Author Topic: poll about the "same" entry in the compo  (Read 17183 times)

Offline Sweater Fish Deluxe

Re: poll about the "same" entry in the compo
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 01:13:22 AM »
I think he's planning to reduce the influence of the poll because of how easily the polls can be manipulated.  I think a better solution would be to make it harder to manipulate the polls since I agree that the general community should actually have the most say in who wins, but maybe that would be too complicated to do or something.

I also agree that something more than just +3 would be called for since that would create very little change just from looking at the result of the last contest as an example.  Considering that by far the majority of people answering the poll in this topic thought that the same project shouldn't even be allowed to enter the contest again at all, if re-entries are in fact going to be allowed, I would expect that +10 or at the very least +5 points would be fair for original entries.

...word is bondage...

Offline jester

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 01:16:42 AM »
yeah i understand thanks

Ok excellent i understand

Offline Öhr GmbH

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 02:49:48 AM »
should be only allowed, if the game/app was never in the top5... ::sm-13.gif::

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »
i voted allow but it must be real new version and for me if a program win a compo (1st place)  it couldn't participate to the next compo

agree!..

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »
revise #3:

[1] all origial entry will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last sompo but have improved, and just one more time ) will don't get any "original score ";

[2] the public poll will get less judge power , like just half with the just past compo.

[3] ask more judger (from last neo compo top 10 winner) and neo compo partner site to give out the judgment,so it'll be more professional and more fair.

[4] the No.1 winner can't use their same project (even it's updata a lot) to enter the next compo.

anymore idea?
i think it's fair enough ? 8)
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Öhr GmbH

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »
yes, sounds fair.
but a entry(if it enters again) should get +2 original points if it made the 6th place or lower in the last compo, so it still has a chance of a greater prize

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 02:40:14 AM »
yeah fair but i agree the post above  me

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 05:58:06 AM »
hmm
?>.<

lol i won 3rd place bcoz of my flasher... and im going to update it.. BIG update... not only flasher but with some more good stuff.. ::sm-14.gif::

and the FLASHER that im going to do is DIFFERENT from other normal open source flasher.. HUGE Difference