Author Topic: NEO Flash Competition 2006 Results  (Read 43948 times)

Offline Gwoin

• CodeArtex
Re: NEO Flash Competition 2006 Results
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2006, 03:15:42 AM »
My votes went to Gwoin for GameboxDS and to GPF for his amazing C64 emulator and I'm really glad they both win a prize!  :)

Thank you ;)

A 4th place is not so bad...
Next year I will present a bigger game (platform game where you play with the stylus only), and I will aim the first place :)

Thank you to the Judges even if one of them only give me 1 point (has he really played my games ? ;-P )

Offline Calle_

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2006, 03:29:22 AM »
Phantom - Just saying you use quite big words against the game that got your
ninepoint.

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2006, 03:32:34 AM »
'll quickly program a buggy and incomplete RPG

Exuse me?

.... who the hell said that?

I agree about buggy and incomplete...but he will improve it...

Already did! it was rather a stupid typo :P
i also added a saving system.

What is incomplete about it? magic system and Saving? let's see YOU code a complete COMSTUMABLE RPG engine in such a short time span! I plan to release the source so others can just change a few lines to make thier own game!

See my site and the thread.
http://Http://LiraNuna.drunkencoders.com/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 03:36:18 AM by LiraNuna »

Offline Phantom

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2006, 03:42:52 AM »
Phantom - Just saying you use quite big words against the game that got your
ninepoint.

Imagine what I could say about others  ::sm-05::

Offline Calle_

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2006, 03:45:30 AM »
Lira - Hehe. one step further on killing  idea, fantasy, skills and orginality in these kinda things :P

When do you plan on having it finished? My contructive critique to you would be the current content of the game, I have not played it through so dont take this all to serious, but content makes a game, especially an RPG.

Offline sypherce

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2006, 03:55:20 AM »
Hi, I'm still foggy on what the out means  ::sm-04::
Can someone explain to me what it means exactly?

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2006, 04:00:57 AM »
I think it means none of the 4 judges had it in their top ten.

Offline sypherce

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2006, 04:03:42 AM »
Hmm, if that's so I'd like to ask the judges what I could do to make my app better. Just for the good of the app.

:EDIT:
Aye, I just read the other thread... I guess it is a bit complicated... At least I know what to work on (simplicity)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 04:05:31 AM by sypherce »

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2006, 04:15:23 AM »
Lira - Hehe. one step further on killing  idea, fantasy, skills and orginality in these kinda things :P

When do you plan on having it finished? My contructive critique to you would be the current content of the game, I have not played it through so dont take this all to serious, but content makes a game, especially an RPG.

Well, the game is only missing a magic system now (which is already inside, just disabled...).
Other then that, the game is FULL - having a ~40minutes of gameplay minimum! I know the story isn't that thrilling and exciting, but let's say I don't have what i ttakes to expend the gameplay time :)

Offline psp333

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2006, 04:59:53 AM »
ill take 10th ^_^ i still win something atleast

Offline Ben2303

• http://ben2303.blogspot.com/
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2006, 05:24:07 AM »
Congratulations to everyone !  :)

I agree with people complaining about public votes, most of them are friend points (especially PlayerAdvance ones who support their members), but at last that doesn't really change the results (except for Hero wich deserves better and cutrix who had been lower).
About NF.com votes, I'm sure admins have checked the votes are not from fresh new mysterious users  :P

Special congratulations to Cosmic Invaders wth a pretty decent place without public points !

Offline Brunni

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2006, 06:22:36 AM »
I agree with Yodajr. The judgement in the PSP section is really a shame. It seems like some judges didn't even tested all entries before judging.
Anyways a 2nd place is cool, I didn't even expect so much :-)
Congratulations to all others! :D
And big thanks to all people who voted for me :-*
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 06:33:41 AM by Brunni »

Offline danzel

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2006, 06:42:25 AM »
Sorry Danzel, but in AFKIM, you need 15 minutes to write a single phrase => it has no utility. I don't understand how people can vote for it, except if the results are corrupted or they didn't tested it (which is 99.99999% likely, looking at the results). It's a good software, but it merits in no way to be first IMHO.
When you first sat down at a computer keyboard did you immediately type at 100wpm? Learning a keyboard takes time, I can type at an acceptable speed for instant messaging on my psp after the amount of time I've spent using it. There is a new keyboard coming in the next version.

Also, most entries violated the GNU GPL because they were using GPL code and didn't release their source code.
I'm highly disappointed in those who have violated the GPL aswell, Quake 2 port anyone?

I personally don't really see the point of all the shells, I pick up my psp to do something on it, not to launch an alternate interface.
The PSPOsx paint program was terrible, you couldn't seriously consider painting with that! ;)
FA++ does seem fairly useful for a dev, since you can get slightly quicker copy run debug cycles, but these days I do all my testing on PC (compile my app for pc thanks to SDL, use a ps2 controller for input) and then on psp I use psplink (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3834) for debugging (which is awesome btw).
I don't agree that FA++ should of been first, but I do rate it higher than PSPOsx in its current state.

Anyway, there were many excellent entries and I got to learn about some new apps and libs.

A Great big Thanks to all the people who threw votes my way, NEO Flash for hosting the competition and of course all the devs for your excellent work!
I'm looking forward to seeing more releases from all of ya :)

Offline RobM

• RobM's DS Dev
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2006, 08:47:18 AM »
Congrats to everyone! ;D

Maybe next time I will make it in the top 10.  :'(

Offline Slasher

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2006, 09:47:44 AM »
I agree with Yodajr. The judgement in the PSP section is really a shame. It seems like some judges didn't even tested all entries before judging.
Anyways a 2nd place is cool, I didn't even expect so much :-)
Congratulations to all others! :D
And big thanks to all people who voted for me :-*
'Tied' for second...with me  :-*, happens they gave me the third place though, oh well : P