Author Topic: [PSP GAME] Heartlight Deluxe PSP 1.0  (Read 11059 times)

Offline MK2k

[PSP GAME] Heartlight Deluxe PSP 1.0
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:50:50 AM »
Nickname: MK2k
Projet name : Heartlight Deluxe PSP
Division : PSP Game
Original enter : YES
Support Motion : NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Project description: Written in C using SDL, Heartlight Deluxe PSP is a clone/remake of the classic Epic Megagames' Heartlight, developed by Chaos/xLand Games originally released in 1994, since 2006 under a Creative Commons license. Heartlight Deluxe PSP comes with 70 braincracking Levels, a Level Editor, a Level Recorder (a successful solve of a Level is recorded and can be played back), an exclusive Hardcore Breaks Soundtrack. Please read the readme.txt for details!

Download: http://joerg.sonnt.ag/download/psp/Heartlight_Deluxe_PSP_1.0-MK2k.zip (external link, sorry the filesize of 12MB is way too big for the forum upload)

Screenshots

Main Menu

Level Selector

Level Editor

Ingame Action

More Ingame Action
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:36:49 AM by MK2k »

Offline b0rk

Re: [PSP GAME] Heartlight Deluxe PSP 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 03:27:08 AM »
I always wondered what the "Original enter" field was for. Here you've put YES but the game is also a clone/remake. Can someone explain this to me?

Offline MK2k

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:06 AM »
Well I just took the default answer, as I'm not that certain about it too. The "how to sumbit your project in this compo" thread doesn't explain it.

Offline Mr305

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:39:54 AM »
Well I just took the default answer, as I'm not that certain about it too. The "how to sumbit your project in this compo" thread doesn't explain it.

Original enter == Is this the first time your entry is being entered in this compo.

So this should be YES in this case.  ::sm-15.gif::

Offline MK2k

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 06:54:27 AM »
Thanks Mr305.

Offline wally

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:32:26 AM »
I like to really pick on new games :P Sorry in advance

The music is great, however maybe you could compress it down a lot more.

Please for the love of god, don't map the square button as reset either its kinda  ~sm-34.gif~, if you get so far somewhere then you press square and boom you lose. It'd probably be more acceptable if a confirmation box came up.

Any chance of making the menu more interesting as well? I know you like to stick to the boulderdash look but if you look at boulderdash and supaplex again. They both are much more interesting menus to look at, mapping the start button to the menu would also be an advantage over triangle or start = pause.

Whats the difference between the 1.0 / 3.0 version? Is it possible to split these into two smaller archives for us with rather slow internet :P and maybe use mp3 instead of ogg for the music to cut back on the size a lot more.  Couldn't you just

There is no way to slurp the tile in front of you either. Maybe you could put a timer in to challenge us.

This could be valuable advice for future releases.

Other than that

I LOVE IT TO PIECES, its very unique and really shows potential, I have not seen a boulderdash clone on the PSP yet and have been waiting for ages, I used a lot of bandwidth to download it however it was well worth it!

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:12:29 AM by wally »

Offline MK2k

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »
Thanks for your feedback wally.

The square button issue: In general no button is used for ingame playing (you just have to move the dwarf around), so any other button is mapped to special functions. The square button however is meant to replay a previously solved level, if the current level hasn't been solved before it gets resetted, ok I missed that "feature" in the readme.txt.

The menus will stay as is because they are adopted from the original Heartlight.

The 100 and 3xx versions are for the different Firmware versions the PSP has (100 being Original Firmware 1.00 + Firmware 1.50 with nokxploit patch, 3xx is for Custom Firmwares and also for the PSP Slim+Lite).

I know the game is a rather big download and yes I could have split the different EBOOTs from the data but I know from experience that people tend to not be able to get the stuff together in the right way which would lead in too many emails asking how to install it properly so packed it all up for the easiest-to-install possibility.

The music track is quality and I didn't want to kill quality with too much compression.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:02:44 PM by MK2k »