Author Topic: THE FINAL SPEC OF NEO MD MYTH SYSTEM  (Read 83252 times)

Offline elan

Re: THE FINAL SPEC OF NEO MD MYTH SYSTEM
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 05:09:08 AM »
no, you can burn the sms rom to neo2 cart, then run on sms console through this converter.

So I can not run SMS rom on MD/It has some chips from SMS/???
On Sega Mastersystem 2 / PALversion+SMSadapter+MythCart+Neo2???/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 05:14:50 AM by elan »

Offline murdiaries

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 05:32:44 AM »
When is coming out?
I'm really looking forward for the NEOSD compatibility!!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 02:59:16 AM »
it'll come out soon,now start to make the final PCB.
and it support load MD rom from PC to neo2-sd RAM to run directly through the USB cable  ~sm-42.gif~

and the SD function need time to work with it only.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline DjoeN

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 06:24:02 AM »
I'm really looking toward this card :)

My Megadrive/MegaCD/32X Setup never has left the side of the TV :D
Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline alekmaul

• portabledev.com Webmaster
    • PortableDev
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:54 AM »
yeah, great news, hope we can test it soon ^^
just a little question : is there a devkit or something like that on megadrive to make homebrews ?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 01:43:17 PM »
The second this thing comes out I'll be buying it.

Offline neko

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »
oh man, I am so excited about this update!!  ;D
Does this means that it is possible to play SMS/MARK III games on a standard Genesis console, without the need to purchase the original Power Base Converter/MEGA adapter?

also I can't wait to load my US region CDs on my JAP console!

At last! Its about time to claim my prize, thanks Dr.neo!  ~sm-43.gif~

Offline sonic3d

• QDrive Power
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »
THE FINAL SPEC OF NEO MD MYTH SYSTEM :

SEGA MEGA DRIVE & GENESIS GAME CARD
1.      SUPPORT ALL MD GAMES

SEGA CD
2.      CD BIOS (PLAY ANY REGION GAME CD )
3.      CD BACK RAM

General hardware info
4-1 Huge memory size, from 512M to 1G, maximum can store 1024 pcs 1M roms, or 32 pcs 32M roms
4-2 Build in 4M SRAM save,use battery to keep the data

Hi,dr neo!
I have several questions about those items I quoted from your post.I will list them below with corresponding sequence number:

1.Will Virtua Racing of MD(not the deluxe edition on 32X) be supportted?Although it is almost impossible,I still wanna know if you have the solution in hardware design....with a similiar customized 3D processor to SVP.

2.Will it work if plays pal 50Hz games on ntsc 60Hz console?Normally it will reset the machine even the lock on code of the CD changed to the USA or JAP version and reburned the cd image.

3.Will this cart works as a real mega cart(Games can directly save files in this external memory cart) or just a backup device that can only copy the internal CD save memory in and out?I ask this question because some game need more than one save file for playing a secret stage but its save file occupied almost the whole internal memory.So it is important to have feature that made this cart accessible in game.

4.Will you prepare and publicize some special I/O for access save memory in 32M cart?So that I can fix some special Chinese game which using special I/O for save function.....for example:Begger Prince(32M)  Landstalker Chinese Pirate Translated(16M but using different saving code as original)

Best Regards
http://www.sonic.org.cn/GensBlog
http://qdrive.scene.org.cn

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 09:03:11 PM »
1.Will Virtua Racing of MD(not the deluxe edition on 32X) be supportted?Although it is almost impossible,I still wanna know if you have the solution in hardware design....with a similiar customized 3D processor to SVP.
--- sorry it don't support,it's not worthy to make a DSP for single rom and make the cost more higher.

2.Will it work if plays pal 50Hz games on ntsc 60Hz console?Normally it will reset the machine even the lock on code of the CD changed to the USA or JAP version and reburned the cd image.
--- the CD have region limit still,but the cart game is universal.

3.Will this cart works as a real mega cart(Games can directly save files in this external memory cart) or just a backup device that can only copy the internal CD save memory in and out?I ask this question because some game need more than one save file for playing a secret stage but its save file occupied almost the whole internal memory.So it is important to have feature that made this cart accessible in game.
--- it's like a real MD cart. and the sram save size have 2Mbit,so we can patch the rom to make a multi-save if necessary. and you can backup/restore these game saze file to PC too.

4.Will you prepare and publicize some special I/O for access save memory in 32M cart?So that I can fix some special Chinese game which using special I/O for save function.....for example:Begger Prince(32M)  Landstalker Chinese Pirate Translated(16M but using different saving code as original)
--- it use neo2 cart to store the MD game rom, so you will have 256M~1024M memory size for the game,not need any extra special I/O i thought.

Offline DjoeN

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 07:20:42 AM »
I hope the dev. of this board goes well :)

Can't wait to lay my hands on 1 to test all those old skool games again :D
Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline neko

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »

--- it's like a real MD cart. and the sram save size have 2Mbit,so we can patch the rom to make a multi-save if necessary. and you can backup/restore these game saze file to PC too.

I believe sonic3d is referring the "BACKUP RAM CARTRIDGE" for MegaCD.
http://sega.jp/archive/segahard/mcd/backup.html

There is a internal backup memory on the MegaCD used for game save, the problem is, it is just too small. some games, especially the simulation type of games will occupy almost the whole backup area of this tidy backup area, virtually making other games unplayable.

Thats why Sega release this hardware, it features 16 times bigger memory then the MegaCD build-in one. It will allow you to manage your save data so that you could copy them in and out. Some later games will allow you to save your progress directly on this cart.

OK, here is the question. Can the NEO MD MYTH SYSTEM functions as a real "BACKUP RAM CARTRIDGE" hardware?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 09:34:57 PM »
OK, here is the question. Can the NEO MD MYTH SYSTEM functions as a real "BACKUP RAM CARTRIDGE" hardware?

YES.  ~sm-36.gif~

Offline sonic3d

• QDrive Power
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »
Thanks neko for understanding my question and thanks Dr.neo for confirm such a nice feature.This is a special feature that Tototek has not provided us.

But the last question is still not clear with your answer.
I'm not ask for the i/o info of storing game rom to your cart.But to storing game save data for the games that bigger than 16MBit.You may answer me that I'd better using the special SRAM switch I/O of Phantasy Star IV.But I hope you will provide some more for home brew maker.Because the SRAM switch I/O of PS 4 just switch the ROM Address after 0x200000 to SRAM.If the save function code is also near that address(Currently there is no official licensed game do that),it will be impossible to run the code continuely after switch to SRAM......Hope you can provide us a little more for example:Switch SRAM at 0x100000 or 0x300000.I think it will be useful for home developer or rom fixer especially in dealing with some Chinese unlicensed cart.

All these suggestions are based on the fact that most MegaDrive/Genesis/32X cart players nowaday are not normal players as GBA/NDS users but Rom Mania or computer geeks.So it will be better to release a powerful development cart.

:)

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:07:38 PM by sonic3d »

Offline sonic3d

• QDrive Power
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 08:15:25 PM »
Another question is will you support Mega Man - The Wily Wars?It seems has special save I/O chip,too.

Offline linc

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 11:43:17 PM »
When will we be able to buy this wonderful thing?