Author Topic: Mental Games  (Read 11715 times)

Offline Pitt

Mental Games
« on: August 21, 2007, 12:47:28 AM »
Nicknames : Pitt, Mollusk, and Zeblackos

Project name : Mental Games

Division : NDS Game

Original enter : YES

Project description :  Mental Games is a compilation of quick little games that ask for either nice Stylus skills or tons of concentrations :p Some are remakes of pre-released DS games, some are adaptations of flash games, and others are completely new and original (generally the most brain-torture oriented games  :D)

The global graphics chart is pretty much Black and White, though a few games don't follow it perfectly (yet ^^)

The games, in no particular order :

• ReRun : Catch all the balls of the same color as your cursor, while avoiding the other ones... Once this is done, you'll have to replay the same level as a different color  ~sm-42.gif~ ~sm-42.gif~

• Chain Reaction : Sponsored by the National Uranium Group (NUG), you'll have to create as big chain reactions as possible with a single detonation !  ::sm-23.gif::

• Mental Pong : Classic pong ? No !  >:(

• QuadBrain : Ever tried to move around 4 objects at the same time ? Hard, isn't it ?  ::sm-07.gif::

• Danger Zone : CarreRouge revisited !  :-*

• 3210 : How many balls can you break ? Carefull though, each one will spread out to take as much room as possible !  :(

• Follow : Simplest game ever... Just try to keep the stylus at the same level as the circle on the other screen :)  Great reflexes needed !  ???

• Double Skill : What if Arkanoid was mixed with a balance game ? And what if it was actually 2 games, on 2 screens, both controlled with a single Stylus ?   ::sm-11.gif::

• BallBreaker : The whole point is to find out how to explode all the balls without ever touching one of them...  ::sm-14.gif::

• MixedMinds : Try to keep your brains straight, if you can !  ~sm-31.gif~

Here are a few screenshots of the different games you'll find :

Hope you'll enjoy them !

You'll need to DLDI patch it if you want to save your highscores.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:07:32 AM by Pitt »

Offline Cid2Mizard

• cid2mizard.dev-fr.org
Re: Mental Games
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 02:27:55 AM »
Bonne chance les gars  :D
www.nintendomax.com 100% Hack - 0% Warez

Offline OSW

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »
wow, quite nice.

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:52:26 PM »
Awesome collection of games!  I haven't played them all yet, but I love Rerun, 3210 and Ball Breaker!! ;D

Nice effects on the menu too :)

Offline Pitt

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:53:17 PM »
Thanks, man ! It's Mollusk who made effects on the menu. :) But if remind well, you're pretty nice too, to make nice menus ;)

Can you put your scores here, please ? ^^ I'd like to know if I've got a good brain :p
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:04:53 AM by Pitt »

Offline OSW

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 03:47:38 PM »
very nice game. good test of skills.

I also like Mollusk's menu.

Offline Sweater Fish Deluxe

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 02:05:43 AM »
Yeah, it's a really amazing menu.  Also, some very nice games, but my favorite ones had already been released actually.

It would be ice if you changed the graphics of the minigames so that they matched the menu graphics.  Not just palettes, I mean, but that actual sprite graphics.  Make them that square LED style.  It would make the collection seem much more cohesive.

...word is bondage...

Offline Pitt

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 02:20:58 AM »
Yeah, we'll modify the games so they match with our graphic chart :) But we didn't have got enough time to make it before this compo ^^