Author Topic: Tetris&Touch  (Read 29694 times)

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
Tetris&Touch
« on: March 20, 2006, 04:37:32 AM »
ohh finaly....
So here is my version not perfect but playable and makes fun....

Its a Tetrisclone but with new style...

What my version has, what orginal doesnt have:
-My cubes are falling "stepless"
-My tetris is in 3D
-U can use touchscreen instead of buttons...
-The Cubes are realy rotating

Most inportant was for me: To let Tetris like everyone knows it...

It wasnt easy to make a new movement/physic which should stay tetrisstyle but stepless... so here are the screenshots:

Ok u may wondering "Is there just one stone in the game..."
No all 7 stones are there...But the emualtor i used seemed to dont know randomnumbers, or it doesnt support timerinterrupts...

There are still some bugs and i am not shure if today is last day...
there stands "untill 20th" Does that mean tomorow is still allowed???

The music :) is from my brother so if u dont like it... i cant help u... ::sm-03::
So if u find some bugs please  :-X tell me... here is a rar-archive its contents are: ds.gba (for flascard/for supercard u have to rename to .nds) and .nds for wmb (ahh i forgot the WifiLogo hehe looks like a bug but it isnt)
http://www.ndsdev.de/hosted/payk/TetrisAndTouch.rar

Probleme beim entwickeln von spielen für NDS? Visit www.ndsdev.de
(just means if u got problems with developing nds-roms u could visit...)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 05:12:49 AM by Payk »

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
Re: Tetris&Touch
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 04:52:18 AM »
ahh before i forget it:

Instruction:

If u see that Splashscreen (with that rotating letters)
u have tu push start...
if u are game over u have to push start, too.

Controls:
Use the D-Pad to move the cube arround or touch inside the circle, if u now move the stylus to right the cube moves,too. (if there is nothing in its way)

if u touch under the circle and move the stylus or if u hit A/B-Button the stone will rotate

Offline ratticon

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:48:50 AM »
I like how you extended my splash for the background! Good Idea!  ;D
R

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 02:05:33 PM »
hehe i was not shure if it is allowed or not but it should fit together hehe. Thanx and i really like that splashscreen but its very difficult to modify. All these leafs and if u zoom in u see that the sky blue is actually in more colors..(ahh dont know how to explain but there are pixels which aren...)
first i wanted the hole bg without the font. So later in menu the Label should appear. But after first zoom in i knowed that i can forget that....hehe
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:11:39 PM by Payk »

DynamicStability

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »
the music is amusing :)  INFINITE SPIN!!!   ::sm-02::

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »
yes the music has its own style hehe.
I wish i had a screenshot from the moment when the lines explode and all the spinning cubes fly arround but with emu and 6 frames per second and just one stone on emu u cant get a good shot of that )-:

DynamicStability

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »
I've never used a DS emulator, nor do I have a digital camera, yet I have tons of screenshots of my ds apps....3d even.

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 11:56:40 PM »
sure 3D runs fine on emu...but the problem is i use a Background behind the 3D scene. Do get that managed u have to change the bg priority. so bg0 for 3d scene must be 1. and normal bg2. And ensata first drawed bg over 3D-scene. i just could test on hardware but then i updated emulator and now 3D-scene is visible with ensata but i got now problems with randomnumbers on emu. the randomnumber is on emu allways 1 so u see just that one stone and not the other six and its about 10x slower...so i cant get a screenshot from that what u would see on hardware.....

DynamicStability

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 12:46:01 AM »
ensata is illegal

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 12:49:34 AM »
ohh did i wrote ensata? no it was wrong it was, ehm hmhm, ideas? ehh or some other (if that is illegal too)

Offline Agilo

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 03:40:45 AM »
Nice, in that it's 3D.
The rest sucks.

Sorry to be so blunt, but the music is annoying (at first it was okay, but the infinite loop is taking its toll), the indicator is just plain idiotic (it shows the CURRENT block, which doesn't help at all), and the blocks rotate a bit buggy (try rotating a block which is up against a wall, or try rotating blocks and going from left to right -- if done right, they won't go down as fast as they should).
And also; the framerate (visibly) degrades as more blocks stack up.

But yeah, as far as 3D goes: well done.

Offline d-loader

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 03:55:55 AM »
ensata is illegal

ohh did i wrote ensata? no it was wrong it was, ehm hmhm, ideas? ehh or some other (if that is illegal too)

XDDDDD!!! .. omg, I haven't lauged so hard for ages  :-*

Anyway, I actually think its a quite nice game you got here.. unfortunately, I like Cutrix better.. its just have that extra touch.. if you know what I mean.. maybe you could get some inspiration from that game? .. anyway, I wish you luck with the compo  8)

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 05:56:09 AM »
hey thanx... i sawed his game a week ago. I could easyly copy that idea (the rotation around z-axis) But its his idea and i relly respect that. I think that none of both is better then the other(my opinion). He has a nice menue and also that cutrix mode which is difficult but very funny. My game has a bad menue (or no menue) But i have a stylus-support (which is funny and hard too but on a otherway). His blocks dont rotate really and they move in reconizable steps. My stones rotate great and movesteplless which makes the entiry game much slower and i had no chance to add levels which get faster. (Its a technical thing. Nds supports max. 2000 Polygons. One cube has 6 sides and each has to polygons. So 12 per cube. Gamefield has max. 10x17 cubes. So 10x17x12=2040 which is too much.) So because his stones are falling 1 cube per frame down, and my stones fall 1/4 cube down (so 4 frames per step) he has more possibilitys to add "fastspeedmode". But i am sure his game use >2000 polygons too. Ok if ur near game over try pushing Start. The PauseLabel will be displayed with cubes too. So in that moment there are much more then >2000 polygons and u can see that some cubes in the gamefield dissappiering...)

So both had some problem i think. But both had choosen a different way... I wanted a steppless game and he wanted that the gameplay can be fast...

So i think they are quite similar. But my animations are a bit better (explosions and 3D-Font) and his is a bit better to play. U can choose what is more important...

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 05:57:46 AM »
And if i only could make such good games like my jokes... hehe but i am glad that i could entertain u (perhaps not with tetris but with jokes) hehe

DynamicStability

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »
 ??? joke or nervousness  ???