Author Topic: Please pull my entry from the comp & results  (Read 2199 times)

Offline psmonkey

Please pull my entry from the comp & results
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:07:43 AM »
Please pull my entry from the compo and resuts.

I'm very unhappy with the poor judging. Hopefuly that means the 11th place person will get bumped up and get a prize he lost because judges let cheaters win.

::sm-16.gif::

I still dont think bad of DrNeo but I definantly will never think highly of your compos either.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
Re: Please pull my entry from the comp & results
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:39:19 AM »
I for one certainly didnt "let" cheaters win (which I'd hope you can at least see by my tally sheet). I based my judgement on what I felt was rational qualifications, and then shared those results publicly.

I spent alot of time digging through logs and banning *@spam* account registrations to try and prevent it, but by then it was far too late. I still have no real way of prooving that any of the spam.la accounts were actually used to vote, let alone for any particular entry (and honestly I was oblivious of the problem until someone reported a post to the mods where someone was calling them a cheater - which makes me wonder, why didnt anyone PM a mod when they first noticed the problem?).

I cant say with any certainty that it is 100% unlikely that taichi didnt actually get a bunch of people to come vote (as much as I doubt it actually happened, I personally have been willing to do stuff for friends simply because I was aked to, especially if its something simple like make a vote for them or drop off a ballot).

I personally would like to see everyone happy, but:
You cant please all of the people all of the time, and sometimes you cant please any of them even some of the time.

I have brought your post up to Dr.neo (aka: it is not my decision, I was asked to judge an compile the results only) and I personally think it is a great thing you are doing for the 11th place person (though hopefully unnecissary).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:48:45 AM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)