Author Topic: [NDS] LuAA  (Read 51698 times)

Offline St.Louis

Re: [NDS] Ace Attorney DS
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 05:06:27 AM »
Hmm... I'm not sure why you're getting that problem with .7z. The compression rate was only about 25% from what I remember...

And about the 1337.mp3, I'm glad you asked! It's the .mp3 used in the custom MP3 example, don't tell everyone what it is though :p

I'm talking about the decompressed folder here, I'm not sure we're completely understanding each other... You can't put the .7z directly on your card right?

Another question... Have you already made a case? Could you upload it if that's so?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:17:50 AM by St.Louis »

Offline x711Li

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 05:19:22 AM »
I'm talking about the decompressed folder here, I'm not sure we're completely understanding each other... You can't put the .7z directly on your card right?

Sorry, if I'm not understanding what you're saying. However, yes you can move the .7z onto your card and extract (from what I believe... although I haven't tested this).

What's exactly the problem? You don't have enough space?

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 05:25:34 AM »
Sorry, if I'm not understanding what you're saying. However, yes you can move the .7z onto your card and extract (from what I believe... although I haven't tested this).

What's exactly the problem? You don't have enough space?

The thing is, when you right click a folder it always gives you 2 sizes. On my computer these sizes are 60 and 77 mb.
When I copy the whole folder to my flashcard the sizes changed. There they are 60 and 105 mb or something. That's way bigger than 77, forcing me to remove an extra game. Is there a way to turn the 105 back into 77.
That was basically my question, now explained a little clearer (last time i posted it with dsorganise, so I couldn't typ a lot, that takes ages)

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 05:27:13 AM »
The thing is, when you right click a folder it always gives you 2 sizes. On my computer these sizes are 60 and 77 mb.
When I copy the whole folder to my flashcard the sizes changed. There they are 60 and 105 mb or something. That's way bigger than 77, forcing me to remove an extra game. Is there a way to turn the 105 back into 77.
That was basically my question, now explained a little clearer (last time i posted it with dsorganise, so I couldn't typ a lot, that takes ages)

ps, I'm running trough the tuts now, can't wait to start creating a case (I think imma make a case death note style, that'd be pretty cool)

Offline x711Li

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 05:39:23 AM »
ps, I'm running trough the tuts now, can't wait to start creating a case (I think imma make a case death note style, that'd be pretty cool)

Haha, well. If you need any Ace Attorney sprites, there's lots of people here that have some sprites:

http://forums.court-records.net/sprites/

Just be sure to ask their permission to use them.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 05:57:08 AM »
Haha, well. If you need any Ace Attorney sprites, there's lots of people here that have some sprites:

http://forums.court-records.net/sprites/

Just be sure to ask their permission to use them.

Wow, thanks a ton! If there aren't any dn sprites already I'm sure someone there wants to make em ^^ Saves me a lot of work :P

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 03:21:45 AM »
WAAA big trouble!  ??? I've made my first ever sprite, a death note phoenix wright style one of Yagami Light, but if I run that little program to put sprites into .bins, it says  it can only convert 256 color images. I've tried to save the sprite as a 256 color .bmp but it turned out horrible... His face turns white with some green spots on it and it's ugly  :'( Is there a way to keep the normal colors and get it in a .bin? It'd suck if I couldn't use my first sprite ever made  ~sm-39.gif~
Do you have a solution?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:28:00 AM by St.Louis »

Offline x711Li

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 03:47:25 AM »
WAAA big trouble!  ??? I've made my first ever sprite, a death note phoenix wright style one of Yagami Light, but if I run that little program to put sprites into .bins, it says  it can only convert 256 color images. I've tried to save the sprite as a 256 color .bmp but it turned out horrible... His face turns white with some green spots on it and it's ugly  :'( Is there a way to keep the normal colors and get it in a .bin? It'd suck if I couldn't use my first sprite ever made  ~sm-39.gif~
Do you have a solution?

Paste the image here and I'll convert it to 256 colors by exporting it as a .gif.

Or you can do it yourself :p

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 04:01:06 AM »
Paste the image here and I'll convert it to 256 colors by exporting it as a .gif.

Or you can do it yourself :p

Wow, saving as .gif does the trick? hehe, I've looked on the internet searching for hours, I guess, I just suck at finding things
:P

Just exported them as .gifs, I couldn't believe I didn't know this ;-) Thanks, you really helped me out

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 05:57:40 AM »
Another small (well, actually a kinda vital) problem. I've done as you said, exported them as gifs and run the converter, got some .bin files out of it and it was a happily ever after. So I thought, at least. When I put the sprite in a case it didn't show up  ::sm-03:: this is the part I put in my init.ini, maybe you see that there's something wrong with it (I don't...)

[Sprite1001]
Name=Lightneutral
FolderName=Custom/Tryout
Loop=1
Frames=4
Speed=0

Is there be anything else I might have screwed up?

Offline x711Li

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 06:52:47 AM »
Another small (well, actually a kinda vital) problem. I've done as you said, exported them as gifs and run the converter, got some .bin files out of it and it was a happily ever after. So I thought, at least. When I put the sprite in a case it didn't show up  ::sm-03:: this is the part I put in my init.ini, maybe you see that there's something wrong with it (I don't...)

[Sprite1001]
Name=Lightneutral
FolderName=Custom/Tryout
Loop=1
Frames=4
Speed=0

Is there be anything else I might have screwed up?

Ah... whoops!

The Sprite ID must be in between 5001 and 99999.

I can't believe I forgot to specify that... haha sorry.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 12:46:55 AM »
Ah... whoops!

The Sprite ID must be in between 5001 and 99999.

I can't believe I forgot to specify that... haha sorry.
Doesn't matter, mistakes are human
 ::sm-22.gif:: Well, I'd better get to work again I guess ^^ (Wow, my schoolwork is suffering from this program :-P) I'll post if anything else comes up ;-)

Offline x711Li

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 09:18:15 AM »
Judges, please do not use this in your reviews.

I updated to version 1.1.

Features include:

+ MP3 playing is now fixed
+ Movie support
+ Correct SFX for buttons
+ Fixed lagging custom animation
+ Fixed testimony prompt

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/949801...ney_DS_v11.html

^ ROM.

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 01:00:13 AM »
Judges, please do not use this in your reviews.

I updated to version 1.1.

Features include:

+ MP3 playing is now fixed
+ Movie support
+ Correct SFX for buttons
+ Fixed lagging custom animation
+ Fixed testimony prompt

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/949801...ney_DS_v11.html

^ ROM.

Whohoo ^^ Thanks Core! I'm gonna download it now!

erm... link is dead or something...

I've got it ^^ Just... replace it with the one on my ds and job's done?

Ps, how come it's smaller?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 02:09:58 AM by St.Louis »

Offline St.Louis

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 07:51:04 AM »
I'm on dsO right now, so I couldn't edit my other post, but I tought you might wanted to know there's a pretty big bug in this new version. There's something wrong with the 255 event. When it's triggered, the app just freezes. It's kinda annoying...