Author Topic: How to Mod Neo 2in1 without 4gb short line  (Read 10554 times)

Offline thecoo1est

How to Mod Neo 2in1 without 4gb short line
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:29:12 AM »
This is how you mod a neo 2in1 that doesnt have the 4gb short line, in the photo below shows that you need to solder a piece of wire to make the connection from the processor to the top of the d14 jumper, line you board up as shown in the picture, you will need to solder the wire to the very last pin on the top right of the processor , then solder the other end to the top of the d14 jumper

Offline angelbe

Re: How to Mod Neo 2in1 without 4gb short line
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »
Hi,

Is this can be confirmed please?
I've do the connection without solder to test but my CF was not recognized on 32gb only 4gb ...

Thank you in advance :)

Offline thecoo1est

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »
well it will not work if you have everything hooked up and turned on, you need to make sure psp is off and that you mantain a good connection from power up, if your just touching it as you say, I would solder, dont try turning it on and after its on try touching a wire to see if it will work because it will not work that way

Offline angelbe

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »
well it will not work if you have everything hooked up and turned on, you need to make sure psp is off and that you mantain a good connection from power up, if your just touching it as you say, I would solder, dont try turning it on and after its on try touching a wire to see if it will work because it will not work that way

Hi thecoo1est,

In fact, when i've received my CF 32gb, i've put in the neo 2in1 and do a format of the CF (format give 4gb of course ...), after i've do the connection you've noticed but without solder, i've just do the connection with a small part of an electrical cable between the 2 points and maintain it with tape.

After power on the psp and do a reformat of the CF, it's always 4gb ... must i reformat the CF under windows to have the 32gb and then put again in psp for a reformat ?

I think CF is maybe blocked on 4gb now ... or when i re plug into psp and reformat psp must be give 32gb ?

For solder the pin of the CPU it's very dificult because is very very small ... it's for that reason i've do first a connection test without solder it ...

Thank's for your help ...
Have a nice day :)

Offline angelbe

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »

Well Well,

I've do the solder you indicated but the neo flash recognize always the Compact Flash in 4gb not 32gb ...

Solder done from the last pin of the processor (free pin) top right to the top of the D14.

Another indication ? An Other idea ?

Thank you

Offline thecoo1est

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »
you need to re-format the card through windows make sure it reads 32gb, then format it again through psp, also you need to run custom firmware on the psp, if you do have custom firmware make sure its 4.01 m33-2, do you have custom firmware installed? it will not recognize 32gb unless you do
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:11:43 PM by thecoo1est »

Offline angelbe

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »
you need to re-format the card through windows make sure it reads 32gb, then format it again through psp, also you need to run custom firmware on the psp, if you do have custom firmware make sure its 4.01 m33-2, do you have custom firmware installed? it will not recognize 32gb unless you do

Must I use the neo flash reader to format the CF under windows ? or must I plus the CF into a usb Card reader and format under windows ?

Offline thecoo1est

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:48:05 AM »
I would recommend a card reader but you should be able to use the neo , just make sure it reads 32gb on your computer before you format it with psp with the psp,    AND MAKE SURE, you are running 4.01 m33-2 custom firmware on psp anything lower than that does not support 32gb

Offline AvesLefer

• NEO newbie
How to Mod Neo 2in1 without 4gb short line
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 10:59:26 PM »
im sory zeron but the link of add ships is good...just i dont see the images at the link for exaple how to add ships try give a new one so il see if it wll fix it pls ty