PAlib
« on: August 19, 2006, 04:40:36 AM »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 01:11:41 AM by cory1492 »

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Re: PAlib
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:47:28 AM »
I don't quite understand the point of this post....
Mollusk did excellent work, and this logo is almost insulting what he did...  ::sm-16.gif::

Offline ETk

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 06:09:14 AM »
we all know you are a super 1337 coder, so s***! you are annoying  ::sm-16.gif:: ::sm-16.gif::

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 06:56:34 AM »
i'm not 1337 coder

i suck!

Offline retrohead

• DS-Scene
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 07:02:39 AM »
Can't you just leave the DS scene in peace rather than post **** like this everywhere. Or are you saying you love libnds so much you are actually coding for the DS again. Otherwise you input is completely pointless and not welcome by the looks of it doood  ???

Offline dustin

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 07:33:19 AM »
*note this is quoted from another thread as I did not want to mess up that authors game thread
OH NOES, MORE PALIB ****NESS DONE IN 30 MINUTE TO ATTEMPT TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE WITHOUT ANY EFFORT!!1!!

I don't really understand this argument.  If writing a certain game in libnds takes 2 hours and writing the same thing in PAlib takes 30 minutes then it makes sense to use PAlib (unless of course you dislike using someone else’s code).  The point of coding (in my mind) is to make games that are fun, if I'm playing something and it's enjoyable the knowledge that it was written in PAlib doesn't subtract from that. I understand that if you wanted a game that tried to milk the DS for every bit of power it had you would want to use Libnds but homebrew games usually don't have such high aspirations.

Offline saulotmalo

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:11:59 AM »
using a library is good, the problem is if the cuality of the library isn't good enougth. I haven't code for nds but coding in psp is very hard, it olnly have opengl and... this makes the things bad. i whish we had some more libraries for our game systems in order every one can make is own game and share it together.

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 10:20:58 AM »
Well, for PSP, there's OSlib... :)

Offline kiwibonga

• Iamsowonderful
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 03:10:44 PM »
Throw the jew down the well  ;D

Offline Fligeo

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 03:37:24 PM »
We now see the real LiraLuna ...
A small stupid guy with a small stupid brain.
I hope Dr Neo will know what to do about such member of his forum ....

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 01:29:34 AM »
Fligeo: Dr.neo left it up to me to decide what to do about it.

If LiraNuna wishes to explain why I am having to go through and delete spam posts meant to make contest entrants feel bad for having bothered to try and share some of their time (and usually a work they take pride in) with the general public, well, we're willing to listen - 'till then priveledges are restricted. (the way I see it, it is simple: the judges will decide who wins, regarless of whether PALib was used or not)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LiraNuna:
I thought much more highly of you for somewhat quitely making a decent game and entering it in the last compo, and also later sharing your nice tidy source as it is a great example of organized code, especially for those that are learning using libs that handle most of the low level stuff.

As far as I know at this point you are not a judge for this compo, nor could you be an honest judge of how long it has taken some of these people to make code even using PALib - not everyone who wishes to share something worthwhile will use your coding methods (regardless of what you think of them for doing so) and I have nothing but praise for those that take the time to at least try.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 01:48:50 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 12:45:39 AM »
I have just saw it, My account must've hacked, Sorry for all the trouble caused...
I will neve spam, I hate spam too. I'll change my password immidiatly.

And again, sorry.

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 12:55:38 AM »
Looks like you have restricted my account, and I can only post here. This means I cannot change my password too to prevent this in the future...

(I can't even edit the above message, so sorry for double posting)

Offline d-loader

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 01:53:20 AM »
I thought liranuna was quitting the DS scene?  ::sm-04::

Anyway. I don't think its fair to judge a program on a bloody libary o.O; Its like those people saying "OMG you coded in VB(.net), ur a newbzer" .. IMO a program is a program, despite of how its made.. I enjoy the program I get, and I couldn't care less about how it was made really.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 01:58:18 AM »
LiraNuna: I find it tough to beleive that someone "hacked" your account, especially since you are the only one who has logged into this board using a 80.230.*.* IP in the last year (or I would have simply notified you of the activity wrather than restricting the account). You can still PM and post in topics you created - one step above banned, giving you the opportunity to explain if you feel like doing so.

Not to mention:
liranuna.drunkencoders.com/Files/antipalib9qi.png
placed multiple times in a single post is what was (for lack of a better word) "spammed" as off topic, no content posts into entrants threads.

Spam:
-To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages...

d-loader: I'd guess quitting a scene means to quit being productive in the area wrather than actually leaving it behind.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:01:42 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)