Author Topic: do you agree HtheB can win the WII for No.1?  (Read 21372 times)

Offline d-loader

Re: do you agree HtheB can win the WII for No.1?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 03:37:43 AM »
Yeah, that's not normal, the Yes went from 20% to more than 50%.. I honestly beleive many people will boycott neoflash compos if Htheb gets his prize.

I smell cheat n' proxy servers  ::sm-16.gif::

Offline lupidan

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 04:14:37 AM »
I smell support...

Offline julien416

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 04:32:15 AM »
Why not ask the people who partipated to the compo instead of opening a poll that smells like a fraud...? Anyone ? After all that's the coders who should have the last word.

Offline e3skudo

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 04:44:59 AM »
Hello,

I think that the problem is in the NeoFlash for accept the project. If people had vote it, he is the winner...

So... For me and a lot of people, HtheB is the winner.

SeeYou!!!

Offline Yepid

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 05:04:10 AM »
HtheB winner!!!

Offline Lick

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 05:48:43 AM »
Have you people even read the discussion?

Your use of already invalidated arguments gives me the impression that you have not.

Offline WinterMute

• devkitpro
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 06:11:07 AM »
This whole situation is crazy.

What part of entering someone else's code in a competition deserves a community vote to decide the outcome?

Wasn't this a *programming* competition?

If you're bringing this to a vote you need to select a panel that understands the issues involved to make the decision.

1. The guy did *not* write Beup.
2. He does *not own a DS
3. He's already scammed free kit from other manufacturers by lying about the first two.

Right now I'm seriously considering calling for a boycott of Neoflash and their competitions entirely because of this situation.

Offline Neil

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 07:19:06 AM »
Wow, lots of "0 post guys" are browsing this thread... as intersting as the surprising rise of "yes" voters...

Wish this poll could be unanonymous...  ::sm-10.gif::

Yes, I noticed that too.  The "sure" votes REALLY shot up all of a sudden... there were 30 no's and only about 6 yes votes after the first 15 hours of voting or so.  Now all of a sudden, the yes votes have not only caught up but have overtaken.

I hope the IP addresses of the voters are being looked at....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:26:36 AM by Neil »

Offline Neil

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 07:31:51 AM »
Another thing that strikes me is that HtheB has gone very quiet since kevinc appeared and confirmed the former's lack of input on the beup project.  Has he posted about this matter since then, or is he too busy making sock puppets?!  The last I saw of him was on gbadev, where he tried to stop this outing from happening by telling people they were 'jealous bitches' and asking them to 'stop the conversation.'

You would think he'd apologise and say 'fair enough, give the prize to the second place finisher or to kevinc instead.'  That would be the decent thing to do.

Offline mastertop101

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 07:49:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure the same thing hapenned about the NDS app voting... At first, Phidias was winning and, all of a sudden, Beup got votes...

It's getting obvious Htheb shouldn't get his prize, especially since he changed pretty much nothing since another neoflash compo that he won and Phidias is very original, and cool etc.

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »
WHAT! 15 lines for a wii?!??! Thats not FAIR.... all of us worked hard to make our own homebrew then he just copy others homebrew... then win the 1st prize? man... thats absolutely not FAIR...i cant even sleep just to finish my app...

15 lines.... 1 line for me is 10-40 secs...  100-600secs for a wii?

NO WAY! >:( >:D  hmmm its just the same as cheaters..,scammers....=BAN

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 01:03:34 PM »
btw the prize already shipped? i hope not :-X

Offline Brunni

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 06:41:41 PM »
Yeah, that's not normal, the Yes went from 20% to more than 50%.. I honestly beleive many people will boycott neoflash compos if Htheb gets his prize.
Haa! You noticed the same thing? It's not support or anything, it's pure and clear cheat. And even if the guy who cheated is maybe not HtheB, this tells everything about the situation ::sm-16.gif::

Offline kevinc

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 06:49:19 PM »

just give out your vote now.  ::sm-22.gif::

Dr Neo, when I said the community, I meant the *programmer* community, especially those who participated in the contest with their own code. And their opinion is a clear *no*. I didn't expect to come here and see a voting process.

Please let's finish this as soon as possible. I don't want the Wii, I already won another competition. Give it to the next place, or as you wish.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:51:45 PM by kevinc »

Offline DKnight

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 07:27:07 PM »
1) An app shouldnt be allowed to win 2 consecutive compos. It's unfair.

2) What HtheB has done is basically splat his name all over an app wich he has not developed. And when you have all these other developers sweating blood with their own projects made from scracht, its clearly wrong to put this in first place.

3) This should be discussed and decided internally within the compo participants, no by some anonymous and easily manipulable forum poll.

Greetings ::sm-23.gif::