Author Topic: OSX flashcart tool with a GUI.. beta 1  (Read 29592 times)

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
Re: OSX flashcart tool with a GUI.. beta 1
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 06:29:18 AM »
initial tests are good with the osx app in PCE mode on an LT.... this is great and very easy for me to go back and forth with.  more detailed tests soon.

Great, thanks. Seems that I really need to pay attention now and fix the stuff. heh.

can anyone tell me what the total size in MegaBytes is for the 128 Megabit card?  knowing that in advance would help when flashing so it does not go over.

all we need now is for this program to work with US systems.  My turbo Duo is ready and waiting when a new version of the software is ready. please message me when you have it for testing.

That's 16MB.. thought other limits are that max 63 roms can be flashed and the first 2Mbits (256KB) is reserved for the multirom menu.

Slimegui actually tests whether the rom set you are about to flash fit into the cart. Though cart size is only verified against what you select from the gui settings.
..more coffee..

Offline markwolfe

• NEO newbie
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 02:19:17 AM »
@mrspiv: yeah the latest version of your software does indeed check size for you, when I wrote that I was using the older version. . as for save support, I can fix this for you... I see that all you need to do is swap out the embedded menu bios file you're using. when I select custom menu and use the menu bios file used in the latest pc writer, the save feature works fine. :)

another stickler, hair-splitter thing is that you should edit the first post in the thread to include the latest download link and then post that there was an update. I am not trying to throw off my own responsibility for reading the thread all the way through but, for new users like me who came on once I got an intel mac, I downloaded the first link in the post and even when I read the thread I missed that i was not using the updated version.

now all I need is for someone to suggest a good program to use to correctly region patch, other than manually doing it via hex editor. it seems ucon64 bungles it on certain games, most notably Neutopia I, causing the game to glitch on me when I play it.

Offline NO CARRIER

• NEO newbie
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 06:20:43 AM »
Link is dead - anyone have copies of the different betas?

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 07:40:43 AM »
hmm.. I can log into my account but the webpage is dead. Probably something temporary.
..more coffee..

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
Link is dead - anyone have copies of the different betas?

Works fine for me.
I have attached it to this post just in case...

edit : attached v3 as;well
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:52:19 PM by Conle »

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2015, 06:17:43 PM »
There was some hiccup with my provider. The site is up again. Later version of the tool is here:
http://deadcoderssociety.net/pce/dl/slimegui_beta_v0.3.dmg
..more coffee..