Author Topic: Solution to Slim Loader driver refusing to install  (Read 11816 times)

Offline kansado

Solution to Slim Loader driver refusing to install
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:11:40 PM »
I had the same problem as many people here: "Windows cannot find the software for your device". (As I'm Spanish, I don't know the exact message in English).

I edited the XUSBWindow.inf adding the line in bold:

;
[Version]
; Copyright (c) 2004-2005 X-DRIVER SEMICONDUCTOR
Signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=USB
ClassGUID={36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
provider=%X_DRIVER%
LayoutFile=layout.inf

This way the driver installs under the USB Controllers node in the Device Manager tree. Perhaps a more accurate class should be chosen.

I have not tested the software yet.

Hope this helps.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
Re: Solution to Slim Loader driver refusing to install
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »
Im not sure how that would help detecting the device, once windows detects it, it installs to that class anyway... please let me know if it does solve you issue though.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline kansado

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:08:54 PM »
Yes, that solved my problem.

It seems like Windows expects to find that line while it's parsing the file. I had a look into several oem*.inf in my Windows\Inf folder, and each and every of them with info about a USB device include it.

Altough this hypothesis has the flaw that the original file worked for other people.

I was installing the driver for Slim Loader III on a fully patched Windows XP SP2.

Offline _A_

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 10:28:50 PM »
A menudo te va a dar problemas el driver, pero no es el driver si no windows. En mi caso, cada vez que utilizo el NEO MAX al insertar el slim loader 3, siempre me reconoze hardware nuevo, sin embargo, no se instala automaticamente, aun asi ya le halla instalado los drivers anteriormente. Asi que por cada vez que requiero utilizar el slim loader 3, tengo que reinstalarle los drivers de manera manual especificando la ruta y el archivo desde la carpeta y de esta manera instalarlos, de otra forma cuando le doy buscar automaticamente, se tarde mucho tiempo y por si fuera poco despues de esa larga espera, marca que no encontro hardware compatible.
Tengo bastante tiempo utilizando esto y batallando con esto de los drivers, cualquier otra duda, te puedo ayudar...

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »
Yes, that solved my problem.
Awesome, thanks for sharing your findings with us.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline kansado

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 12:33:27 AM »
I expected I would earn some money with this...

...just joking.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 03:51:06 AM »
 ::sm-05::
Its always gotta be about money, hey?
 ::sm-06.gif::

Offline blackandblue

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
I know this is older than hell, but thank you so much for posting this. 
 ???
It took me 3 hours to get the driver to load, and the only way it would work is by following your .inf edit.  Just bumping for anyone else that have problems with Windows not auto installing the drivers.

Offline thesteve

• NEO newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
solved mine as well
why hasnt this been corrected in the downloads

Offline Tiphani

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:11:08 AM »
Uh oh. Why did this have to happen now? housse Samsung Galaxy Star 2 etui silicone Galaxy Star 2

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:57:49 AM by Tiphani »