Author Topic: Your comments please, Dr.Neo  (Read 8625 times)

Offline AnonymousTipster

Your comments please, Dr.Neo
« on: September 04, 2006, 02:43:49 AM »
I noticed while looking through the comments.rar results file, that Dr.Neo didn't comment on my PSP Game entry, ThrottleX.
I was wondering if you could comment on this, even if it was just a 'This game was really bad because....' I'd appreciate it, as I'd like to improve ThrottleX, and your opinion would be valuble to me.
Thanks for your input. :)

Offline AhMan

Re: Your comments please, Dr.Neo
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »
Dr. Neo, it would be nice if you can tell us the reason why ThrottleX was skipped in your evaluation.  There were 25 entries in PSP Game division and your comments only cover 24 of them.  As a developer, I think AnonymousTipster deserve the right to know. 

Offline Raphael

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 10:51:43 PM »
I second that. It might have just been you oversaw it in the mass of stuff to test and judge, which can easily happen, but if you missed it, it would just be fair to do that now and maybe if needed, even revise the results.

Offline Phantom

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 02:54:24 AM »
I've talk with him, he just couldn't get it start (like me)

Offline AnonymousTipster

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »
Did you (and Dr.Neo) follow this step?

Installation: Put ThrottleXResource in the root of the memory stick, and the other two folders in PSP/GAME.

The only way this wouldn't work is if you're on a 1.0 PSP. To fix this, you'd need to merge the two EBOOTS to one. I'm pretty sure Dr.Neo has 1.5, seeing as R-Gear worked on his PSP (which doesn't work on a 1.0).
I'd hope that if Dr.Neo (or anyone else) had problems getting ThrottleX to work, they'd post in my thread, or otherwise contact me, because even though it won't change the outcome, I'd like to get as many people as possible to try ThrottleX. Maybe they'll enjoy it (54 people enjoyed it enough to vote, either way  :) )

Offline psmonkey

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »
Well neo also seem to have issues with my game. Which makes me think he did not bother to properly copy the data folder to the root of the memory stick.

>:D

Offline 71M

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 08:34:11 PM »
Come on, hard coded file paths are so last year!  ;D

Cheers,
71M

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 10:22:42 PM »
Come on, hard coded file paths are so last year!  ;D
::sm-05::
agreed, if you want it to be run easily, make sure to include either an installer or all in 1 directory type files to copy over.

I think in the case of throttleX it was attached to the post in a not working form, but direct download offsite in a working form. Hard to tell there is a difference when alot of other entrants provided both offsite links and attached posts that both worked.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline AnonymousTipster

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 12:57:57 AM »
How was it attached in a non-working form? All the files are there, and as long as you read the first 2 lines of my post, it says where to put those folders in order to make the game work.

I'm sorry for not adding in two more folders for 'drag and drop' ease of use, but all it needed was 2 lines of reading and two copy-pastes.
Hardly 'non working'.

For the first 10 minutes, the download link wouldn't work, but after that, I fixed it by using a .rar file. Again, in perfect working condition.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 06:30:18 AM »
Your right... lol - downloading 80 separate entries from all the posts probably fried my brain. I know there were 2 I had to go back and get again mid-testing (because they didnt work with the files I had first gotten), Im 99% certain yours was one of them though I did get it working without any problems.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline amidarion

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 09:16:13 AM »
Suspicion is growing about you regarding the competition Dr. Neo....  We need your input. (preferably answers would be nice)  ::sm-12.gif::

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 07:12:45 PM »
Suspicion is growing about you regarding the competition Dr. Neo....  We need your input. (preferably answers would be nice)  ::sm-12.gif::
Any particular reason you have 4 accounts here? Besides the fact that a couple of them were only active right after the poll was first posted? - there is suspicion to go around if you wish to go that route (and even if you are suspicious, its not going to change the results of the compo, its been announced and its over now aside from the winners receiving their choices).

Though, I imagine AT is feeling a little left out without a custom comment :-(