Author Topic: Earth Invaders 0  (Read 19294 times)

Offline KaliKot

Re: Earth Invaders 0
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 10:10:36 AM »
yes I scanned it after all the data was corrupted and the data became the .chk files so...ugh

I am using an r4 and a kingmax 2gb micro sd (yeah I know not the best one but still still pretty good except for Portrait of ruin)

sigh...

Offline lobo

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
Oh, wait wait wait! You said ALL the files became .chk? Well, if there's a few of them, seems like you can just rename them back to what they were (lets say gamesomething.sav) if you know or can recognize what these files were (by their size most likely). Also, check this out

http://www.topshareware.com/Flobo-CHK-Recovery-download-42232.htm

Maybe, just maybe it might help (if this is the case where all your stuff has become chk suddenly).

Offline OSW

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 03:42:25 PM »
Very proffesionally done game. Nice upgrade from previous versions.

Only thing i dislike is the loading time 0_0.

Offline Sweater Fish Deluxe

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 02:03:37 AM »
yes I scanned it after all the data was corrupted and the data became the .chk files so...ugh
Yeah, like lobo said, those .CHK files were your recovered files but Scandisk gave them dummy names because all the names in the card root were lost due to some toc corruption.  If you'd gone into one of those folders with a dummy name, you'd have seen that it still contained all your regular files with their proper names and everything.  There was no data corruption on your card, just a table of contents corruption that was fixed by running Scandisk, so all you had to do was rename the files and folders in the card root and then everything would have been dandy.

Next time try paying more attention rather than shooting your mouth off at a homebrew coder for something that wasn't his fault at all.

...word is bondage...

Offline KaliKot

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:48 PM »
OK so ive moved on from this but can ALL the files be recovered by just renaming them?

Thanks for the info guys

Offline lobo

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 01:18:38 AM »
Yeah, seems like all of them can be recovered as recovery tool like that one might be able to 'revert' the file where scandisk has failed to sort em out properly. Now, its just a guess that if you have, let's say "Somegame.nds" which is, lets say 128megs, and you have a .chk thats also suspiciously so 128megs in size, just renaming it back manually should also work. Its a theory to me really as I never had this problem but in case you didn't delete anything, try renaming stuff back to .sav or .nds or try that tool (or at least keep it around in case it happens again).