Author Topic: Operation Libra  (Read 54178 times)

Offline paul3100

Re: Operation Libra
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »
Iv tried 2 different versions of this and can't get either to rn on my scs1 SDHC , just sits there loading......

I have tried with patch on/off , in the root of my sd card and in folders but it just sits on the main sc screen and says " wait - Loading please wait "

paul

Offline x711Li

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »
Iv tried 2 different versions of this and can't get either to rn on my scs1 SDHC , just sits there loading......

I have tried with patch on/off , in the root of my sd card and in folders but it just sits on the main sc screen and says " wait - Loading please wait "

paul

" wait - Loading please wait " is a message you get from the firmware of your card.

The first function that is used on the ROM is initializing libFAT, which you'll have to manually DLDI patch your ROM for, if your auto-DLDI patching card is not working.

I have tested the game on no$gba emulator, R6 Gold and R4DS, and Operation Libra runs fine on all 3 platforms.

Offline M. Lucanius

• Sola Scriptura
    • visit Wretched!
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 12:44:09 AM »
If it helps any, I just tested it on an M3 DS REAL. The M3 couldn't auto patch it but I got it to run using Chism's loader via DSision.  :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:47:16 AM by M. Lucanius »
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't.

Offline x711Li

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 04:56:06 AM »

paul

I saw your post here:

http://forum.supercard.sc/archiver/tid-1614.html

It seems that the SCS1 SDHC has auto-patching... I can't explain why it won't load on your card. Sorry.

You can however, play it on an emulator (http://nocash.emubase.de/no$gba-w.zip). I know for a fact that it works on all the Neoflash products (a friend of mine tested on his DSTT).

Offline x711Li

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 06:02:12 AM »
Just asking a question before the contest deadline comes along:

I just updated to devkitARM 26, with maxmod compatibility.

My question is:

is the music decent? As in, does it fit in with the game?

If there needs to an improvement in the music, please reply. I might switch over the devkitARM 26 and change the music.

Offline BranMuffin

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 08:47:42 AM »
oh my goshhh

i just finished ur game and it was seriously amazing, start to finish!

i'm going to repeat myself again, you and ur team did not remake a game. you guys MADE a game. from scratch, with art, a storyline, gameplay, everything. The idea is so original. The concept is cool. you even had beta testers

the fact that the other entries are all clones of old games is a real bummer

like seriously:

omg wtf - tetris clone
around the clock - darts clone
dsdice - yahtzee clone
xplosive combt/stargrazer - galaga clones
drons - tron clone
hangman - hangman
you have to burn the rope - you have to burn the rope

this compo is a clone war! LOL

anyways bro, rock on
 ~sm-36.gif~

Offline Gaz

• DS Homebrew
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »

I challenge you to find a game like it?  I didn't look at any dart games when I created this.  Around The Clock - classic pub game is only based on the singles on a dart board.  This is an original version that uses Doubles and Trebles as alt levels.  The power bar was something I though may be good; and probably a unique mechanism for this type of game? And your racing against the clock; it’s not a two player game.

However, I don’t really want to state the point on B12Cores entry post; pop onto my post and I will be happy to discuss it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:15:31 AM by Gaz »

Offline phoenixclaws

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 09:15:57 AM »
Fun so far, but I had to use a different loader to boot the game.

My Acekard2i couldn't boot it natively so I happen to have a clever homebrew program call DSi4DS which makes the DS/L boot menu look like a native DSi's. It ran through that without trouble.

Offline LaPatateInc

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 10:19:04 AM »
Quote from: BranMuffin link=topic=5696.msg40068#msg40068

like seriously:

Actually, I added very lots of stuff, it could almost be called a new game. ; )

But it's true that this game has something more than the others. It was written from complete scratch, which is awesome. I really like your game, it feels like it is a commercial game =P
By the way, this is a port of B12Core flash game.

Quote from: B12Core
Over the course of a month, the art and game engine were created in Flash and was later used for the intended project. However, a month after, I decided to port this onto the DS and see how it would go.

And do you intend traducing it ? If you want to, I offer myself for french language.

And #2 : I have a request : Skip text to end with a Stylus Touch...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:41:43 AM by LaPatateInc »

Offline x711Li

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 10:58:26 AM »
oh my goshhh

i just finished ur game and it was seriously amazing, start to finish!

i'm going to repeat myself again, you and ur team did not remake a game. you guys MADE a game. from scratch, with art, a storyline, gameplay, everything. The idea is so original. The concept is cool. you even had beta testers

like seriously:

omg wtf - tetris clone
dsdice - yahtzee clone
xplosive combt/stargrazer - galaga clones
drons - tron clone
hangman - hangman

anyways bro, rock on
 ~sm-36.gif~

haha... thank you. Your input is well appreciated. However, please don't cause drama on my thread >_<

Actually, I added very lots of stuff, it could almost be called a new game. ; )

But it's true that this game has something more than the others. It was written from complete scratch, which is awesome. I really like your game, it feels like it is a commercial game =P
By the way, this is a port of B12Core flash game.

And do you intend traducing it ? If you want to, I offer myself for french language.

And #2 : I have a request : Skip text to end with a Stylus Touch...

I will fulfill that request haha

and yes, please if you could translate it, that would be excellent. My french is very poor. I will upload a pastebin of all the words used in the game. Merci beaucoup

Offline blastyrant

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 11:07:22 AM »
this is very well executed, good sounds, good graphics, good story, fun to play on the ds, etc.

this game, however, is lacking an intro. 5 min of text is a little much to sit through. the intro needs some graphics to accompany the story.

i hope you add one eventually.

Offline x711Li

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »
this is very well executed, good sounds, good graphics, good story, fun to play on the ds, etc.

this game, however, is lacking an intro. 5 min of text is a little much to sit through. the intro needs some graphics to accompany the story.

i hope you add one eventually.

I have added 3 images so far in the introduction scene.

Sadly enough, my artist is in China at the moment and I can't get any more art than I have at my disposal. (the artist is on vacation)

Sorry.

Offline blastyrant

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »
no need to be sorry, i wasn't trying to be negative with my text. it is good to know that a full intro is pending! =)

Offline x711Li

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:43 AM »
no need to be sorry, i wasn't trying to be negative with my text. it is good to know that a full intro is pending! =)

haha, it's no problem. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Offline LaPatateInc

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 11:38:59 AM »
So you are going to send me a PM or post it here ?