Author Topic: The Ninja DS (split from MK4SD discussion)  (Read 16529 times)

Offline macrocubic

The Ninja DS (split from MK4SD discussion)
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:48:07 AM »
Hey Dr.neo!!!!!!!!!! What's going on??????????? The ninjads is almost finished (which seems to be much better than your MK4) and you hasn't even released the final specs!!!!!!!!!!!!.................and...............what about some pictures?? I mean, fotographies

And the price?????

Please Dr.neo.......keep givin us info

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 06:17:20 AM »
where did you get your infomation from?

Offline d-loader

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 01:10:17 AM »

I don't like it  ::sm-02::  ... but as boblen asked, where did you get the info.. the rather unupdated homepage didn't say anything

Offline d-loader

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 01:52:03 AM »
loooooool, the NinjaDS is bigger than the MK2/3

::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05:: ::sm-05::

Offline sven

• the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 02:18:23 AM »
somehow it lokks likes it smaller, i know why but to hard to explaint with my english,
O hai

Offline d-loader

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 03:05:42 AM »
its 7 CM ( 1 cm longer than the MK2/3 ) and then you have to add SD card

If we're talking about what the Neoteam can offer, the best is ( currently ) an MK3 with onboard memory.. that makes it 6 CM because you wouldn't have to insert SD cart, nor an original DS game  ::sm-17.gif::

neoteam > ninjads  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline vinnymac

• NDS-Roms Admin
    • Advance Generation of Emulation
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 03:24:56 AM »
wth, are you trying to say. Plus its not NinjaDS any more I think thats only in Europe. Its SamuraiDS http://www.samuraids.tw/

Offline sven

• the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 03:29:10 AM »
i'm european ::sm-21.gif::
O hai

Offline d-loader

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 04:47:45 AM »
that the Ninja DS ( samurai? ) is 1 CM longer than the MK2/3 .. what I heard in the beginning was something like "OH ITS GONNA BE SO MUCH SMALLER AND BETTER THAN THE MK'S AND BLAH BLAH"

well, I can't make a final conclution, but I can say for sure its longer  ::sm-22.gif::

Offline vinnymac

• NDS-Roms Admin
    • Advance Generation of Emulation
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 04:50:38 AM »
then again why guess. I'll tell you myself i'm getting it to test and review anyways. It is a model picture so I doubt its a real sized picture too. I bet its just what they wanted thier product to look like in the end I don't mind the bulk. Even the m3 is fine for me.

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 05:09:43 AM »
I would say that
SamuraiDS = Japan
NinjaDS = English.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 08:46:27 AM »
http://www.samuraids.tw/
http://www.ninjads.com/
http://www.ninjamod.com/
all the same people? If so I hope they put a better effort into the DS product than the GCN chip... it looks like it may possibly be not be updateable, which could be a failing if big N changes how their toolchain works even marginally (look how much trouble that made for the dumpers when the new chip was put to use in the DS cards).

vinnymac: and idea on an eta for their product? As far as I can tell its 'NOT AVAILABLE YET' which is the only real communication/news they gave out.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline wilcd

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 09:29:35 AM »
following the picture info it's 7cm including the SD inside the socket dont you watch it or what ??? d-loader. ... are you blind ? it means NINJADS is smaller than mk3 with a sd or original cart which you must put in MK2/3 ,,, and btw i dont know the compatibility which NINJADS will have ,, but the MK3 compatibility is a ****ing **** ,,, it no runs at least a 40% of the 43x roms in market

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 09:54:14 AM »
wildc: if the ninjads is done by ninjamod, well, they pretty much dropped their customers on their heads after releasing the gcn chip - and a shoddy chip at that. (also, with flashme and a menu written to the menu flash on a MK3, you dont need a SD card OR a DS card - it is indeed shorter than the renders spec) - if all you came by to do is rant with incomplete info, please go elsewhere -

I have been here for months assisting the developers of the MK2/3 apps with testing, and so have others - just because commercial ROM compatibility now is far from perfect doesnt mean it wont/cant improve dramatically in the future.

When the MK2/3 was initially designed and the first PR/questions came along they said outright that running directly from the SD card wouldnt happen and that the MK2 was for homebrew developers and not commercial ROMs. Since then the menu creators found a way to do so, but the hardware was really not designed with that method in mind. Homebrew though, is and was what they always had in mind with the MK2.

That said, the ninjaDS hasnt been released and very well may never see the light of day (I doubt that but, until they put more info/progess its hard to say), no-one knows for certain if or what the dev's will do on their end to keep it up to date.

I do know for a fact that the MK4 and Neo2 is coming along nicely and going through its paces and beta hardware builds, since Neo is not so stingy with their information as samurai and ninja seem to be.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:04:12 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline wilcd

crud
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:32 AM »
hahaha,,you're very funny

PD : NINJA GAMECUBE MODCHIP HAS MORE THAN 6UPDATES,it was the first cheap series bios modchip in support DIRECT BOOT ,MULTIGAMES AND AUDIO FIX,,and they shared his drivecode to scene for the rest of coders which wanted to make any app using it ... so .. if you haven't idea about it ,,dont talk ,,and yes,,,it's confirmed you dont have idea ,,