Author Topic: Legion  (Read 35994 times)

Offline pifreak

Re: Legion
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 03:01:10 AM »
(also, is it okay if I mod it? you don't have it copyrighted or w/e?)

Offline lobo

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 07:00:18 AM »
Sure, go ahead and mod it all you like. Just make sure to keep everything flipped (vertically, usually with characters) and in 8bit .pcx, colors are up to you.

Offline pifreak

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 07:27:02 AM »
what program were the models with?

Offline lobo

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 03:46:31 AM »
3DSmax for the models but in the game it's only possible to change textures as it is.

Offline pifreak

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 05:17:33 AM »
Okay, But I really want to just make some myself to get experiance because it sounds intersting, I have some programming and art experiance but no 3-d modeling yet

Offline lobo

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 02:22:31 PM »
In that case you might try stuff like blender (freeware), maybe even milkshape, at least for the export/import functions of any formats out there including md2.
Hmm..can't think of any decent tutorial but if you search something along the line of 'low poly modeling', you'll certainly find some good stuff out there.
In case you want it all, go with Max, takes some time to adjust to the interface but in the end it's worth poking about.

Offline MagNet

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
In that case you might try stuff like blender (freeware), maybe even milkshape, at least for the export/import functions of any formats out there including md2.
Hmm..can't think of any decent tutorial but if you search something along the line of 'low poly modeling', you'll certainly find some good stuff out there.
In case you want it all, go with Max, takes some time to adjust to the interface but in the end it's worth poking about.
I actually find max more intuitive than blender and maybe even milkshape but I guess it's just because I'm used to it :)

It's a very good piece of software in any way tho.

Offline lobo

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008, 06:22:06 AM »
Me too actually as I was quite confused with blender and hated milkshape from the start. However, back in the day I've started with lightwave and thought that separation of modeler from layout was the best way to go. Looking at max from that perspective, I thought max was insane with 'all those buttons' until I tried it out and I would never go back to anything else cause it is way more logical and easier than it looks.

Offline MagNet

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 04:34:52 AM »
Me too actually as I was quite confused with blender and hated milkshape from the start. However, back in the day I've started with lightwave and thought that separation of modeler from layout was the best way to go. Looking at max from that perspective, I thought max was insane with 'all those buttons' until I tried it out and I would never go back to anything else cause it is way more logical and easier than it looks.
Yeah, and then you start with hotkeys and that's where the fun begins :) (I should learn more tho)
Anyway, if I recall correctly the first modelling software I've used was 3D Canvas and anim8tor, never really got anywhere tho until I tried max and found some tuts, etc. I've also tried out modo but didn't really stay with that either.

Offline HyperJunkie

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »
Hi, im left handed, im sure a lot of other users might be as well.. any chance of an option for left handed gameplay? you know, like swap the functions of the d-pad with the face buttons, so Y and A would move you left and right and the d-pad would be the other main controls, that way we can use the stylus with the left hand and control the character with the right hand thumb.

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »
Isn't it already the case ? I remember implementing it in the game, is it not working well ?

Offline HyperJunkie

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 02:29:28 AM »
my mistake sorry. keep up the good work, love fallout :)