Author Topic: Come on in!  (Read 31937 times)

Offline Kushan

• Neo-Newbie
Come on in!
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:34:51 PM »
Everybody introduce yourself here :)
I'll go first.

My name is Kushan, I'm from Ireland although I currently live in England while I study at University.

I'm studying Computer Games Technology, still in my first year but so far it's going well.

I hope to eventually become a proper games programmer for consoles like the DS ^_^

Ok, now your turn :P

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
Re: Come on in!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:45:54 PM »
Woot Second  ;D

Any way i am Boblen, Real name Robert. I made Aussie-Play.com with a friend and yer.

I am in year 10 at school and i like to make web sites  ;)

Edit: I also go sailing on Sunday (so i wont be online then) and this week we broke our boat - our mast is like a banana  :( i will try and take a photo :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:23:48 PM by boblen »

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 10:22:20 PM »
Great idea!!.

Im Rogerpoco(its roger ****** the third,usually go by poco),from the U.S.

I was a prison guard for 7 years,decided id rather be nice than mean :),so now im a nurse.

31yo,wife,3 kids,play guitar,keyboards,sing.

The one constant throughout life has been gaming.i think i remember my dad borrowing a tele-star from a friend in the 70's(ill have to ask)

E.T.(stella)was probably the first game i finished.ive seen it ranked as the worst game of all time.i was,like,eight-didnt understand Adventure(though one of my friends recently ripped through it to show me)CUSTERS REVENGE!!!!

i hope i have not been getting on peoples nerves,this is the first forum i have EVER participated in,with a subject i really care about..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:07:37 AM by rogerpoco »
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:15:21 PM »
I'm bruceg,

I'm from the USA as well.  I own all the video game systems out there, but I mainly collect, so I'm not very good anymore (eye hand coordination skills have gone way downhill).

I also can't believe Roger Poco was a prison guard.  He looks like he's too damn nice (saw his picture with his turtle).  Probably treated the prisoners well also.  Well, he's a nurse now, so he's treating people well all the time  ;D

BruceG

Offline sven

• the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 11:37:23 PM »
i am sven 14 years old still on school in the 3th clas i am dutch and dont speak english very well, espiacilly the grammer :o
i bought last year a chip for my gamecube and since then i am totally into downloading gam... eh homebrew stuff :( that is why i bought a neomax kit if i was informed better i should have bought the mk3 2006 512version with the neo-key,
O hai

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:31:35 AM »
The people here are sure young, I'm over twice his age.... oh well  :D

BruceG

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 12:53:15 PM »
Well the NDS was made for younger people but its good to have older people in here.  ;)

Edit: i will probally keep playing the HandHeld games but wont get a new TV console.

Offline rogerpoco

• Neo MOD
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 01:39:32 PM »
Listen,though.Im over 30,3 kids(11,7,5).Oldest(son)plays nds(really he is primarily interested in home consoles)2 daughters play the GBA nonstop(Daddy will you flash..... ;))
I think bruce,whats throwing you on the age is that people right in our age bracket have pretty much been privvy to the entire evolution of"Video games"(Im going back to 1968,1969-Spacewar,people have their own opinion.from the reading i have done,it seems to have had the most profound impact)
Anyway,as the hobby matures,the age brackets it will support will continue to grow.its hard to go to the pro shop at a golf course in the us without Tiger Woods 05,06,whatever,playing on the tv.i have seen a group of 3 65 year old men,gathered around playing.

So dont feel too bad.The days are short sometimes,but life is long.

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 01:54:29 PM »
yer lol i used to play the Nintendo 64 and a little of my Gamecube with my dad.

To think of it me and my mum got dad the N64 for his birthday. are the N64 days would be good if there was a emulator for the DS ... well maby i might get a revolution then  ;)

Offline rogerpoco

• Neo MOD
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 03:08:27 AM »
I am dying for the Revolution(ummm..-not quite what i mean,i guess.).

Truth be told,ive been in the sony camp for a decade now,and had pretty much written off Nintendo altogether.Son still had N64(1997,1998,1999,somewhere around there),but no Nintendo for me.
Neo-Flash has actually caused me to give them more of my money than ever,and i have created three game playing rugrat freak-o kids ;D,that will buy games for the rest of their lives.
Hows that for advertising,Big N... ;)

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:26:26 AM »
Listen,though.Im over 30,3 kids(11,7,5).Oldest(son)plays nds(really he is primarily interested in home consoles)2 daughters play the GBA nonstop(Daddy will you flash..... ;))
I think bruce,whats throwing you on the age is that people right in our age bracket have pretty much been privvy to the entire evolution of"Video games"(Im going back to 1968,1969-Spacewar,people have their own opinion.from the reading i have done,it seems to have had the most profound impact)
Anyway,as the hobby matures,the age brackets it will support will continue to grow.its hard to go to the pro shop at a golf course in the us without Tiger Woods 05,06,whatever,playing on the tv.i have seen a group of 3 65 year old men,gathered around playing.

So dont feel too bad.The days are short sometimes,but life is long.

My first video game system was the atari 2600 (it was the greatest system I had ever owned up to that point -- I meant before we had Pong, but the 2600 could play all these new cartridges.  My dad drove me miles to get the latest cartridges that came out.  Then, in the 80s-90s, I would hang out at the arcades all the time, since the games there were better than on any "home" video game system. 

Well, the arcades in my area all closed eventually, and now the home consoles, and even handhelds are getting really powerful nowadays, so that's why I'm here (long story short)

BruceG
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 11:28:10 AM by bruceg »

Offline sven

• the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
i am just 14 so o did not played in the time of rhe arcades ::sm-02::
when i was 3 i start playing the nes at my grandmothers houde and when i was 4 i bought a snes, later i bought a n64(i bought it together with my brother actually :D) and later then i got a gameboy color from my parents ad later a gba and then a gamecube when i was really going into games because before i only bought what i played at friends at home, buth with the gamecube i got membership with a special nintendo magazine and start searching on internet site's and on the european release day i bought the ds ;)
O hai

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 10:31:37 PM »
Well, kinda late joining the discussion, but I'm here in cold Canada (at least, its cold and snowy today...) and have been living here all of my 29 years.

I spent a bit of time in college with Electronics Engineering (and had an intro to C++ that got me hooked, logic and math being my strong points).

The first console I owned was an Intellivision. I think my dad found it at some auction, it had a tonne of games (2 shoeboxes full) but those controllers never did work right. I built my own though that did work, being about 10 at the time, that was quite an accomplishment (I didnt even have a voltmeter to trace the connections inside :).

I think in my lifetime I have seen one of the greatest things happen: an actual bridge to the "generation gap". And yep, all thank to video games (and one of its distant cousins, the internet).
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 11:53:50 AM »
cory, we all know how smart you are, so further revelations about being a child prodigy really come as no surprise  :D

BruceG

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 05:52:53 PM »
Check my avatar... that is the depth of my shame at being such a tiny young geek...
 ::)
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)