Author Topic: MagicKey - possible to use with other carts?  (Read 2851 times)

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
MagicKey - possible to use with other carts?
« on: April 27, 2005, 09:31:47 PM »
I currently have a 1G F2AUltra cart, and was wondering if it will be possible to use the X-F bootloader and the MagicKey with such a commercial device, or perhaps to adapt the bootloader to work with it and the key.

It would be nice to not have to get another expensive cart, when I already have a tried and reliable cart in hand....at any rate, for homebrew stuff I will have a PassMe thanks to Lynx and am not going to rely on the adaptability (or hackability if that becomes the case) of the NeoFlash hardware - but it sure would be nice....
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline elifecyber

Re: MagicKey - possible to use with other carts?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 06:02:07 PM »
don't think it'll work, cuz it's written in another code...

Offline www.chinagba.com

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:10:42 PM »
I think you can not
because the inner code is diffrent

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 04:14:42 PM »
True, I am assuming the Neo is going to use different flash chips with different flash revisions as well as differing hardware registers and built in firmware - although there is a small chance that the bootloader _may_ work it is probably in the best interests, companywise, to not let it work on others carts... but isnt the "MagicKey" essentially a fancier/better commercially produced "PassMe"?
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)