Author Topic: Want some professional NEO MD flash cart tester ...  (Read 38878 times)

Offline geezup

• No-intro Screenshot Archive
Re: Want some professional NEO MD flash cart tester ...
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
lucky you!

i forgot the tax number when i PMed Dr. neo, and my cart wasn't shipped :(

Hope it will be shipped soon. Dr. neo! please... :) Can't wait to test it !
No-intro Screenshot Archive
http://no-intro.dlgsoftware.net

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
Hey Conle! Can you do me a favor? can you test out Tecmo Super Bowl 1 and 2 and 3, for some reason it makes a high pitch noise when i load it up and then locks up i try both .BIN and .SMD format on the Myth card, there's other games that won't load on the Myth i try like 150 games so far  30 % of them won't load right.

Sure , after the standard format is finished(its at 60%) , that is , i will burn them and report back...

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »
Mine also arrived today :)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »
Hey Conle! Can you do me a favor? can you test out Tecmo Super Bowl 1 and 2 and 3, for some reason it makes a high pitch noise when i load it up and then locks up i try both .BIN and .SMD format on the Myth card, there's other games that won't load on the Myth i try like 150 games so far  30 % of them won't load right.

Ok , here's my results :

TSB 2 : Locks at a black screen when starting a new game , and a sound keep looping
TSB 3 : Menu shows a message about downloading PSAR, and when i press "C" , the screen blurs a bit. This might happen because i didn't set psar in NEO MYTH 3in1 programmer( will verify this soon ).
TSB 1 (SEP '93) : Working great , and i believe that the other 2 might be hacked scene releases to be compatible with emulators( its a possibility!).

I have attached a screenshot with my game list to see the release region code etc;

-Edited-
Dr.Neo , maybe we should open a compatibility thread for all testers ?
That will help the further development of NEO MYTH MD MENU , and the NEO MYTH 3in1 programmer .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:01:41 PM by Conle »

Offline EmteCoke

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
Ok , here's my results :

TSB 2 : Locks at a black screen when starting a new game , and a sound keep looping
TSB 3 : Menu shows a message about downloading PSAR, and when i press "C" , the screen blurs a bit. This might happen because i didn't set psar in NEO MYTH 3in1 programmer( will verify this soon ).
TSB 1 (SEP '93) : Working great , and i believe that the other 2 might be hacked scene releases to be compatible with emulators( its a possibility!).

I have attached a screenshot with my game list to see the release region code etc;

-Edited-
Dr.Neo , maybe we should open a compatibility thread for all testers ?
That will help the further development of NEO MYTH MD MENU , and the NEO MYTH 3in1 programmer .
Yeah that's what i was getting too, there's also problem with the 32x play back too, i have issue with games just lock up beside that it's good even tho my double pro fighter plays these games with no problems except for 32x games which the Double Pro Fighter can't not play back.

BTW here's my MD MYTH i had to install a new reset or start switch in order for it to run on my 2 JVC X'Eye and Wondermega 2 systems
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:23:34 PM by EmteCoke »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2009, 09:20:06 PM »
Yeah that's what i was getting too, there's also problem with the 32x play back too, i have issue with games just lock up beside that it's good even tho my double pro fighter plays these games with no problems except for 32x games which the Double Pro Fighter can't not play back.

BTW here's my MD MYTH i had to install a new reset or start switch in order for it to run on my 2 JVC X'Eye and Wondermega 2 systems

I dunno , my MD II , doesn't seem to need the start button on the FC.
When i press it , it reloads the currently flashed game.

By the way , how can i return back to the menu without turning off my MD?...Maybe there is a button combo???

Overall , this cart seems to have a great future , especially when the software can be upgraded by myth 3in1 programmer!!!

Offline Nintendud

« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »
Have you guys been using No-Intro games to test? No-Intro ROMs are unmodified.

Offline EmteCoke

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »
Have you guys been using No-Intro games to test? No-Intro ROMs are unmodified.
Yes! i been using games that i dumped myself with my Super Magic Drive and Double Pro Fighter there clean dumps, i also redumped those Tecmo games and now they work with no problem the ones i had on my pc were bad dumps.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:59:25 PM by EmteCoke »

Offline EmteCoke

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
I dunno , my MD II , doesn't seem to need the start button on the FC.
When i press it , it reloads the currently flashed game.

By the way , how can i return back to the menu without turning off my MD?...Maybe there is a button combo???

Overall , this cart seems to have a great future , especially when the software can be upgraded by myth 3in1 programmer!!!
Hmm looks like it's only the JVC X'Eye and JVC Wondermega 2 that need that switch in order for it to run.

Offline Nintendud

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
Awesome. Also, if anybody has a 32X, let me know how unmodified ROMs work with the cart [especially Knuckles Chaotix]. My cart should be arriving in the mail in a few days, but I'm eagerly anticipating it.

Offline EmteCoke

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2009, 12:40:32 AM »
Awesome. Also, if anybody has a 32X, let me know how unmodified ROMs work with the cart [especially Knuckles Chaotix]. My cart should be arriving in the mail in a few days, but I'm eagerly anticipating it.
32x roms need to be in SMD format in oder for the MD Myth to load it right if you convert the 32x rom to bin Md Myth thinks its genesis or megadrive game
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:46:17 AM by EmteCoke »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2009, 01:23:09 AM »
It seems like when you have a 32X attached to the Megadrive you can only load 32X ROMS. In order to load SMS and Megadrive ROMS I have to remove the 32X and plug the MD Myth directly into the Megadrive cart slot.

Offline EmteCoke

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2009, 01:36:18 AM »
It seems like when you have a 32X attached to the Megadrive you can only load 32X ROMS. In order to load SMS and Megadrive ROMS I have to remove the 32X and plug the MD Myth directly into the Megadrive cart slot.
I hope they fix all these issues with the next update i don't want to feel like a spent $150 dollars for nothing.

Offline RGB_Gamer

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2009, 02:52:51 AM »
I am a beta tester, but haven't received mine yet. I noticed that the DHL tracking info on the link here was removed:

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5743.0.html

Looking forward to testing, as I have all my hardware ready!