Author Topic: LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark  (Read 14600 times)

Offline Michoko

LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:54:03 AM »
Nickname: Michoko
Projet name : LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark
Division : NDS Game
Original enter : YES
Support Motion : NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Project description:  This homebrew is adapted from a famous Gamebooks series called "Lone Wolf" and written by Joe Dever.

This version is based on the original US edition (the only one, with the Spanish version, which is currently freely available on the net) and allows to play the full first book without bothering with tedious elements like combats handling, random rolls, inventory management... All this is directly integrated into the gameplay, as my primary goal was to make a video game and not just an interactive ebook. You can find further info on the official site: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/

Screenshots:

YouTube video to see the game in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsNh4v6r8lU

You can get the ROM here: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/downloads.php?file=Flight_From_The_Dark_Neo

(sorry, but the file is around 7.5MB and the attachment is limited to 2MB. How can I upload it to the forums please?)

I hope you'll like the game, and please tell me if I need to do something else to complete this entry.

Thank you!  ::sm-29.gif::
Michoko
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:55:35 AM by Michoko »

Offline J-Fox

Re: LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:47:09 AM »
Wow the artwork looks impressive - I won't have the time to test it before the deadline cause I still have to shape my entries a bit :(, but I will try to test this as soon as possible.
PS: Even the page looks professional, I m impressed. :O

Offline tiancai

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
wao, the graphics are nice...

i like how the numbers run on the screen... ;D

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
Very Nice!!
Solid game from what I've got to see so far.

::sm-22.gif::
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline Thanatos19

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:34 AM »
Here's hoping to a Left Handed mode, as with much difficulty I got through a small portion using my Right Hand (I am literally **** with it) and it is really good so far.

Offline parvulus

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 04:30:30 AM »
Haha, I grew up with those books!  (some of the endurance / armor class sections on the character sheets in my old book were erased so much it went through the page)  ~sm-41.gif~

Thanks a lot; I've been playing and it's excellent!  Not just nostalgic but a great game too.  I was a bit worried because I didn't remember random rolls, etc. as being tedious, but the way you executed it is quite fun! ;D

Offline Hamelin

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
This one just oozes polish.

My only complaint is that I tended to breeze past items because you have to switch to the inventory screen to pick up anything, some sort of prompt on pages where there are items would be useful, I think.

Otherwise, it's great! I look forward to the other books, I hope he goes though all of them.

Offline parvulus

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 04:57:28 PM »
When I almost missed an item, it always gave me a warning ("You have left some items on the field, are you sure you want to continue?" or something like that).  You could also sometime click the "If you would like to take <item>, mark it on your action chart" sentence, I think.

But yeah, I hope he does the rest.  Games where you can continue your character from one adventure to the next seem so rare these days :/

Offline Michoko

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »
Hi,

Thank you everyone for the very positive feedback.  :-*

FYI, version 1.2 is now available. The biggest addition is a left-handed mode! :)

Here is the full changelog:
- Added a left-handed mode finally! I recoded many things to support this new mode, so if you find a bug, please tell me!
- Now you throw the dice manually during combats, to make them more enjoyable and add a bit of suspense.
- Fixed a screen brightness bug occuring sometimes after flashing the screen.
- Fixed a combat skill bonus bug when you had taken "MindBlast" discipline.
- Added a "Close" button to the map. Also you can now display the map by pressing START/SELECT.
- Other small fixes and improvements.

Now that the game engine is stabilized, I'll begin to work on book II.

Have fun!
Michoko