Author Topic: The Ninja DS (split from MK4SD discussion)  (Read 16540 times)

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
Re: The Ninja DS (split from MK4SD discussion)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »
Ill say it again:
- if all you came by to do is rant with incomplete info, please go elsewhere -
Proof is in the pudding. Back up what you are saying if you have any real clue. There really is no need to get disrespectful like that though, forums are meant for discussion. I personally like being proven wrong, it keeps me humble and learning - but I gave up throwing insults at people I dont know back in grade school some 15 years ago.
-----
6 updates that were not done by the Ninja team at all, but the GCOS authors as I remember it (GCOS rebranded). You know, the guys who released the free/open source Game Cube OS.

You say they "shared" his drivecode, I guess the guys who reversed the initial code out (TMBinc) in the first place did nothing for them, and the guys who coded their OS did nothing for them or the scene, hey? As for "shared", some people reversed the bios and got the drivecode from it to share, they shared nothing until forced to, and even then they share nothing I cant get from the free GCOS.

BTW: it still does not change the fact of your initial incomplete info that the MK3 HAS to have an SD card and DS game inserted thus increasing its length. I use my MK3 without either in my DS regularly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:45:49 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline wilcd

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 02:18:56 PM »
:) blahhblah blah,,, funny guy ,,,you must to be working in a tv show;)

Offline Phantom

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »
except he is 100% right...

Audio fix,was made by someone else, and directboot was Qoob staff job's.

Offline d-loader

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 06:12:06 PM »
thanks for supporting my statement Cory

Wilcd: Please stop acting so immature  ::sm-02:: .. just like Cory, I don't mind to be proven wrong.. however you haven't brought any piece of information to support your statements.. untill then, I can't take it serious  >:(

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 07:31:06 PM »
I only see the ninja products in online stores and stuff,
Most monchipping companines dont even have a website or something.
What about a forum? or something where people can talk about there Ninja stuff?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 08:46:09 PM »
no problem d-loader, and thanks phantom.

boblen: actually most chips have a site of their own; the good ones have support and forums where you can actually discuss stuff with the developers, the cheap ones dont even bother to update their homepages, and the clones of the good ones sometimes even have an actual site.

blahhblah blah,,, funny guy ,,,you must to be working in a tv show;)
Ok, if you think it then it must be true (seems to be your reasoning at any rate). Since you are unwilling to provide actual info I assume you have none to provide, well here is mine (and Im still not sure why I am wasting my fingertips on your childishness):

From my own experience with the 2 ninja GC chips I had purchased for product testing to see if we would offer support on the site I co-operate: the chip is not worth having. Period. Its cheap and not in a good way, they dont provide any after purchase (install) support (thus they drop their users on their heads immediately after purchase), and now there are better chips like Xeno for less any way.

To see some of the stuff ninjamod has done in the past that leads me to the beleif in shadyness/shoddy practices, and that their future products will not do so well if they continue it:
http://www.iso420.org/ngc/ninjamodv1/index.htm
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4074&postcount=1
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4099&postcount=1
The NinjaMod itself takes its design from TMBINC's free schematics without direct permission and/or compensation and uses a modified version of the GCOS BIOS coded specifically by the GCOS team for the NinjaMod respectivly named NinjaShell.

Needless to say, I will still give the Ninja DS/Samurai DS a shot if they do ever hit the market. It is vapourware until people other than eltorado have an actual product in hand to try out (if they arent only going by an email from the developer for their info and confirmations); and just like the MK4SD/mini and Neo2 and any other unreleased product - I say wait until more is known and reviews exist before sending your money. A render is not enough to change my opinion on that for anyone.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 11:40:37 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!! You began discussing about the ninjads since I wrote that question?? ?? ??

Anyway, the question has not been answered yet :(
Hey Dr.neo!!!!!!!!!! What's going on??????????? The ninjads is almost finished (which seems to be much better than your MK4) and you hasn't even released the final specs!!!!!!!!!!!!.................and...............what about some pictures?? I mean, fotographies

And the price?????

Please Dr.neo.......keep givin us info

By the way, It's true that ninjads is almost finished: The Ninja Team are spanish (specificaly FROM CANARY ISLANDS!!!!!!(like me) CONCRETLY FROM MY CITY). And they've comfirmed it's almost finished, but not in their web.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 02:46:53 AM »
macrocubic: I dont read spanish, have they released prototypes and such to anyone down at eltorado or some such? Final pricing and release dates havent been put to the site, just a render and "not available yet", pretty much like the MK4SD.

I have it on good word that the MK4mini (passme replacement) is finalized, has been preselling for a while and should be shipping fairly soon. The Neo2 cart should be not too far behind it, but I havent heard anything resembling an ETA on the MK4SD yet.

Offline d-loader

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 04:38:57 AM »
I think they'll take thier time, and release a much better DS product this time.. I'm talking about Neoflash, and not NinjaMod here.. I'll keep my personal opinion on thier way of "programming" the NinjaShell to myself  :-X

Anyway, I think the Neoteam want to release a more stable and mature product this time.. I don't think they will release it untill stability and compatability have been proved.. but thats just my thoughts  ::sm-12.gif::

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 07:34:02 AM »
I personally am hoping for a DS solution thats solid enough gets taken up by the official developers who need less expensive devices for testers of their games.

When such devices came out for before, like the Doctor N64, there was a ramp up in speed of development and general quality - especially when each official dev cart costs a fair amount and the special writer for them is double what I paid for my last car.

Things like Spyro DS probably would have never made it to market in their current state if remote testing could be done at a lesser cost...

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 03:20:30 AM »
macrocubic: I dont read spanish, have they released prototypes and such to anyone down at eltorado or some such? Final pricing and release dates havent been put to the site, just a render and "not available yet", pretty much like the MK4SD.

I have it on good word that the MK4mini (passme replacement) is finalized, has been preselling for a while and should be shipping fairly soon. The Neo2 cart should be not too far behind it, but I havent heard anything resembling an ETA on the MK4SD yet.

eltorado?? ??? ?? ??? XDXDXDXDXD ELOTROLADO!!!!!("theotherside"). Well, as I told you ninjateam are from my city, and that was one of the reasons I get on with them: In elotrolado. There are lots of post of them saying it's finished, And we had "chat" by private messages.
It's almost out, maybe some weeks

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 05:42:02 AM »
eltorado sounds more spanish to my english mind and is easier for me to remember... sorry. Toro Toro! The Trolls Ado! (I know more french than spanish, and there is a good reason I dont go and post there - if you havent seen that by now...  ::sm-05::) Nothing personal against the site, I just cant read it without an online/bad translator.

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 10:54:12 PM »
Ok comparing a backuptool with a devertool is bad. So let me correct wilcd with comparing ninjasd with supercard cf.

They both stick out much: draw
CF is faster then SD: SC (cf even can be faster then a nds gamecard)
Compatibility: we dont know it from ninjasd but supercard has allmost 98%

So correct my if i am wrong: Before ninjasd comes out its sure that it wont be the best.

So that was an unfrair comparesion like wilcd has made. So for my opinion mk3 is best developing tool for nds out there. And its a bit more then that which is a nice bonus. (ROM-DUMPING and PLAY). So when Ninja arrives i will compare it to mk3. But not as Backuptool because mk3 never was planed to be. I compare them as Devertool. So if Ninja doesnt release they way of FATLib and if it doesnt will have internal space for ROMs(homebrew) then it will lose. Then i will begin to compare it with other backuptoolz. Like SCCF or M3CF. When transferrate is worse then them (it just can be like that) and if it plays less roms or slower (has to do with transfer rate) it will also lose there.
Lets see
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:31:41 AM by Payk »

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »
SD can be much faster than a NDS game card, in fact it can easily match the speed of the GBA port which at max speeds is 3X faster than the DS port (at max). Just not necissarily the way it is being applied in ALL the SD adapters to date.

Problem being: SDIO (which gives full speed SD access) is proprietary (costs alot of money to get liscence which has to be "logo tested"), MMC/SPI mode is not liscenced... but it is a cost of speed.

Code: [Select]
So correct my if i am wrong: Before ninjasd comes out its sure that it wont be the best.You are not wrong; the best is the actual DS cart, next to best is the Nitro Dev carts. With recent piracy of the DS cart format popping up, I dont expect it will be too long before we see some form of flashable DS cart with limited memory.

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 04:16:11 AM »
Hmhmh but current CF adapters are faster then SD?