Author Topic: please report the NEO-max V1.9 A4 bug in here.  (Read 22464 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
please report the NEO-max V1.9 A4 bug in here.
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:48:29 AM »
please report the NEO-max application and booter bugs in here.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 01:30:10 PM by cory1492 »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
Re: please report the NEO-max V1.7 bug in here.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 06:39:27 AM »
Just a bit of info:
NeoFlash 512 is detected as cardtype 5, NeoMax as cardtype 12, XG2005 512 as cardtype 2

When formatting, SD/MMC support is checked off by default, but the box does not look like it is checked off. When you disable SD/MMC support, it fills the box in instead of clearing it. The GBA enable compress is odd too, when you click it on then off it is enabled with the box empty. Also, the "open read only" has this problem when adding a rom file.

NDS formatted
I added 1 NDS 128Mbit and 1 GBA 64Mbit rom (in that order) after a fresh format and pressed multi-rom and it says "No free memory!" and changes the size of the NDS I added first to 100x what it was origionally. Adding them one at a time and burning after adding one didnt seem to be a problem.

Desktop.bmp from the skin dir is never displayed anywhere. (not a bug: simply must load it using the skin menu in start)

in moonshell, none of the extensions that were moved to plugins work (.bmp, MP3 etc) (the IMFS shell folder is inaccessable)

NDS and GBA burned to the cart appear to be working well.

With an NDS file on the SD card (copied over using the SD menu), 16MByte, trying to launch it from SD results in "game is too large, write to cart" message

With the new SMS manager utility, I can see GBA saves only, and can do nothing with any of them.

Running GBA from the SD card (burns to the cart I presume) works well (but slow, the message on the bottom of the screen stays with "press start for menu" possibly should say "please wait" or similar), also, once it is flashed through the menu there is no way to run it again without reflashing it.

Not really a bug, but it bugs me: what is on the top screen appears ugly...

GBA format
GBA menu still contains the DS PASS phrase. Trying to boot the DS with flashme fails.

When I start a game in GBA mode, it says "refash ini" - should probably be "refreshing ini"

As far as I have checked SMS in GBA mode format is working flawlessly.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:46:43 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:16:01 PM »
I have a similar problem in nds formatted mode, with an error saying there is "no free memory", when there should be space.  Also, the program just will not add certain gba and nds titles (some cryptic error in a non-English language pops up).  Cory already mentioned the size limitation when adding certain nds files to the SD card.  Furthermore, I still cannot add the antares.nds homebrew file, either to the cart or SD card to run (get another non-English error message).

While the gba loader seems to be functioning more or less correctly, the nds loader has saving issues.  There is no "saver file" created for any of the nds roms I have burned on the flashcart (when you choose to format and select 'sd/mmc support').  So, after you run a rom from the flashcart, there is no way to save your progress.  Saver files show up for the nds roms loaded on the SD card, however.

When I use the sms manager, I can see both the gba and nds saves that are stored on the sd card, and open them up, hex edit the values, save them, and also run the search function.  The save manager crashed, though, when I was hex editing a nds save.

BruceG
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 04:20:10 PM by bruceg »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 04:46:23 PM »
the neo-key can work with 1.7?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
Re: please report the NEO-max V1.7 A2 bug in here.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 05:36:43 PM »
With 1.7 it was a no-go (just hung when I pressed detect), with 1.7A2 it detects NeoKey as cart type 17.

1.7A2:
When I write a menu to the NeoKey I had to redetect it a couple times (it kept telling me no free memory when I pressed single ROM), and when it finally did write, when if finished it said "Not Find Cart" and then after pressing OK, it said "Write OK"

Format should be disabled for cart type 17 though it seems to be working.

Also, I havent found the conflict, but after uninstalling 1.5 and installing 1.7 NPK no longer worked with slim4, reinstalled everything and both are now working.

Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 05:09:01 AM »
Uninstalling neomax 1.7 A2 causes Neo Power Kit 2.2 SL3 to not function anymore.  I can't comment on the neo-key improvements in version 1.8, as I don't own a neo-key.

BruceG

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:37:31 AM »
It is due to a shared file "EB100Usb.sys" and slimloaderXX.sys, also fixable by running the update.exe from the NPK USB driver dir.

OH JEEZEUS... I forgot all about the touch screen, looks like SMS addion is working fine (I was just trying with the buttons wrather than using the touch screen too)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 09:35:50 AM by cory1492 »

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
Re: please report the NEO-max V1.8 bug in here.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 08:20:31 AM »
Dr.neo : note I have been changing the topic title, so posts that have been since V1.8 will have 1.8 in each posts topic. Thanks for the new topscreen graphic, looks much better (although I suspect the old one would look better on a DSLite)  ::sm-05::

I can confirm that NeoMax DS side app is working equally with current MK2/3 models.

I have started a buglist here, I'll update it as they are submitted. Am currently testing to see which bugs pop up from my list the other day.

Mixed files (nds/gba) appears to be working very well now

NeoKey:
- detected fine (asks to format though?)
- added MK2 menu then the cart info box says it is a 0mbit cart
- pressed single rom - gives error message "no free space"
- pressed detect again (says to format again and only says "cardtype: 17")
- pressed single rom again and it burns fine
- give message "Not find cartridge" then "write OK"
- must shut NeoMax and unplug/replug slimloader for it to see the NeoKey cart again (always says "no device" if I dont)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 09:35:31 AM by cory1492 »

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 09:44:53 AM »
It is due to a shared file "EB100Usb.sys", also fixable by running the update.exe from the NPK USB driver dir.

Yeah, I noticed the message about EB100USB.sys when I uninstalled (I clicked the option to keep the shared files, but that didn't help any)

I mentioned this since I didn't think it happened before with version 1.5 (just thought it would be less confusing if one uninstall didn't affect the other program, if possible -- so users won't post how NPK isn't working anymore)

BruceG

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 12:24:11 PM by bruceg »

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 12:45:46 PM »
When ever i insert my Neo-Max / Neo-Key i always have to reformat it.

Can this be fixed so we can get the Saves off them?

Thanks.

Offline ementat

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 08:03:34 AM »
And I am still have the same problems with the new Neo Max 1.8 software described here http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1764.0.html.

The only difference is that Neo Max detects my NeoFlash card as type 5 now not type 8.

And yes - i uninstalled everything from my computer, manually removed the slimloader driver, installed NeoMax 1.8, installed new slimloader driver - and nothing works...  >:( But Neo Power kit 2.2 is working  :'(

EDIT by bruceg:  He is having problems getting his neoflash 512 to function with the latest neomax version.  When he tries to detect, format, or add anything, the program continually freezes on him (he has tried on both an athlon and an intel based pc).  The new detection routines have NOT improved his situation.  Neo Power kit functions perfectly, however...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 03:09:13 PM by bruceg »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »
Also, I havent found the conflict, but after uninstalling 1.5 and installing 1.7 NPK no longer worked with slim4, reinstalled everything and both are now working.

you can see the X2USB.DLL is the key point,neo-max/SL3/SL4 have different X2USB.DLL,you just need to register this file,then you can see it works ::sm-04::

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
Re: please report the NEO-max 1.9 bug in here.
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 07:58:07 PM »

you can see the X2USB.DLL is the key point,neo-max/SL3/SL4 have different X2USB.DLL,you just need to register this file,then you can see it works ::sm-04::
The uninstaller really shouldnt take shared files away (like the USB driver.sys files, without uninstalling the device). X2usb.dll has been a problem for a while.

Is there a way to not have the same name .dll shared between two programs and have it loaded from the install folder at runtime instead of registered with windows? Like NMusb.dll instead of X2usb.dll, so that uninstalling one does not affect the other? (Im assuming the program loads the .dll based on its filename and not internal function names though)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:01:45 PM by cory1492 »

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
Re: please report the NEO-max V1.9 A2 bug in here.
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 08:49:57 PM »
The buttons are still very confusing in 1.9 A2 PC software, in the default skin at least sometimes the box is filled with a sqare and it unselected, sometimes it empty and that is unselected, sometimes it is empty and that is selected... etc

Offline firetalon

Re: please report the NEO-max V1.9 A2 bug in here.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 06:47:59 AM »
   I am still having some fairly annoying problems with even the newest Neomax version (1.9_A3).  When attempting, earlier today, to flash the newest Menu version (0.6 Beta 1) to my Neo-Key...

First, I uninstalled the last version of Neomax that I had had installed.  Then I continued to install the latest version (1.9_A3). 

Second, I plugged in the hardware, my Slim Loader IV, into an empty motherboard USB slot.

Third, I opened the NeoMax program, and clicked on "DETECT" to detect my Neo-Key flashcart.  The program stated, "Please Format First!".  I then went about formatting the card, and when the format was complete, the program stated, "NOT FIND CARD!", two times in a row.

I then attempted to flash the menu to the flashcart, and the program wouldn't detect the card again, no matter what I tried.

Next, I turned off the Neomax program, and unplugged and replugged the USB Slimloader IV.

Basically, after a short series of troubleshooting...  I found that the only way I could flash a file to the Neo-Key flashcart, was to NOT format the card when it told me to "Format Card First!", and then go about adding the rom.  At first this didn't work either, but after a couple of tries, it stated, "NOT FIND CARD!", and in the second popup window, "Write OK!".

When it had stated, "Write OK!", the file was on the Neo-Key and working. 

I will be happy when the Neo-Key is only needed for a backup for a corrupt Menu replacement on the MK3, and we don't need to use the Slim-Loader IV for much.  Windows USB drivers have always been very buggy, as are most USB ports in general, and I think the direct writing to the SD cards was one of the best developments in flashcarts and passmes in a long time for this reason.

Either way, I don't have much of a gripe with this program or the SlimLoader IV, because with a little extra time and troubleshooting, it does what it needs to do, and I hope the experience I had with my Neo-Key might help solve a problem with it in the long run.  Thanks for continuing to update and produce the software for this hardware, too!