Author Topic: the final result of NEO Spring Compo 2007!  (Read 38200 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: the final result of NEO Spring Compo 2007!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
i think HtheB have to say something for this case?
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Timo710

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 07:05:18 PM »
You guys have gotten it all wrong.  ::sm-10.gif:: Microsoft Changes the MSN protocol a lot of times >:D, everytime that happens, a lot of Beup users (I think more than 1000 users) will not be able to use the Beup messenger O0O.

Until now, HtheB has always been there to help making beup compatible again :P, and that is what I call service ::sm-19.gif::, first of all, HtheB has spend a long time without having a NDS 8), even in this period, he fixed Beup when it was needed. He added some great stuff to it. ::sm-12.gif::

(Damn I love those pinguin emoticons :D)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:16:46 PM by Timo710 »

Offline thoduv

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 07:14:05 PM »
I completely agree with you: the first place for Beup is not fair, seeing the *improvements* since last compo.
But anyway, I think it's now too late: if you wanted to complain about this entry, you had to do it before...

Offline d4rkb1t

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 09:05:46 PM »
I have to say one thing:

HtheB must win the compo for many reasons.

Ok, the project named Beup is a KevinC project, and in any release of BEUP LIVE (it isn't the same project that BEUP, it have the same basic code but it isn't BEUP, it is BEUP LIVE) ,that HtheB post, he put in the credits the name of KevinC, and if you don't believe me please visit the BEUP LIVE webpage's project, and you will see at the bottom of the webpage: HtheB & kevinC.

By the way, I have been talking with HtheB and he said me that kevinC let him to do a project with his basic code. So... what am i trying to say with this?

Beup Live is other project diferent than BEUP, with other diferent coder ( HtheB ). So if people have wanted to vote this project and the judges have voted him, it has been for one reason, because beup is really a good project.

By the way... if Beup is discreditted there are more projects that has to be discreditted.

Here we are to vote and comment for the coders and his projects and vote for they.

So for this reasons, Beup Live is the winner for me (and for many people)

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 09:13:14 PM »
First of all:
I talked to Dr. Neo about posting Beup (with the upgrade) and he accepted my entry

Second:
The results are allready announced...

Third:
kevinC stopped with Beup, so I took over the project. (long time ago now)

Fourth:
There were judges who also give me points.. so there is nothing to do anymore about it..

Fifth:
Why is people coming SOOO late..
You should complain just after I entered the compo!  :(
and not AFTER...

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 10:34:14 PM »
We actually started complaining before, but we didn't want to spoil your post... Phidias should have won imo...

Offline lupidan

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 11:14:43 PM »
The poll has been made, the registrations had been made. If you wanted to complain about his app entering this compo you should have done before, when he entered the project.

But what did people do?, you just let it enter, and now that he has won the first prize you are saying that's not fair. Well I think the thing that is not fair is that attitude you are having with HtheB

By the way, Phidias is a GREAT app, seriously, but I use Beup most, that's why I voted him.

Offline Slasher

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »
It's a shame more PSP applications weren't entered.
AFKIM AND Old school library came 1st and 2nd last year in the 2006 spring competition. And would you look at that - barely updated, and they're 1st and 2nd again winning full out prizes.
There should be a restriction on re-entered programs.

Offline thoduv

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 12:54:51 AM »
Wait wait: look more closely: OSlib didn't enter.

Offline Slasher

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 01:05:23 AM »
It's virtually the same thing in my books.

Offline ced

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 03:26:58 AM »
It's virtually the same thing in my books.

It is absolutly not the same thing!

OSlib is a Brunni's project.
Phosphorours created a "sprite handling lib" using oslib functions...

Do i have to retire my project because i used some libc/palib functions?  >:(

Offline ETk

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 04:34:57 AM »
I think it's too late now to matter about the results now,  they are already posted.. it won't be fair! .. I've never seen any competition that changes their results after they publish it  >:(

then what I think is that if you guys are complaining about beup position, it's too late now.. why didn't you said something/deny his application when htheb posted it? ... I see some envy people now... it's too late to make changes now!  ::sm-16.gif::

Offline GizmoTheGreen

• GizmoTheGreens Homepage
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 05:36:06 AM »
i love these pinguins :D
but thats not why i post...
I've been following Beup since KevinC had it, i made Swedish translation and stuff, the keyboard didnt work though, no support for unicode in it..

HtheB has done much more than just adding DLDI or changed server IP...
He turned Beup into Beup Live!
have you seen the original Beup 0.3 Final?
try that against Beup Live! 0.3d and compare, see any differences?
you'd be blind if you didnt, but its not like KevinC did some easy, "change theese .bmps and the look will change" thing.. no, HtheB recoded alot of stuff, atleast i belive so, or else he himself wouldnt even consider submitting it to the compo, I voted for Beup, and my Vote still stands, changing results afterwards becouse of some b*tching from ppl is not cool, not cool at all...
and I will prolly enter future comps here at Neoflash, but if i use PAlib, will i get kicked out?

I hope not....
Please give HtheB 1st prise, or you'll loose one future contestant  >:(
me...
Starter of HentaiDs project, atm known as TrueLoveDS
http://gizmothegreen.byethost13.com
http://gizmothegreen.byethost13.com/nds

Offline Arialia

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
After read all arguments and compare to the last compo, i must say that is normal than Beup live participe to compo (not really same programmer , and a lot of changes but internal)

And for this compo it is too late . stop please with that.

But i think than a new program must have a little advantage in comparaison to olders ... Only judges can do that, not votes.

great works again HtheB and Tassu

Offline Sweater Fish Deluxe

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 08:40:27 AM »
My opinion is that Tassu should have won the DS Apps division (he released the best game of the 2006 Summer competition and got second place there and now he releases the best app of the 2007 Spring competition and gets second place again! :'(), however it would not be right to change the results after they have been announced.

I didn't follow the development of BeUP, so I didn't know all this business about HtheB and kevinC, but I really think these comments should have been made earlier if they were important.  I'm not sure they're important anyway.  Development of a program often changes hands, there's nothing wrong with that.  If HtheB's changes to BeUP were enough to make it a valid entry, then he deserves the credit for his work.

The question is should the same game or app be allowed to get 1st place twice in a row.  I think the answer to that is "no." But like I said, I also think it's too late to change the results this time.

Just so long as BeUP doesn't also win the 2007 Summer competition! ???

...word is bondage...