Author Topic: TrigWars - My Entry  (Read 21962 times)

Offline dj2005

Re: My Entry
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 01:55:09 PM »
Yeah I agree with number 1 holding the left shoulder button does get kind of tiring but with number 2 you could only shoot out at 4 directions the way it currently is seems easier..I also agree with number 3 and 4..could you consider adding those snake things from geometry wars if you havent already..(i dont really know may not have gottentfar enough...) and I think floating power ups make it too easy..I like the power up method that was in geomtry wars..you get a weapon boost every 10,000 points
Well with using buttons to aim is that you can hold two at a time and shoot diagonally. It actually works very well.
On #5 I meant that after you get a certain amount of points (such as 10k, then 25k, then 50k, and so on) that a upgrade would pop up and float around the area. If you don't pick it up in a certain amount of time it gets destroyed. But this isn't even needed and could be hard to implement into the game.
I got most (if not all) of my ideas from Grid Wars and Vector Infector.

Offline 71M

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »
Ok, here's my final update for this competition...

• Added music from Rebb (very nice!)
  • Updated some sound effects.
  • Fixed sound bug.
  • Added experimental control schemes, press SELECT to cycle.
  • Tweaked the gammon correction to make things brighter.
  • Added subtle trail effect.
Good luck to everyone else that's entering!  ::sm-29.gif::

Cheers,
71M

Offline QuickJump

• Quick Journal / Quick Jump
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »
Ok, here's my final update for this competition...

• Added music from Rebb (very nice!)
  • Updated some sound effects.
  • Fixed sound bug.
  • Added experimental control schemes, press SELECT to cycle.
  • Tweaked the gammon correction to make things brighter.
  • Added subtle trail effect.
Good luck to everyone else that's entering!  ::sm-29.gif::

Cheers,
71M

Good luck in the competition, and I'm looking forward to trying this release, I'll post my results :)

EDIT - I like the original control scheme better than the experimental. However, we could never really determine how it would work out until we tried. The problem with the analog firing is that you have to use the face buttons to move, and they can not maneuver diagonally - hence a slight problem.

Overal, the new sound I think I'm enjoying all the other adittions to this version :)

Wth the two control schemes and select chaning them - it's easy to move into position, switch and shoot if need be, a very nice concept that will take some training for me to master :p
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 08:16:02 AM by QuickJump »
QJ Network (QJ.net) - All homebrew releases + gaming industry news - Updated 24/7!

Offline dj2005

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 08:31:10 AM »
Nice work! The brightness is great and music is good. I like the Analog movement control scheme except it seems if you shoot up it shoots extremely fast. Great update 71M, hope you keep this going even after the competition is over. Goodluck winning!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 08:43:28 AM by dj2005 »

Offline 71M

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:45 AM »
Thanks for the feedback dj2005.
If you select control method 'Analog thrust' then firing is controlled by the face buttons, admittedly I haven't put diagonals in, but it was a quick experiment.

Cheers,
71M

Offline dj2005

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 08:56:22 AM »
Just found a cool little thing. I took a Grid Wars music theme (has an .it extension) and renamed it to trigwars_main.mod after I put it in the trig wars folder. Now it plays grid wars music :)

Couple Requests:
1. Slow down the green guys please (their dodging speed).
2. Optimize the game if possible, seems those worm holes lag the hell out of the PSP, even at 333mhz 2 of them + bullets (seems to be a factor also) get pretty laggy.
3. Enemy explosions seems to be a bit weak (can't even hear them with the game's music playing). Does the bomb even have an explosion sound?
4. The thruster makes this game much harder than I think it should be but it seems you want to stick with it and I'm sure you know what's best. But if you were to add those worm type enemies then I don't see how people are expected to do quick dodges with the slow acceleration/slide.
5. That's pretty much all other than the usual, more monsters/upgrades blah blah
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 01:16:28 PM by dj2005 »

Offline sonicmoose

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »
PLEASE. For the love of GOD, just let us have the option to turn all sound effects and all music off. Or at least give us .MODs that will allow the program to boot but will ditch the music.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the music is cool, but it it's so cool to have my own custom soundtrack with IRShell.

Thanks.

Offline joelh

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 09:59:26 PM »
You should add a weapons upgrade or bonus feature, like in the real geomtry warz evovled ofr the grid wars clone, it would be very cool!

Offline ArchAngel214

• Hacking-Evolutions
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 10:39:17 PM »
Couple Requests:
1. Slow down the green guys please (their dodging speed).
2. Optimize the game if possible, seems those worm holes lag the hell out of the PSP, even at 333mhz 2 of them + bullets (seems to be a factor also) get pretty laggy.
3. Enemy explosions seems to be a bit weak (can't even hear them with the game's music playing). Does the bomb even have an explosion sound?
4. The thruster makes this game much harder than I think it should be but it seems you want to stick with it and I'm sure you know what's best. But if you were to add those worm type enemies then I don't see how people are expected to do quick dodges with the slow acceleration/slide.
5. That's pretty much all other than the usual, more monsters/upgrades blah blah

don't get me wrong the game is great as it is but I have to agree with just about everything dj2005 said..but what hew said on number 4 the acceleration should stay but you should be able to move without it too and just keep it as an extra option.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:40:56 PM by ArchAngel214 »

Offline dj2005

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 02:13:38 AM »
You should add a weapons upgrade or bonus feature, like in the real geomtry warz evovled ofr the grid wars clone, it would be very cool!
You get a cannon upgrade at 200,000 points. Not sure about above that. And thank you ArchAngel214 for agreeing with me. :) An option that let's you turn of the thruster would be great.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 07:28:38 AM by dj2005 »

Offline Koba

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 12:48:12 PM »
Yo, just want to say 71M, you never cease to amaze me! This is by far my favorite PSP homebrew game, so addicting! I wish good luck to you on this, so far you have my vote  ::sm-29.gif::

Oh by the way, someone by the name of "easymonkey" has claimed your game, AND your website as his own project on maxconsole.net. I don't know if easymonkey is you or not. I see your host is easy-monkey (for the site) so is this you, or just some guy out for free credit?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 12:50:40 PM by Koba »

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 04:49:55 AM »
GOGOGO 71M! TiTAN for life!
Too bad you wasn't there at EVOKE to see Lick It on the big screen :)

Offline 71M

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2006, 04:57:54 AM »
Ok, so I lied about that being my last update!
So here's the final final update, I promise!

• Fixed diagonals on buttons.
  • Small optimisations.

Cheers,
71M

p.s. Thanks for the support LiraNuna :D

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 08:06:57 PM »
thanks for another release :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline ArchAngel214

• Hacking-Evolutions
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 12:17:55 AM »
Nice job 71M keep up the good work ;)