Author Topic: the NEO PCE Super Flash Cart 128M version released  (Read 37371 times)

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
Re: the NEO PCE Super Flash Cart 128M version released
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
It looks like the card is flashed using the neo slim loader, which is also used for flashing the neo gba carts.

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 05:52:43 AM »
No not really. Just make it easy to use.

It would be nice if it was possible to add screenshots for each rom to the GUI on the mac, so that it was easier to find/remember/navigate each game.

Ok.. it took quite a while. I just recently revisited this project and came up with a simple GUI thingy. I still have stuff to tweak here and there, especially with error handling. The GUI is going to be really simple. Unfortunately I have no data of the very latest Flash Carts so no fancy save game stuff etc (not to mention that all USB functions are still based on my old reverse engineered information, not any exact specs.. a shame). At least both 64M and 128M carts will be supported as I can test them myself. The GUI itself is portable (a recompile) for Linux and Windos..

..more coffee..

Offline fandenivoldsk

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 04:42:30 AM »
Cool!
Is there a download link so I can try it out?

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 05:29:34 AM »
I'll have to work out few minor things first. Which OSX version do you have?
..more coffee..

Offline fandenivoldsk

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 07:45:56 AM »
Snow Leopard

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 03:27:30 AM »
Ok. Good. Do you have TurboGraphx-16 or "normal" PC Engine? I myself have only few CoreGraphx, so I cannot test in all systems..
..more coffee..

Offline fandenivoldsk

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 04:30:02 AM »
I got the japanese PC-Engine DUO-RX console

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »
I have now got around doing some testing against 64M and 128M carts. Stuff seem to work, except there are annoying error situations that just cannot be handled nicely with libusb.. for example trying to flash an image when the SL4 is plugged in without the flashcart etc.

Anyway, as I don't own TG16 I would need someone with an appropriate hardware to be my test slave. If you are interested, drop me a message.

Cheers,
       mr.spiv

Ok.. it took quite a while. I just recently revisited this project and came up with a simple GUI thingy. I still have stuff to tweak here and there, especially with error handling. The GUI is going to be really simple. Unfortunately I have no data of the very latest Flash Carts so no fancy save game stuff etc (not to mention that all USB functions are still based on my old reverse engineered information, not any exact specs.. a shame). At least both 64M and 128M carts will be supported as I can test them myself. The GUI itself is portable (a recompile) for Linux and Windos..
..more coffee..

Offline mr.spiv

• junk yard
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
Some in progress screen captures:
http://deadcoderssociety.net/pics/slimegui_beta1.jpg
http://deadcoderssociety.net/pics/slimegui_beta2.jpg

Some quick notes. It is possible to choose either "build-in menu" (which is neoflash 1.03), no menu at all or a custom menu. The custom menu can be of any size/form/whatever as long as it supports the neoflash menu type of storing the flash rom infos. Currently, the PCE/TG16 selection is hardwired to PCE.

For those who are interested, here is a commented disassembly of the neoflash menu 1.04:
http://deadcoderssociety.net/pce/bios104_disassembly.txt
It might have some misinformation.. whatever. I did not really pay attention to things that are not essential to get the flash cart rom switching to work.

I have now got around doing some testing against 64M and 128M carts. Stuff seem to work, except there are annoying error situations that just cannot be handled nicely with libusb.. for example trying to flash an image when the SL4 is plugged in without the flashcart etc.

Anyway, as I don't own TG16 I would need someone with an appropriate hardware to be my test slave. If you are interested, drop me a message.

Cheers,
       mr.spiv

..more coffee..