Author Topic: the POLL for PSP GAME division  (Read 65389 times)

Offline $n!pR

Re: the POLL for PSP GAME division
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 03:20:18 AM »
I don't expect your vote, just your understanding that ripped sprites were my only options at this point to show the engine :)

I see  ;D

Offline psmonkey

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 03:26:27 AM »
As to my RPG engine using ripped sprites, please take a second to read the text and the "about" page to realize I gave credit to original artists and am only using ripped sprites to demonstrate my engine until I get a gfx guy on board :)

I don't expect your vote, just your understanding that ripped sprites were my only options at this point to show the engine :)

Not to put down authors who actualy have original artwork, but alot of entries here have some form of copyrighted art or art based on copyrighted characters. Hell I have a mario theme based on super mario bros that barrowed bg tiles.

We are all coders here, not artist. I'd be in a worse state if not for two friends helping out by building themes & picking out music.

Offline shazz

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 03:27:44 AM »
Yep R-gear used the original sprites of R-type (as a tribute it was the goal !) but all other artwork (intro, menu,...) was done by a graphist... (AlienPDX)

So yes, R-Gear is not original  (but features weapons and stuff from DingoFr's mind) and its "success" would be in the fact that people can say : THAT'S A COOL AS R-TYPE WAS :D

So if we can achieve this... We would be really happy :D
So originality = -10, fun = + 10 ? :D

Offline Gene

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 03:46:44 AM »
wow this poll is super close ::sm-29.gif::

Offline framerate

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 04:13:11 AM »
I didn't want to vote for myself, so I voted for R-Gear based on it's production value. The polish is something I hope to achieve when I finish my work.

Although ThrottleX and TrigWars are awesome! It was really a hard decision...

Offline Shady3089

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 04:17:37 AM »
so many good entries. real tough to pick.  ::sm-02::

Offline papayo

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 04:20:37 AM »
ow man  ::sm-02::

I just couldn't decide between throttle X, Sandbox and The Stroke of Link. In the end I chose The Stroke of Link, because it's just so addicting ::sm-29.gif::

Offline sg57

• ...you'll never know what it's like...
    • SG57's Projects
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 04:29:54 AM »
As to my RPG engine using ripped sprites, please take a second to read the text and the "about" page to realize I gave credit to original artists and am only using ripped sprites to demonstrate my engine until I get a gfx guy on board :)

Not to put down authors who actualy have original artwork, but alot of entries here have some form of copyrighted art or art based on copyrighted characters. Hell I have a mario theme based on super mario bros that barrowed bg tiles.

We are all coders here, not artist. I'd be in a worse state if not for two friends helping out by building themes & picking out music.
I just have small abstract images, scaled to there original size...  :)

Weirdly enough, I didnt find Trig Wars addicting this time around :(  Geometry wars was a little, but this new version has lost its 'filling' and now is all sticks and lines...  :(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 04:36:55 AM by sg57 »
...you'll never know what it's like...
...spending your whole life in a dream...

Offline xigency

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 04:41:58 AM »
Has anyone even tried mine?

Offline framerate

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 04:48:49 AM »
Can I vote again for Stroke of Link? The production is amazing and the game is really addicting! Well done man!

Offline SOOPERGOOMAN

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 04:57:33 AM »
I vote for Throttle X by AnonymousTipster!!! He has always made the interesting games that I like. This one especially apeals to me because I live in a 2d dominated werld. Thanks for bringing 3D to me!!!

Offline framerate

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 04:59:50 AM »
I vote for Throttle X by AnonymousTipster!!! He has always made the interesting games that I like. This one especially apeals to me because I live in a 2d dominated werld. Thanks for bringing 3D to me!!!

I agree with this... AnonymousTiper does some amazing work with 3-D on the PSP...

Offline drakonite

• Team Makeshift Design
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 05:10:05 AM »
Has anyone even tried mine?
Quak right?  IIRC that was one of the games that I had problems getting to work...

I downloaded a new copy and managed to get it to work this time...   I'm not a big fan of FPS (way too many out there anymore) but I like how you did the controls.

Offline AnonymousTipster

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 05:18:28 AM »
Thanks to everyone who's voted for me so far  :-*

There are now 3 new levels on the download service (just go to download on the main menu of throttleX).

Offline snpinu2

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 05:22:30 AM »
alot of tough decisions...   gonna have to pick the most addicitive, yet simple :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:31:54 AM by snpinu2 »