Author Topic: NEO Summer Compo 2006 winner and prizes final announcement  (Read 51866 times)

Offline kevinc

Re: NEO Summer Compo 2006 winner and prizes fianl announcement
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2006, 09:00:03 PM »
the Wii is european/american/japanese?
also.. is it possible to only get the money like in the previous compo? if so, how much?

Me too would like to know.

Offline Raphael

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2006, 09:56:19 PM »
2. Don't count the results of the online poll - its not perceived to be fair.
::sm-05::
rolling and laughing... I was just looking at another post that said the exact opposite, ignore the judges and only count the online poll.
Don't change it, it's good the way it is with public poll having only ~1/4 of weight. It should just be more safe to cheating (should be easy to implement the polling system to store IP along with Nickname and voting time in the DB, so it's later more easy to find cheaters). Probably also make it so only accounts that are at least a specific time old can vote (needs not be long, but say 24-48hours) and maybe even only the ones that have at least one post already. That should keep the most cheater-accounts away.

Offline Brunni

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2006, 10:00:46 PM »
Even when controlling IPs it's still unfair for coders who don't know a lot of people, or who don't spam loads of forums with "vote for me" posts like other people would do.
That also advantages entries that were already released some time ago and already have a public, instead of new ones :(

Offline AhMan

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 02:23:30 AM »
Dr. Neo, thanks for holding NeoFlash competition.  It's very generous of you to donate various & attractive prizes to developers to promote the PSP homebrew scene.  Although I won a 2nd place prize, I regretted I had joined the compo.  The judging of this compo is awful.  First, iR Shell was wrongly accused being joined in a previous compo by your judge cory1492 in the front page of QuickJump.net.  Not only that, today, cory1492 gave unrespectful comments on iR Shell by saying what good is a feature if you don't use it (see the quoted text below).  One can easily say the same for every single entry in a compo.  I found these comments are unacceptable and I would have never expected these coming from the month of a judge.  To show my dissatisfiction from cory's comments, I will not accept the prize from NeoFlash.  You can pass my 2nd place prize to other entrants.  I do hope you can get some quality judges in your future compos.

-What good is a iR remote program that doesnt have codes for every major device I own except the xbox and the family PS2 (my own doesnt have an IR receiver)? And yeah, I even went to the point of trying my brothers Palm Pilot to capture the codes, only it has bluetooth instead of iR, and PalmOS isnt all that helpful anyway. (I still tested it, and still consider it the "orgional" factor in this app)
-What good is playing MP3's "anywhere" when you only want to play the $60 game or lovingly crafted homebrew game as it was made to be played?
-What good is a program that you have to re-run every time you crash the PSP and want to run something else, when you could just run what you wanted instead?
-What good is having a hotkey to take screenshots... when you probably wont ever take screenshots? (or could just use the other screenshot app?)
-What good is host access when it ties you to a PC by a usb cable?
-What good is setting up iRShell first and going through it, to test compo entries... only to find it simpler to do it the "old way" (ie:original way) instead of on the spot learning and adjusting to iRshell?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 03:40:50 AM »
the Wii is european/american/japanese? --- the japanese version will release first.

also.. is it possible to only get the money like in the previous compo? if so, how much? --- yes,we need to wait to see the final price still.

and AhMan ,sorry about your decision,but we can't change the winner list any more and will keep your prize to the last 1 minute... :-X
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ETk

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 04:05:41 AM »
ok thanks for replying :)
is there any date limit to choose what I want? ( I want to wait till 14-15th september, they will say wii info then) :)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 12:54:47 AM »
we will start to ship the prizes in next week,hope you have enough time to make the dicision  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline ETk

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 02:49:53 AM »
hehe only one last question, i don't understand this:

(BTW: the top winner can choose the below prize list to instead with the console if he/she want.  sm-24 The details of prize can check whit www.IC2005.com)

that means i can get (for example) .. wii + NEO2 Lite 1024M Flash Cart? .. or even wii price + some product price?

Offline Tassu

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 05:53:52 AM »
that means i can get (for example) .. wii + NEO2 Lite 1024M Flash Cart? .. or even wii price + some product price?

I think that means that if you don't want the Wii, you can choose something else.

---------------------------

I chose this for my price: NEO2-SD Flash Cart [US$69.00]
Thanks for a great compo!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 11:15:28 AM »

that means you can get (for example) .. wii OR NEO2 Lite 1024M Flash Cart... ::sm-05::

Offline ETk

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
ah ok, sry ^^ my english isn't perfect yet :p.. will send the pm today then  :-*

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 04:33:33 PM »
hehe ::sm-10.gif::

Offline kevinc

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »
(BTW: the top winner can choose the below prize list to instead with the console if he/she want.  sm-24 The details of prize can check whit www.IC2005.com)

If we can choose from the products below and get the product prize, is it possible to ask the money from:

Quote from: Dr.Neo
The #2 and #3 winner can choose any one pcs prize from this list:
NEO Super SNK MVS convertor  [US$299.00]

:)?

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2006, 12:31:31 AM »
I doubt it, only the first positioned ones may ask for an amount of money, ohterwise, everyone would do this and neoflash would lose a lot of money !

Offline kevinc

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2006, 01:16:57 AM »
Yes, I was the winner of the NDS Apps section. That's why I'm asking.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 01:27:35 AM by kevinc »