Author Topic: [Entry] Sandbox by PSMonkey  (Read 29147 times)

Offline psmonkey

Re: [Entry] Sandbox by PSMonkey
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 03:03:22 AM »
Can someone tell me where the game is?
Is there an extra download or something I'm missing?
It seems people are voting for it, so there must be a game there somewhere!?! ::sm-04::

Cheers,
71M

There is a download link at the top. Its 20mb large. Just copy the psp & art folder to the root of your memory stick. I was going to have the art in the app folder but for some reason it started crashing the nite before submission when it loaded the audio files (it was odd). so I left it in art for the time being.

You can change game modes & themes by pressing left or right in the main menu.

Offline psmonkey

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 03:05:19 AM »
I'm just gonna make a quick request list here, because I'm not registered on DCemu.

- return to menu
- Flesh out modes
As it is now, the game a is merely a themeable tech demo for the most part. Which is cool, but there should be more. For instance, perhaps let us place the blocks we want to destroy in Demolition? And add more ways to destroy than with the TNT block. Also, Space battle. add a health bar. make it a goal to destroy then enemy.

That's it for now. Love the game though :D .

Not quite sure I follow on Demolision mode.

I agree on space since that was the plan but now i am thinking to drop it because I see very little can be done with it (other then maybe putting obsticles in the way.

Meh, keep space. Even if it's small this is basically a minigames collection, right? Maybe change the camera so both ships/whatever can be seen and do two player 1 psp?

With Demolition right now, you have that stack of blocks with the TNT under them. You can move the TNT around, and then explode it to affect the pile of blocks. I'm suggesting instead of just moving the TNT, let us move and place the blocks we destroy. We could build whole structures, then explode them, instead of the same old tower over and over. I also suggested destructed methods other than TNT. Think different types of guns, a tank, etc.

Also, any way to release a quick return to menu fix? I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and would love to have a fixed version before I go. :)

I see what you mean now. Actualy you could do that in sandbox mode (just there is no score). I'm thinking ot do an editor mode in the near future so you can build stuff with it then select a mode to save it to (sandbox/destruction/golf/bowling). As for tanks, thats a posibility.

What time you leave? I'll see what I can put together tonight.

Offline 71M

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 03:22:09 AM »
Ok, I've downloaded Sandbox_v1.0.rar, is that the latest version?
All I seem to be able to do is place blocks down in sandbox mode, blow the same stack of blocks up in demolition mode, throw blocks at a spaceship aimlessly in battle and fire a block at some skittles in bowling (which don't hit!). Is there supposed to be more or is that it?

Cheers,
71M

Offline psmonkey

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 03:55:17 AM »
Ok, I've downloaded Sandbox_v1.0.rar, is that the latest version?
All I seem to be able to do is place blocks down in sandbox mode, blow the same stack of blocks up in demolition mode, throw blocks at a spaceship aimlessly in battle and fire a block at some skittles in bowling (which don't hit!). Is there supposed to be more or is that it?

Cheers,
71M

Thats about it at the moment. It's just a collection of physics based mini games. The whole thing is controlled by themes (which use an ini file to setup things). Eventualy i'll get more complex games like mini golf in it and people will be able to say make new cources for it as well as play what others have made.

Offline Whiplord

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 04:03:16 AM »
I leave about 9:00 CST tomorrow.

Offline 71M

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 04:23:56 AM »
Thats about it at the moment. It's just a collection of physics based mini games. The whole thing is controlled by themes (which use an ini file to setup things). Eventualy i'll get more complex games like mini golf in it and people will be able to say make new cources for it as well as play what others have made.

Ah cool, I thought it was me not playing the right thing! :D
Look forward to new releases of this game, looks promising...

Cheers,
71M

Offline psmonkey

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 05:44:56 AM »
Whiplord,
I'll see what I can do. Sorry if you get on before you leave and nothing is up. :(

Ah cool, I thought it was me not playing the right thing! :D
Look forward to new releases of this game, looks promising...

Cheers,
71M

:P cool. I though you were pist off at me. :) Hope you like the next version. I also will make it open source if anybody wishes to code in mini games also.

Offline $n!pR

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 11:21:38 PM »
Oh yeah, and whats with not being able to play music unless I've got a UMD in the drive, strange!?!
I don't own a UMD so I don't know if I'm missing out on some great tunes!  :-\
Whats strange is you dont own a single umd for PSP  ::)

Offline 71M

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 01:26:58 AM »
Heh - yeah, I guess it is!
I bought my PSP just for development purposes and not for playing games.

Cheers,
71M

Offline StoneCut

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »
Hhmm, can you reupload this ? Sendspace is unavailable for some reason and YouSendIt tells me "Error. The link you have clicked is not available."

:(

Offline $n!pR

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
Heres a link

Offline StoneCut

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 09:15:13 PM »
Thank you !