Author Topic: NEO summer coding contest 2006 for NDS(GBA) and PSP first announcement  (Read 62484 times)

Offline Merkoth

excellent question, every splash I found on this forums are from previous compos  >:(

Offline JessTicular

V. Nice, I may enter :)

One question - Can we enter more than one game?

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
For the ones new to this competition, you must know that the splash screen is always decided at the last minute ;P

Offline Didou

• Didou's root page
Hi,

So, I'll again submit a game  :)
Development is already started  :)

I hope that there will not be any "contact information" problem this time  :)

Cheers, ans see you soon...

-- Didou
Areuh :)

Offline drakonite

• Team Makeshift Design
For the spring compo it says "[4] If your project have release in another compo already, you still can join our compo too." ... Does that rule apply to the summer compo too?

Offline d-loader

For the ones new to this competition, you must know that the splash screen is always decided at the last minute ;P

Heh, its no problem really, just make space for it in your code, and use a "dummy" splash meanwhile.. recompile with the final screen and voila  ::sm-10.gif::

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
V. Nice, I may enter :)

One question - Can we enter more than one game?

yes you can  ::sm-18.gif::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline drakonite

• Team Makeshift Design
Let me clarify a bit..  I have a psp game I recently entered in a small compo on another site that I'd like to add more stuff to and enter into this compo.  I see it was allowed in the spring compo, but is it allowed in this compo as well? 
If I am able to enter it, I'd imagine I'd need to hold off on publicly releasing any updates until after the neoflash compo ;)

Offline chatterbug89

Well, I'll be entering my game for the Nintendo DS that i'm working on for this contest ^^ ( Been working on it for the past three days straight ^^).

I was just wondering though, are we allowed to release our games before the contest is up to get advice from people for improvements and what not and continue to develope it for the contest?  Also, will it be okay if something is submited a week before the deadline? (i'll actually be gone arround the deadline time i think....most likly with no internet connection :( ).  I haven't entered any of the past compos, so i'm not sure how the submision process works or anythign here :S

:) -- What uniqe smileys....

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
Are remakes allowed? I'm new to the DS and not very good at coding in general, so I would like to do a game where I know roughly how its supposed to turn out. Or does it have to ba an origional game?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Let me clarify a bit..  I have a psp game I recently entered in a small compo on another site that I'd like to add more stuff to and enter into this compo.  I see it was allowed in the spring compo, but is it allowed in this compo as well? 
If I am able to enter it, I'd imagine I'd need to hold off on publicly releasing any updates until after the neoflash compo ;)

yes you can.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Well, I'll be entering my game for the Nintendo DS that i'm working on for this contest ^^ ( Been working on it for the past three days straight ^^).

I was just wondering though, are we allowed to release our games before the contest is up to get advice from people for improvements and what not and continue to develope it for the contest?  Also, will it be okay if something is submited a week before the deadline? (i'll actually be gone arround the deadline time i think....most likly with no internet connection :( ).  I haven't entered any of the past compos, so i'm not sure how the submision process works or anythign here :S

yes you can.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Are remakes allowed? I'm new to the DS and not very good at coding in general, so I would like to do a game where I know roughly how its supposed to turn out. Or does it have to ba an origional game?

Must be original game.

Offline canond

Can we send multiple games and get multiple prizes?
If I were to send in 2 NDS games and somehow both games manage to win a prize, could I get 2 prizes from the NDS part of the compo? 

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator

Can we send multiple games and get multiple prizes?
If I were to send in 2 NDS games and somehow both games manage to win a prize, could I get 2 prizes from the NDS part of the compo? 

sorry you can get one prize only,but if you submit multiple games,then mean you have more chance to win,that's all. ::sm-09.gif::