Author Topic: the final result of NEO Spring Compo 2007!  (Read 35681 times)

Offline Lynx

Re: the final result of NEO Spring Compo 2007!
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2007, 10:35:13 PM »
I don't see how either of those have anything to do with this topic.

Fraud was claimed because someone used someone elses code.  That is totally different then stating licensing.  Someone elses code, is someone elses code.  If he was using it WITH PERMISSION, it is EXACTLY the same as using ANYONE ELSES code with permission (AKA, A lib, an example, etc)

The point is, HtheB discussed his entry with the judges prior to it being accepted.  They obviously agreed it was worthy of an entry and that is the bottom line.  They also obviously thought it was worhty of winning it's category (though, again, I don't agree with that decision).

mastertop101, I'll let you know when I care about your opinion.. but don't hold your breath.

So, unless one of the following are true, everyone else needs to chill out!

1) You are a judge for this contest
2) You provided funding for the prizes

Offline Lick

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2007, 01:21:44 AM »
The point is, HtheB discussed his entry with the judges prior to it being accepted.  They obviously agreed it was worthy of an entry and that is the bottom line.

I seriously doubt that it was made clear that he added relatively little to a project as big as Beup.

Offline GizmoTheGreen

• GizmoTheGreens Homepage
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2007, 04:46:25 AM »
though it has been revealed he did add more than 15 lines! alot more, so dont say "relatively little" he did improve alot, its not noticebla on screen, as linkofhyrule or what his name was said, there was even an entirely new section to a relatively small function.

though im not saying your not right he wasnt supposed to win, i still think the fault is at neoteam, and that its bad style fro them to change their minds.

now ive said what i think, and i hope i wont have to post anything more in this thread, as they say: arguing on the internet is doing the special olympics, even if you win, youre still retarded (no offense to "retarded" ppl, i have nothing against them
Starter of HentaiDs project, atm known as TrueLoveDS
http://gizmothegreen.byethost13.com
http://gizmothegreen.byethost13.com/nds

Offline Crowleyman

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »
Seriously.. do you ppl complain as much when someone wins in betting also.. OMG he put money on the same team again..? Judges let the app into the compo.. We/they voted (with lots of time to complain) .. someone won.. end of story.. i thought coding was about making cool stuff games/apps for cool machines... not about who get a Wii or not...

If you dont like it.. leave it.. it is not like anyone will get a free Wii cuz they "brought this to attention".

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 05:14:27 AM »
Seriously.. do you ppl complain as much when someone wins in betting also.. OMG he put money on the same team again..? Judges let the app into the compo.. We/they voted (with lots of time to complain) .. someone won.. end of story.. i thought coding was about making cool stuff games/apps for cool machines... not about who get a Wii or not...

If you dont like it.. leave it.. it is not like anyone will get a free Wii cuz they "brought this to attention".

you don't get it dude... it isn't about the wii ::sm-13.gif::

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »
No one has got the Wii..

Neither Tassu, neither me..
I talked to the Neo flash guys.. (long time ago)  and told them about that I wanted to send the Wii to him (directly)... they didn't accept my gift for him..
(Tassu can confirm this :) )

This is very weird..

Maybe Neoflash didn't want to spend extra money for a Wii? (or one of the employees wanted to keep it for him/her self?)

:( :( :( :(

Neoflash...  ::sm-16.gif:: ::sm-16.gif::

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2007, 05:27:52 PM »