Author Topic: Same old  (Read 15702 times)

Offline bigbrisco

Same old
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »
No matter what i do, no matter what programs i try, if i choose full format then i get 0/512 mb available for my 256 mb cart. Quick format gives me 512/512 and games burn but wont boot. This is my second cart. what the hell am i doing wrong?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: Same old
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:20:44 AM »
try the ultra menu V2.5
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
Yeah, same difference.

Under the tab that says format, I leave menu burner alone (C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\goomba.gba), leave menu format alone (C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\neo2_menu_v1.31_RC3.neo, fast mode) and choose standard format under ROM/RAM Format (I get the same results with low level format).

After the cart refreshes, it says that my cart, type 7, is currently 0/512mb (on a 256 cart...) capacity with 14/16mb menu and 0mb PSRAM, I cannot add roms or any files, for i get the error that the cart is full. This is the same result I get using any of the neo flash programs on a full/standard format of the cart.

When I pop the cart into my GBAsp I get the menu up just fine. With a standard flash I can't get any games on it, but with a fast flash the games hang at "Begin to run game..."

I've so far tried every program to flash it. Neo Ultra, Neo Manager, Neo Powerkit and nothing. Same results on this cart as on my first cart, which I sent back. I've given up on it being sent back, as after I got my second cart and was presented with the same results, I posted for help in these forums (its on the second page) and recieved no further helpful information. It's now been too long to return it.

Should I just stop wasting my time and toss the cart out? Or is there something I'm still doing wrong. I'm reasonably certain im doing everything i'm supposed to do.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:28:07 AM by bigbrisco »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:00:13 PM »
your cart is NEO2 or NEO3?
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:05:08 PM »
Possibly a problem with the slimloader.
Like Dr.Neo asked,what type cart do you have,also,what PC OS,and anything else you might think could help us help you.
 :)
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:32:13 PM »
I doubt that its the slimloader, i revceived a whole new package and new slim loader with the second cart.

Cart is Neo2-lite 256 (NO SD) bought from http://www.divineo.com

This is the setup I'm currently using:

HP DV9310CA Laptop
1.6 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
1024MB DDR2 System Memory
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Windows XP Pro SP2

The setup I was using with my first cart (and tested with the new one as well with same results):

AMD Athalon64 +3800
Gigabyte GA-KU-939 (or soemthing, either way it has a VIA chipset)
1.2 GB RAM
Windows XP Pro

Also of note, I tried both of these setups with vista- same results.

EDIT: Also, I'm using a GBA sp, black kind. Also, I've tried cleaning the contacts gently with a rubber pencil eraser, and aligining them carfeully, and I've tried every possible form of usb port on both my laptop and desktop.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:35:12 PM by bigbrisco »

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 08:54:13 PM »
Yeah, bought an EFA256LE cart instead and it worked wonderfully. What a waste that Neo2 was.

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 05:56:06 AM »
I'm going to bump this topic so that it remains relevant. Users should stay away from this chip at all costs. There are better, cheaper options.

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 12:52:07 PM »
Just thought I'd make another bump, I know its been a VERY long time but the loss of my cash still stings me. Stay away from NEOTEAM, these devices are cheap and uselss.

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »
Another year, another bump. Neo still hasn't responded. I wonder why? XD

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 07:42:17 AM »
Because you don't give them enough info maybe? You've gotten enough replacement hardware that it seems clear the issue is PEBKAC.

How is the USB connected? To the motherboard directly? A powered hub? The pass-through on a keyboard? Have you tried a different USB cable?

Have you tried formatting in a different format? For example, set Neo2 Ultra Menu to format for MD Myth?

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
You're joking right? This was two years ago. The product never worked. I gave tons of info. I got no worthwhile replies. I got replacements, they never worked. I bought a better card, worked like a charm. You live and learn I guess. If you dont like my bumping, ban me?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »
Why you're so negative ?  :P
Anyway -- i noticed that both your pc setups are x64based.I suggest to try on 32bit because the old gba software had some issues with 64bit cpus.
You can also try installing the beta neo programmer & make sure to install the AMD driver manually.

Offline phonedork

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
I feel ya anger man!!!!! I been running into the same thing! I bought a Neo2Pro with 1024 megabits of ROM. After formatting I get 0 ROM space. I can load off the SD no problem, but I think its slow on large games. I wanted to burn some of the large games on the ROM side. So every now and then after formatting I get 1024 megabits of ROM and I cannot burn any game to it. Not even a 1 megabit sega master system rom. I got another 1024 megabit ROM. After formatting I get about 512 of the 1024 I bought. I can burn games onto it. However any game over 16 megabits will not burn. I spent alot of money to! So yea I have negative thoughts!

Offline bigbrisco

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »
I never forget. I hope that one day we have time travel so I can go back to 2007 and save myself 40 bucks.