Author Topic: Quak  (Read 7590 times)

Offline xigency

Quak
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:59:13 PM »
Quak Arena - Demo
By XiGency (Greg Tourville)

This is a demo of an FPS I've been working on, titled "Quak Arena." Originally, I planned it as multiplayer only, and I was working on it up untill today, but due to unexpected problems, the multiplayer wasn't working, so i threw togethor this demo. It uses 3D, has realistic bobbing and shotgun recoil, and has some simplistic (And entirely original) physics. Its not quite what I wanted it to be, but expect an update soon.

Special Thanks to:
rodenthunter56x, AnonymousTipster, Slasher, ranmax09, and all my other testers, and especially my family, for letting programming be my priority for 2 weeks.

Controls:
Analog -                   Move + Turn
L & R -                      Strafe
Square + Analog -    Look
Cross -                     Shoot

Update: Did a little bit of work to turn it into a game, here is the final version.
Update: Added Scope, Added Intro, Added HUD, Fixed Shooting, Bullets Now Affect Crates too, Added a Kill Counter
Update: Added more sound effects
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 09:48:38 AM by xigency »

Offline blind

Re: Quak
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »
DUDE!

Just from that demo i cant wait to see the full version, With levels & with actual gunfire. This is truly by far going to be a success in the homebrew scene if setup properly, Lets hope you can make that happen.

But i must admit as i was going around killing them "ducks" i was getting dizzy, So my suggestion to you for your full version is to make shure there isnt to much of the same thing becouse it will start to become a pain on the eyes.

I dont wanna tell you how to make your game so i'll leave it at that and wish you the best of luck on the full version!

[bLiNd] - [bLiNdRaven.NET]

Offline crowba

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:01:27 PM »
Screenshot please ?!

Offline dtrinh

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:28:21 AM »
nice scope :)

Offline RomanCancel

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:18:45 AM »
Wow, I can't say that this gets too many points for orginality (I do like the title though).  It could still use a lot of work (i.e. a crosshair, fix crashes after you die, and just overall more details).  But this is one of the better looking homebrew games that I have seen with its physics, the bobbing gun, and just that it's generally fun.  You've got my vote, now make it better.

::sm-23.gif::

Offline Slasher

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 08:35:16 AM »
I've had alot of fun playing this game. This is impressive, and deffinitely deserves my vote. Can't wait to see more updates.

- Slasher