Author Topic: contest: NDS GAME - ArkanoiDS - By: Diffuse  (Read 14140 times)

Offline d3tr0it

Re: contest: NDS GAME - ArkanoiDS - By: Diffuse
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 03:34:30 AM »
Dont know what version i've got but i am unable to die? :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 03:36:56 AM by d3tr0it »

Offline rize

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 04:09:59 AM »
"About the ball physics, I know the're not great. But they do work, I just find it hard to sometimes get the last brick or so but after testing this game so many times I think I mastered it"

Well it's not about whether or not you can beat it, it's about control.  The more in control the player is of the game, the more fun it is to play!  If the paddle is more sensative to the way you use it to strike the ball, the player will feel more in control of the game and thus enjoy it more.

Offline Diffuse

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 07:39:04 AM »
I wasen't trying to contradict anything you say, sorry that it maybe sounded like that... (im not english). But yeah I know exactly what you mean, I do agree that it would be funner if you had more control over the angles and the speed etc... And d3tr0it, you *can* die (you'll see the game over screen) but if you go back to start game then you'll be where you left off. This was done like that so that you don't get fustrated etc...

If ever I sound rude I really don't mean it. Like I said im not english.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 07:44:18 AM by Diffuse »

Offline rize

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 07:45:28 AM »
No offense taken at any time, no worries!  :)

Offline d3tr0it

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 11:07:17 AM »
And d3tr0it, you *can* die (you'll see the game over screen) but if you go back to start game then you'll be where you left off. This was done like that so that you don't get fustrated etc...

No I did not see any game over screen.. My ball just kept bouncing on *every* wall. But I tried downloading again and now I can play it properly.
Guess I had an old version.