Author Topic: the POLL for PSP GAME division  (Read 64942 times)

Offline ninja9393

Re: the POLL for PSP GAME division
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 05:22:51 AM »
LUA wormz all the way

Offline Soulkiller

• Up to the minute tech news
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 05:32:24 AM »
I personally found myself enjoying CSpsp, tahts what I voted for becuase I didn't want to vote for myself, I don't think mines going to win (FRAG v0.04b) personally becasue theirs alot of good games here and I wasn't finsihed with mine yet, but I did put alot of effort into It so all I ask is for you guys to check it out :( , But best of wishes to the winner!
GOOGLE IS YOU FREIND, USE IT

Offline LMelior

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 05:38:53 AM »
Has anyone even tried mine?

I wonder about that myself.  Mine's been downloaded 11 times, and I can account for probably 6 of them (meaning 5 people I don't know may have tried mine).

::) Can't make them try it I guess.  I've tried a little over half the games so far, and I don't know why people are just voting right away without trying them all.  It's a foolish mistake in my opinion.

P.S.  Just got yours on my PSP.  The ducks...just...won't...stop.  Nice work so far. :)  One thing I didn't like was when I died I had to restart the PSP.

P.P.S. I still use your state switching and modular programming tutorial as a base for my games (check Zombie Escape's script.lua if you don't believe me).   :D

Offline Soulkiller

• Up to the minute tech news
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »
Has anyone even tried mine?

I wonder about that myself.  Mine's been downloaded 11 times, and I can account for probably 6 of them (meaning 5 people I don't know may have tried mine).

::) Can't make them try it I guess.  I've tried a little over half the games so far, and I don't know why people are just voting right away without trying them all.  It's a foolish mistake in my opinion.

P.S.  Just got yours on my PSP.  The ducks...just...won't...stop.  Nice work so far. :)  One thing I didn't like was when I died I had to restart the PSP.

P.P.S. I still use your state switching and modular programming tutorial as a base for my games (check Zombie Escape's script.lua if you don't believe me).   :D

hey atleast you got one vote.... I got none :(

BTW: you game reminds of that game called robots taht comes with ubuntu linux
GOOGLE IS YOU FREIND, USE IT

Offline LMelior

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 06:02:11 AM »

hey atleast you got one vote.... I got none :(

BTW: you game reminds of that game called robots taht comes with ubuntu linux

What?  I got a vote?!?  ;D ::sm-18.gif:: 
I suppose I'll be able to see the votes after I actually vote.  That may take a while though, with my trying EVERY game.
Anyway, yeah, that's what I modeled it after.  :)

Thanks for trying my game (I posted on psp-programming about yours).

Offline JmanUmmKay

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 07:06:17 AM »
Well PSmonkey you got my vote. Just curious what are the grand prizes of this compotation? I do think everyone did a great job and i hope the best entry wins.

Offline fire master

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 07:14:17 AM »
I don't know what to pick between Throttle X,Sandbox and R-Gear.  ::sm-04::
So I did a random pick and I got R-Gear so I choose R-Gear.But I the that the real winners here are all of us because we get to download and play all these cool games and everyone good luck. ::sm-29.gif::

Offline xigency

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 07:34:45 AM »
So when do the polls close?

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 08:21:57 AM »
The actual amount of downloads wont be correct, what you have to realise is that the big PSP/DS Sites have all posted news and mirrored these releases (took me a lot of time :)) so theres a lot more downloading and enjoying of the releases than just here. You have more fans of your releases than you know :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline $n!pR

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 11:20:39 AM »
So when do the polls close?
I think on the 30th or something.

Offline LMelior

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2006, 11:40:02 AM »
I would like to declare myself the first one to try every game!  :)  Probably, anyway.

After hours of debating with myself, I had to go with the game that I simply will play the most, which is Droplets...even though he already won something for it. :p

Even so, I would love to see updates of several games.  ThrottleX was great, can't wait for that to reach v1.  Trig Wars and R-Gear are really fun games, too.  These four were the last games I had to decide between.  Ceres, xGrid, and DYOX were close behind them, as they are great fun too.

Reactor would be great if the controls were a little more stable, and it would feel better if the reactor energy wouldn't refill every level.  FRAG had amazing character animations, can't wait to see everything else.   Meltdown was cool but as I mentioned in its thread it needs some gameplay balance.  Sandbox could be a great group of minigames with some polish, for example the bowling ball is not nearly heavy enough and the sandbox game was a bit buggy for me.  I love Lumines (it's the only PSP game I own), so Luminex was a fun clone, but it got a bit buggy after a while.  I'm not too much of a FPS guy but Quak could be good in future iterations.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head, but thanks to all of the developers, it's been great fun playing all of your games!

Oh yeah, I think my game is fun too. :)

Offline framerate

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »
I would like to declare myself the first one to try every game!  :)  Probably, anyway.

After hours of debating with myself, I had to go with the game that I simply will play the most, which is Droplets...even though he already won something for it. :p

Even so, I would love to see updates of several games.  ThrottleX was great, can't wait for that to reach v1.  Trig Wars and R-Gear are really fun games, too.  These four were the last games I had to decide between.  Ceres, xGrid, and DYOX were close behind them, as they are great fun too.

Reactor would be great if the controls were a little more stable, and it would feel better if the reactor energy wouldn't refill every level.  FRAG had amazing character animations, can't wait to see everything else.   Meltdown was cool but as I mentioned in its thread it needs some gameplay balance.  Sandbox could be a great group of minigames with some polish, for example the bowling ball is not nearly heavy enough and the sandbox game was a bit buggy for me.  I love Lumines (it's the only PSP game I own), so Luminex was a fun clone, but it got a bit buggy after a while.  I'm not too much of a FPS guy but Quak could be good in future iterations.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head, but thanks to all of the developers, it's been great fun playing all of your games!

Oh yeah, I think my game is fun too. :)

Dang, I was hoping for some criticism on my RPG engine ;)

Offline amidarion

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »
Just finished the list of games after a day of testing!  geeze Dr. neo, you sure can hold a contest!  my usb wire is probably shorted out or something...

but i love my atari as i grew up with it.  amidar was by far my favorite  ::sm-18.gif::  gotta go with sg57s on this one guyz...  mainly because it reminds me of my childhood back when amidar saved me from boring nights, always trying to beat my score and dodge the little piggies  ::sm-27.gif::

but good luck to everyone else!  

Offline [f]tari [a]reak

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »
i too am a fan of the atari classics!

im about half way done with the list from bottom up.  im gonna check out the features and screens of this amidar clone... if it can get me hooked for atleast 15 minutes, it has me then!  else r-gear is next for a test.

good luck all creators!  please keep these coming especially atari classics!

Offline petboy

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »
This poll is hard to decide, many of the games are very good.  I chose R-Gear mainly because I like shoot-em-up style games more.