Author Topic: the POLL for NDS/GBA GAME division  (Read 33849 times)

Offline MrShlee

Re: the POLL for NDS/GBA GAME division
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 02:10:15 PM »
There were alot of good entries and I've been giving them all a good play.

but the end is MegaETK for the win - This is a complete game with many levels, boss, weapons and enemies..

Class effort :)

Offline alekmaul

• portabledev.com Webmaster
    • PortableDev
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 03:28:11 PM »
Don't forget the GBA entries please.
Lindsi Luna Blast is quit fine with levels, boss, weapons and quest to find how to complete the game.

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 03:56:39 PM »
Class effort :)
don't forget all the other games too..

everyone has did his best (who wouldn't to win a Wii  ::sm-06.gif::)
anyway.. as alekmaul allready says.. dont forget all other games  ::sm-29.gif::

Like my entry, Glider.... you think its easy to make 3D graphics? :)
(especially when BOTH of the screens are 3D!  ;) )

Offline d-loader

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »
omg, MegaETk has 43 votes already =O!

Offline retrohead

• DS-Scene
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »
Glider would have grabbed it if it was playable for more than 5 minutes then Lindsi Luni Blast but Mega ETK took my vote. Been a long time waiting ETK, good job.

I actually wonder how many of these games were made specifically for this competition as i have seen many of them before  ;)

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 07:02:23 PM »
omg, MegaETk has 43 votes already =O!
dont forget the judges =D

Offline Tassu

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »
I wonder how much MegaEtk's hype influenced the vote. Excellent game but still, this is kinda ridiculous  ::sm-19.gif::

Congrats!

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 07:40:27 PM »
I wonder how much MegaEtk's hype influenced the vote. Excellent game but still, this is kinda ridiculous  ::sm-19.gif::

Congrats!
I wonder who there people are   ::sm-13.gif:: ::sm-16.gif:: ::sm-06.gif::

Offline d-loader

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 09:38:25 PM »
See, thats why I always post -who- I voted for  ::sm-22.gif:: should prevent people from being acursed for cheating  :-\ ( at least if everyone did so )

Offline Tassu

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 09:45:05 PM »
Well, I don't think anyone cheated.

Offline webez

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 10:20:46 PM »
Well, i think that the only surprinsing thing is that a no game with no gameplay at all like glider is second in votes. And I say this with all  my respect at it's work because i know how much work every homebrew has. But the true fact is that right now right here that is just a technical demo where you can't do anything funny. It's not a game that you will play a second time or that will remain in your flash (apart from showing your friends what someone has done in 3D). I am not saying that it won't become a great game or that it doesn't have a lot of possibilites but at the moment it doesn't have nothing but graphics (and just because we don't see 3D everyday). Payk has a much more stunning engine with more things to do and he retired because it didn't have any gameplay. In fact a lot of people has a lot of 3D tech demos with more gameplay than that

And i repeat that i like the idea, the work and what it can become but not what it is. So i don't see why someone can be surprised by the fact that a game like megaetk that has good graphics, good gameplay, many levels and many details and takes some time to finish gets all the votes and is not surprised that a lot of other good homebrew with quite good gameplay (arcomage, tettaDS, slide and run or fp-project for naming some of them) has less votes than a no game.

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 10:42:51 PM »
I voted for Gioioso - still my favorite in the compo... ;D
...but  I should have voted for my own game - just to get me on the board! :'(  I don't get much feedback - good or bad?!  I hope I get feedback from the judges - not just a 0 :P

Offline Tassu

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 10:53:09 PM »
I voted for Gioioso - still my favorite in the compo... ;D
...but  I should have voted for my own game - just to get me on the board! :'(  I don't get much feedback - good or bad?!  I hope I get feedback from the judges - not just a 0 :P

Thanks for your vote :D

I really like your game too. Why youre not getting much feedback is problably because the idea of another air hockey game is not so interestin. But I think your game is very well made. The AI is good, the opponents are darn cute and the different gaming modes are fun.

I also like what you've done with the splash :)

Offline Vinnepin

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 11:05:02 PM »
I just wanted to clear my heart out now, because it is bugging me since yesterday. Yesterday i looked at this board and i saw that the voting had begun. My girlfriend was also inside my room and i was watching some TV (my girlfriend knows her way around computers pretty wel), as she was behind my PC and saw this topic about voting for the games. Wel then she did something nasty, what im not proud of, and voted for my game. She's like, "He i voted for your game :D", and i was like "Your joking right?? damn u!".

I hope Dr. Neo (or any moderator) can withdraw my voting, if it is possible, so i can vote on other game.

Anyway, i wont vote on ETk, because i have seen just to many megaman games already.. (sorry). Also the glider, as said i find it only a tech demo nothing else, if u want to do 3d just do it on a pc :P, i have done that 2 and its fun. The one i wanted to vote on was from Shadowman, the sudoku game. Its because im addicted to that game lol, he has some beatifull graphics and it plays good.

P.s: Ahh tis feels better now, i hope this wont get anyone angry at me. And i hope i can vote the correct game :)

Offline ETk

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 12:08:26 AM »
Anyway, i wont vote on ETk, because i have seen just to many megaman games already.. (sorry).

you dont need to say sorry, just vote your favourite game  ::sm-29.gif::