• Geardome
Ozone
« on: July 10, 2007, 05:07:43 AM »
Nickname: Helius
Projet name : Ozone
Division: PSP Game
Original enter : YES
In last NEO Compo this project won in the top 10 : NO
Project description: Ozone is a mix of an action game and a puzzle game where you have to find all the blue gems in labyrinth-style levels without losing your air.
Download: http://www.geardome.com/files/ozone_neoflash.zip

Hi!

This is our first game for the PSP. It's called Ozone and it’s rather easy to play.

You drive a bouncing ball filled with air. The mission is to find all the blue gems in each level and then proceed to the exit. The levels are full of items, enemies, traps, etc.

You can refill the ball with air pumps and green gems. You can also fire to the enemies if you collect yellow and red gems. If you run out of air, you die.

The controls are explained inside the game. Don’t forget using the brake button (square) to precise control the ball.

And that’s it. I hope you like it.

EDIT: Updated the splash screen. Can't upload the file to the forum because size limit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 06:24:14 AM by Helius »

Offline Mr305

Re: Ozone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 06:20:15 AM »
Looks very cool!
is it in 3D?

Offline Helius

• Capsule Corp.
    • Geardome
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:32:28 AM »
Yes! hehe it's full 3D.

That screenshot does not do the game any justice at all!! >:(

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:18:29 AM »
Is there an emulator anywhere to play this? (I don't have a PSP)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:52:17 PM »
first PSP game in this compo, and come with the RIGHT submit format!  ::sm-18.gif::

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4438.0.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:38:26 AM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Mr305

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »
Wasn't this entered into GBAX compo? Still allowed?

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 10:26:26 PM »
Yes, Dr Neo changed the rules recently to allow things from other competitions. I think the only limitation is if it was a prize winner in a previous Neo comp.

Offline Mr305

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 11:57:27 PM »
Yes, Dr Neo changed the rules recently to allow things from other competitions. I think the only limitation is if it was a prize winner in a previous Neo comp.

You mean, not allowed if it has won 1st-3rd in previous neo compo right?

Can reenter 1 last time if between 4-10. Correct?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:59:11 PM by Mr305 »

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »
The rules of NEO Summer coding contest 2007:

[1] All original entries will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last compo but improved, and just enter one more time again ) will don't get any "original score" in this compo.

[2] The public poll will get less judge power , like just get half score than before.

[3] All last neo compo top 10 winners and neo compo partner site can give out their judgments (PM to Dr,neo), we will count them together, so it'll be more professional and more fair.

[4] The No.1 winner can't use their same project (even it's update a lot) to enter the next compo.

[5] You can enter the PSP/NDS/GBA's GAME contest and APP contest both, without any limit.

[6] You must put the splash screen of "NEO Summer coding contest 2007" to your production.

[7] If your production have enter other compo before, you can enter this NEO compo still.

[8] If your NDS project can support MK6 Motion function, then will get +5 "Motion Score".

You get  5 points automatically for something that hasn't been in a neo competition before and you can't enter if your game/app came first place in a previous comp.  So if you won a neoflash competition with something, that program would never be allowed in a future neoflash competition. It seems you can enter once more if you came 2nd to 10th.

Offline A_Noob

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 05:47:15 AM »
Ok Well im normally not the person to Complain. I love this game But I have one Major problem. They already Won GBAX. So Having them Entering a Winning Game already is not fair what so ever. Unless they are some How Handicapped due to their previous Win. No personal offense to Helius But this is just completely unfair. I have just started my Entry Today. It will be good but im not sure if i HAve enough Time to make it quite as good. Those are my 2 cents. Good game though.

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:46 AM »
The question should be -

Was the game entered AFTER winning the other competition?

In this case, I see no problem because Ozone was entered in NeoFlash a whole month before the other competition results were announced. Helius had absolutely no way of knowing that his game would be placed in the other competition.

Offline A_Noob

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 01:42:25 PM »
Well that is True ( I didnt look at the dates ). But I think that maybe some sort of penalty should be given since it did already win. No offense toe Helius. Its Just I think Compo Entries Should be Just for that compo so it Has people Making more games.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:24:16 AM by A_Noob »

Offline Xfacter

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 02:32:59 AM »
This game should NOT be allowed in the competition. It was already released in another competition, and won second place in that. Allowing this game to be a candidate in NeoFlash after it has won in another competition is a HUGE discouragement to other developers who would otherwise enter. I understand that it was submitted within days of being submitted to GBAX, but you are discouraging development, and I hope you reconsider your decision in allowing this as an entry.

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 07:30:23 AM »
The decision will be up to Dr Neo, but in my opinion there is no problem. The Neoflash competition rules state that it is OK to enter something that has been in a different competition.

Just because someone is placed in one competition does not automatically mean they will do well in a different one.

Offline Helius

• Capsule Corp.
    • Geardome
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 01:48:46 AM »
Hi all!

Well, first of all, I asked Dr Neo about this just before posting it here and he told me that I could enter the two compos: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4280.msg29602.html#msg29602

I have to say that I made the game available for download at the same time in both competitions so the chances for other people are the same.

And finally, IMHO the game fulfills all the rules: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4344.msg29500.html#msg29500

Thanks for your comments.