Author Topic: The first photo release for NEO MD 3in1 flash cart  (Read 49036 times)

Offline GogetaSSJ4BR

• BraSileiro
Re: The first photo release for NEO MD 3in1 flash cart
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 04:43:30 AM »
great job, it looks good indeed! and it sounds like ur making the menu easy enough for game selecting and saving/loading. =`]

I was expecting the MD adapter (like the n64 and snes) to be cheap, after all, that's why we are supposed to use a neo2 and make every module cheape for not having any memory in it. =`\
...* .Gogeta§§J4BR. *...
...* Roberto Civille Rodrigues - 06/11/87 *...
...* Vila Matilde - São Paulo - SP - Brasil *...
...* roberto.cr@gmail.com - ICQ:136146274 *...

Offline jalaneme

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 06:46:17 AM »
why would i buy this to use in a megadrive when i mainly need it for DS? hmmmm nah i think i will pass until i get something that's worthy. you can play megadrive roms on a gba cart anyway....

Offline timofonic

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 07:14:17 AM »
why would i buy this to use in a megadrive when i mainly need it for DS? hmmmm nah i think i will pass until i get something that's worthy. you can play megadrive roms on a gba cart anyway....

You can use the cart for both things and saving money on the retro ones, I think (Dr.Neo must confirm this) ;)

Offline Yakumo_

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 05:30:58 PM »
This is looking very nice indeed.  I can't wait to try it out !

Yakumo

Offline murdiaries

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »

the neo2 flash cart can use on MD/SENS/N64/GBA/SP/GBM/NDS/NDS-lite,not for MD only.

about the price,we will send the MD cart separate,don't sell with NEO2 together,so user can choose to buy NEO2-lite/NEO2-SD or NEO2-TF. and it can make MD cart selling under $100 :)
[/quote]

Of course, MD Backup unit is 100$ but alone is useless. It's like to buy a car without engine.

So, if we want to let it work is 100$ or more. That brings a total of 200$+ without the possibility of expanding memory. To me, and most of us that  want just a MD Backup unit, that's not quite fair.

Why not having a simple SD-card megadrive unit? It would cost less to you and us. And I would immediately place the order because I already have 4 persons waiting to order this unit for months.

Offline Payk

• NDSDEV.DE
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 06:54:27 PM »
Hahahah the x360 box behind the genesis looks funny...or vice versa...the genesis on front of that box looks funny...

BUT NEO....you and your team...you have revolutionary ideas...
i have to give that feed bag...geniuses...heheh
well done...maybe a genesis homebrewscene will appear soon...
good luck with your product..

Offline cd_vision

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused. So the way this works is I need to have a Neo2 ram cartridge, then this shell right? 

When I want to play games on my SNES I'll just use the same neo2 cart but a different shell when that becomes available?

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 10:23:14 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused. So the way this works is I need to have a Neo2 ram cartridge, then this shell right? 

When I want to play games on my SNES I'll just use the same neo2 cart but a different shell when that becomes available?

Yeah, that's that Dr. Neo has indicated....

BruceG

Offline DaFixer

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 10:37:03 PM »
Very cool piece of hardware   ;)
and the case i'm lovin it  :-*

and about the Sega backup card emulation?

Offline HOTM

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 03:50:16 AM »
Stop saying the Neo2 can be used on SNES/MD/N64. You need an extra adapter....It cant be played on it streight from the box.

Also, if neoflash REALLY cared about their customers, they would have just added an SD slot and not made us buy a Neo2 instead.  Would have been cheaper and better for everyone. But no  :'(.

Offline DjoeN

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 04:06:50 AM »
if neoflash REALLY cared about their customers, they would have just added an SD slot and not made us buy a Neo2 instead.  Would have been cheaper and better for everyone. But no  :'(.

Hé, The do care :D  and nobody else did (except tototek) did a try for a MD/snes/n64/whatever kit, so the are the developers, so the are free to choose what the will use.

Ok SD/CF would have been cheaper for us, but if i had to run a bussines, i would try to make as much as proffit as i could be, so why not use a product that you already have in production.

I'm not a huge neoflash team fan, there are cheaper and better DS solutions, but i do support there development for old retro flashkits, and yes i will buy them (i do have the tototek's flashkits, but hé, there not USB only lpt)

If a company should listen to ALL what there costumers say, shouldn't bill gates give windows vista for free then ;), or matbe we can ask for free chips and cola when we give a party, if the don't there a bad company that don't deserve our money, but in the end we do buy chips (lays) and cola (Coca~Cola) cause we love it (but we don't agree with there profit making policy)

In the end what matters is, you get a product to play your old stuff on a real machine, The product itself and how it performs, that's all what matters in the end, if it does what it says, ppl will buy it and will be happy!

(note: can you guys hurry up with the Snes and N64 flashkit? I'm more a nintendo fanboy (yeah i also love sega, but second place)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 04:10:25 AM by DjoeN »
Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 04:59:03 AM »
Stop saying the Neo2 can be used on SNES/MD/N64. You need an extra adapter....It cant be played on it streight from the box.

Also, if neoflash REALLY cared about their customers, they would have just added an SD slot and not made us buy a Neo2 instead.  Would have been cheaper and better for everyone. But no  :'(.

Are you talking to me?  Obviously you need an adapter for each system (that's how I interpreted his "shell" question), and that's what Dr. Neo has said as well...

BruceG
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:50:31 AM by bruceg »

Offline HOTM

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 06:06:13 AM »
if neoflash REALLY cared about their customers, they would have just added an SD slot and not made us buy a Neo2 instead.  Would have been cheaper and better for everyone. But no  :'(.

I'm not a huge neoflash team fan, there are cheaper and better DS solutions, but i do support there development for old retro flashkits, and yes i will buy them (i do have the tototek's flashkits, but hé, there not USB only lpt)

I agree. I hope M3 and supercard come out with their own too.

My only worry is that it wont work like we all want too. Neo has like 5 projects going on. They should concentrate on one, then move to the next. But now they have to worry about the MK4, Neo2, Sega MD, SNES, and N64. Im hoping it wont end up with compatability of the MK3.

But the Neo2 thing is a gimmick. Nothing innovative.

Offline GogetaSSJ4BR

• BraSileiro
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
its not that neoflash is trying to make more money by forcing you to buy a neo2. by making you use ONE neo2, it saves the money you spend into getting NOR memory in each of the flashcards separetely. 8)
but if the myth adapters read directly from SD (without any use of fast nor flash memory from the neo2), it's greed indeed  :'(
...* .Gogeta§§J4BR. *...
...* Roberto Civille Rodrigues - 06/11/87 *...
...* Vila Matilde - São Paulo - SP - Brasil *...
...* roberto.cr@gmail.com - ICQ:136146274 *...

Offline Jagasian

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 04:37:08 AM »
Can a 4GByte SD flash card be used with the NEO2-SD and the NEO MD cart, or is the NEO MD cart limited to 1Gb of games?