Author Topic: My Submission: CSpsp (2D)  (Read 6662 times)

Offline nataku92

My Submission: CSpsp (2D)
« on: August 18, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »
From beginning of readme:

|  CS PSP
|  version 0.5
|  by Kevin Chen

-INTRO-

This is a VERY early version of a top down shooter based on ValveĀ©'s Counter-Strike. Basically you are a counter-terrorist and you run around the map shooting the terrorists. Once all the players on either team dies, a new round will start.

-FEATURES-

Renders an infinitely large tilemap (as long as the size of the map file and textures doesn't exceed the psp's memory >_>).

Accurate collision detection between the player and walls (the player is represented as a circle and the walls as line segments). Note that this collision detection system is NOT tile-based and can model any polygon (including circles if you use enough line segments :D). The map that I made is squarish only because I can't make maps >_>.

Shooting system plus recoil with different types of guns (though I've only made the configs for the m4a1 and ak47).

Collision detection between players? (not completed yet T_T; players can get stuck on each other).

Basic team gameplay finished (sorta..).

I'll be out of town for about a week or so, so I won't be able to reply to any comments or suggestions. I hope you enjoy my game, and any contructive critisism is welcome :D   
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:15:10 PM by nataku92 »

Offline Soulkiller

• Up to the minute tech news
Re: My Submission: CSpsp (2D)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 02:44:11 AM »
Let me be the first to say I love it man. Very fun and addicting even though theirs only one map (although it apears that there are two on file?) and the AI is.... well lets just say I wouldn't have them protect me ;) . But I do understand that the core of the AI is good, you just have to create some kind of motion planning around walls, or maybe do it like the real counter strike with waypoints, and then they come in proximity of the guy, thats when you orginal code takes over for fighting. I can see this will be fun. I was also curious if you could release the source code (don't worry I'm not going to steal your game  :P ) I simply want to learn from it, I'm also intersted on how you did your collision, it sounds good!

Cheers!
GOOGLE IS YOU FREIND, USE IT

Offline cTrL

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:04:34 AM »
Exelente work!  I adored the game and I wait that you launch new versions with one higscrore window, infrastructure mode :D , bomb gameplay, weapon buy, sounds of weapons and obviously more maps and more than big! Mayby that the fever of CS PC online goes to pass to psp? xD

Offline hatebreeder

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »
it's good so far addicting all it needs is better ai, cs based modes, buy weapons and online/adhoc(PLEASE) play and this game will rock

Offline kyoshiro

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 02:28:52 AM »
Yeah,
keep it up this good work.If you can place sounds,cs based mod and it will be one of the best homebrews for the PSP.