Author Topic: A Tint of MENUdo - Doodle  (Read 20815 times)

Offline soulanger

A Tint of MENUdo - Doodle
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:32:58 AM »
Nickname: Soulanger
Project name : A Tint of MENUdo - Doodle
Division : NDS APP
Original entry : YES
Support Motion : YES
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO

A tint of MENUdo - Doodle
NeoFlash 2009 Release
------------
Basically, a slopily trimmed, standalone demo of an internal app of an incoming OS. I did not had enough time to polish this demo.
This should not be confused as the final product.

Motion: Hold A to use while waving in the air. To use your motion kit as a stylus.
------------
Created by: Soulanger

This is completely different with UApaint.
If you want a complete and very handy drawing app, and was not satisfied with this demo, UApaint is what I recommend.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:49:55 AM by soulanger »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: A tint of MENUdo - Doodle
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »
So you made it in time? Nice!

But it isn't an original entry... ~sm-31.gif~

Ahhh sorry , this is a paint app for menudo ... >:( ::sm-01:: ~sm-34.gif~ ~sm-36.gif~
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:48:11 AM by Conle »

Offline soulanger

Re: A Tint of MENUdo - Doodle
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 12:48:02 AM »
It's not actually MENUdo. ^^"
Its actually just a demo of its doodle app. ._.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:48:45 AM »
Haha , i edited my post at the same time ~sm-42.gif~ ::sm-24.gif:: ::sm-12.gif:: ::sm-12.gif:: ~sm-37.gif~
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:50:18 AM by Conle »

Offline BassAceGold

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »
It's pretty good. Only had a minor problem with the screens switching on me (drawing on the top screen when trying to select color and the opposite on the draw screen).  Sliders go a little off track when moving them. Other then that it does what it's supposed to :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:59:49 AM by bassacegold »

Offline Skyline969

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 01:10:47 AM »
I think it's a pretty useful app, personally. It's good for when you want to make quick notes, or even when you're bored and just want to make a random doodle - hence the name. =P

Offline BassAceGold

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27:52 AM »
I think it's a pretty useful app, personally. It's good for when you want to make quick notes, or even when you're bored and just want to make a random doodle - hence the name. =P

Like every other paint app for the DS? :P

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 01:38:55 AM »

Take a look at this:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5698.0.html

Offline SignZ

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
Soo. I finally found here. So lemme see...
I tried this small app (btw nice name menu"doodle")
Anyway.
First: It does what it has to do
Second: For me it runs smoothly
Third: Big pluspoint - boots faster than uapaint (sry bass :P)
Fourth: It's just great to draw mobile and to take quick notes

So all in all: If this is just a small part of the whole MenuDo I'm looking forward to the complete one :D
Thou shalt not ignore God's SignZ

Offline BassAceGold

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 08:05:44 AM »
Just did some testing... UA Paint takes a little less then 1 second longer than Doodle to load (due to the fades)  ~sm-45.gif~

Offline leinad

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »
First: It does what it has to do
Well, almost every paint app does that

Second: For me it runs smoothly
Here again, as long you use such simple fucntions like included in this paint-app it is smoothly with every paint-app

Third: Big pluspoint - boots faster than uapaint
I tried it several times, but the only difference I recognize is about a second or two.

Fourth: It's just great to draw mobile and to take quick notes
And again... every paint-app on the NDS is capacible of that, its not required to reinvent the circle.

Ive had a first impression on MenuDo some time ago, and as a complete piece with everything included it could become a realy decent piece of homebrew.

Soulanger: I dont get what you're trying with this (and the little mikmod player), but IMO it's just adding more scratches on the image of MenuDo (*eherm*first demo*eherm*)

However, your entry was REALY late; In the end its Dr.Neo's decision if your entries are accepted, but IMO rules are rules. The "ends on 20th" already gave enough room for interpreting it as "ends when 20th ended everywhere on the world". From my point of view you overdid it.
-n00bey

Offline SignZ

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 08:18:37 AM »
Hrm, I think the "slow" uapaint was an old one (sry bass)
Well yeah I know any paint app is like what i posted but this one here is fine as it doesn't need 238574385 functions. It's just simple and fine
Thou shalt not ignore God's SignZ

Offline soulanger

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
Warning post contains flames.

I'm a person who rarely flame.
Im sorry about this.

Ive had a first impression on MenuDo some time ago, and as a complete piece with everything included it could become a realy decent piece of homebrew.
Sigh.. decent, huh? Are you pointing out its generic? Back in the IRC, you told me it was pretty fine homebrew after you tried it for a minute. Really... A minute? ._. Heck, for an impression you didnt even checked out all the features. Hell, you never even told me anything. >_> I prefer it alot more if gave an actual reason why it was so decent or anything.

Was the engine bad?
It's decent.
How was the themes?
It's decent.
Did you try changing themes?
No, it crushed.
Are you gonna try again?
Nah.

Hurray! Best review ever! If you dont know the others who did it, gave detailed impressions for me. I did like how -- Spinal_cord, Granville, fgghjjkll, Skyline969, seedvt, mercluke, Noitora, Raiyu, and a lot more -- posted how good and maybe how bad MENUdo was. I take critisms, its just that I wanna know why you hate or like things. I normally never believe, opinions if there isnt anything behind it.

Edit:
Nah, actually I lied. I think you did give me one, suggestion. Detect if there is a slot-2 inserted, before running gba boot. Thanks man! ^^
P.S. I do know what build I gave to everybody. If something happens in the next couple of days. Heh. ^^"

Soulanger: I dont get what you're trying with this (and the little mikmod player), but IMO it's just adding more scratches on the image of MenuDo (*eherm*first demo*eherm*)
Ooouu, I do like the word little.  :-*
Yes yes I do understand that your words are more important that those other people who tried my stuff. This is because your a coding god am I right?
Even if there are people who liked it, your opinion matters most. IMO. :)

However, your entry was REALY late; In the end its Dr.Neo's decision if your entries are accepted, but IMO rules are rules. The "ends on 20th" already gave enough room for interpreting it as "ends when 20th ended everywhere on the world". From my point of view you overdid it.
... ^^" Did I ever said it matters if I was able to join the compo? Did I beg for to join? Well yeah.. I guess I really overdone it this time. ._.
I'm not sure why do you sound so intimidated, or being high and mighty about this. Your completely different than the person I know before, I always considered you as a friend. It saddens me that you changed so much. :(

Sorry, but I REALLY apologize for this.  ~sm-40.gif~
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:17:21 PM by soulanger »

Offline ShadowEO

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »

What are these scratches you say are on the image of MENUdo? The first demo doesn't even compare to this... He said it wasn't even a final version, A beta isn't supposed to be exactly like a final. He didn't overdo it because he was even rushing to make the deadline, he was even devastated when he missed it. He looked forward to releasing some MENUdo on the deadline. You guys made him lose confidence by saying that he overdid things and that this puts "scratches on the image of MENUdo." The original demo has nothing to do with this people, put it aside!

Offline arrpirate

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
All I can do is laugh. UAPaint is clearly the superior program. This program is very simplistic and doesn't wow me in any way, and neither does the immaturity of the author. This is a competition. You should act professional.

I have several problems with this app:

1) It was entered past the deadline and should not be allowed to enter the contest. And yes, you did actually say you wanted to enter this contest, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it into the contest forum.

2) It's a part of an entry that was entered previously. While this part is new, the program it belongs to is not. It is not an original entry. If you consider it one then next compo I will rip the Garbage mode out of my tetris game and enter that as an original entry.

3) It's a demo, an unfinished product. Why on earth would you enter a demo into a competition?

A competition is not the place to start a flame war and doing so will only harm your chances of winning, not that you should even be allowed to enter the contest in the first place seeing as you were past the deadline.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:30:49 PM by arrpirate »