Author Topic: The 9th. NEO Project --- NEO Super SNES Dev Kit  (Read 100136 times)

Offline mrforever

Re: The 9th. NEO Project --- NEO Super SNES Dev Kit
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
Hello Dr. Neo,
a important question please, if i attack some of this cartridge with FX GSU-1 (FX-Argonaut)

Dirt Racer (E)
Dirt Trax FX (E)
Dirt Trax FX (US)
Doom (J)
Doom (US)
Vortex (E)
Vortex (J)
Vortex (US

for exaple i attack vortex and i will upload rom of dirt trax in flash catridge i can play with dirt trax without problems? And is it same for all special chipped cartridge??
thx in advance
Mr.Forever

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 09:23:10 PM »
Hello Dr. Neo,
a important question please, if i attack some of this cartridge with FX GSU-1 (FX-Argonaut)

Dirt Racer (E)
Dirt Trax FX (E)
Dirt Trax FX (US)
Doom (J)
Doom (US)
Vortex (E)
Vortex (J)
Vortex (US

for exaple i attack vortex and i will upload rom of dirt trax in flash catridge i can play with dirt trax without problems? And is it same for all special chipped cartridge??
thx in advance
Mr.Forever

yes i think it can work,becuase in theory you can use the extra chip to make the game workable who need same chip to work.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »
Sweet.
I really want one of these. Maby i should buy a SNES first?

Offline mrforever

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 10:17:25 PM »
yes i think it can work,becuase in theory you can use the extra chip to make the game workable who need same chip to work.
[/quote]

ok but you have done some test, if yes please tell me which tests.
Thanks
Mr.Forever

Offline Phantom

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 02:08:40 AM »
it still in work for 1/2 Month, a lot of thing can change. It would be useless to give you result that will change next week. When the product will be release you will know everything you need.

Offline Jagasian

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 02:15:28 AM »
Games that use chips other than the DSPX chips will not work via passthru.  The reason is that these other chips have connections on the cart between the chip and the ROM.  Hence the chip would be connected to the old ROM as opposed to the ROM on the flash cart.

Don't expect FX chip games to work on the flash cart.  Expect non-special chip games and DSPX games to work.

Offline neotherebel

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 06:29:25 PM »
hello dr.Neo,
i would like to if this flash card will be able to play games that uses special dsp chips and super fx chips and also the cost for this flash card
thanks

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »
sorry i think Jagasian have gave you one very clear answer already,no? ::sm-11.gif::

Offline Jagasian

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2006, 09:51:11 PM »
sorry i think Jagasian have gave you one very clear answer already,no? ::sm-11.gif::

As far as I know, it is impossible to support anything other than DSP1, DSP2, DSP3, and DSP4 with a passthru.  No other flash kit, copier, or backup device supports the other chips.  However, there are some games that do not use special chips, which do not run on other backup devices.  I hope that the NEO Super SNES kit supports those games.  In fact, I am hoping that the NEO Super SNES kit is the best backup device for the SNES.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2006, 05:04:44 PM »
exactly,it's our aim  ::sm-17.gif::

Offline juanmiglesias

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2006, 10:03:16 AM »
GOOD WORK!!!! like to see retro devices.... i was looking forward to see one snes device :). keep them coming.. love to see a sega genesis with 32x support and.. one i have dreamed of.. nintendo 64!... keep the good work.. greetings from venezuela.

Offline 00gly

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
You guys would be very wise to invest in an n64 solutuion like the v64jr, but with flash instead of battery backed ram. (times have changed). It's one thing we know is possible, and there is some information about.

The older n64 copiers are nearly impossible to find, and will fetch 300+ dollars often times. I don't think anything would sell better than an n64 cart right now.

NES would of course be interesting, as it's never been done. Though, there's a good reason. If you can find a good way to support (emulate) a wide array of different mappers, this device would sell very well too.

Offline mrforever

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2006, 05:45:01 PM »

As far as I know, it is impossible to support anything other than DSP1, DSP2, DSP3, and DSP4 with a passthru.  No other flash kit, copier, or backup device supports the other chips.  However, there are some games that do not use special chips, which do not run on other backup devices.  I hope that the NEO Super SNES kit supports those games.  In fact, I am hoping that the NEO Super SNES kit is the best backup device for the SNES.

ok if more games doesn't support from backup copiers or flash carts but the win9x/xp emulators like snes9x and zsnes are capable to run those special chipped games. I think that the best solution is that future dr.neo flash cart can run snes9x and zsnes  :D
please dr.neo to apply this fantastic options!!
thx

Offline Gluck

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 01:53:39 AM »
ok if more games doesn't support from backup copiers or flash carts but the win9x/xp emulators like snes9x and zsnes are capable to run those special chipped games. I think that the best solution is that future dr.neo flash cart can run snes9x and zsnes  :D
thx

Don't be stupid : you want an snes emulator on a Snes ???  ::sm-04::

Offline mrforever

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 02:46:09 AM »
thx

Don't be stupid : you want an snes emulator on a Snes ???  ::sm-04::

oooooooooh you don't understand what i want tell, i tell that the best solution is a portion of code of those emulator mounted in a additional chip installed on flash cart.
Gluck do you know alternative methods? ^_^