Author Topic: A Tint of MENUdo - Doodle  (Read 20816 times)

Offline soulanger

Re: A Tint of MENUdo - Doodle
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 02:57:02 PM »
I am again sorry for this post. Please skip this if you dont like flames cause even I dont like it.

Flame continues

Oho im so sorry arrpirate.  ~sm-44.gif~

Its a pleasure to make you happy. :)

I never tried to fight UApaint anyway. I already stated it.

Yeah, I never actually said I wouldnt want to enter.
It's better if I was considered as an entry. I said I was pretty fine with the idea that my program will be disqualified in the competition. n00bey was making me look like I was begging to be in.

All I wanted was some ideas and critisms to make it better but then n00bey came up. Read it... Dont make it look like im a bad person.

I know he's your friend, arr. I was your friend, n00b was my friend. I dont know what ever happened, but you guys seemed to hate me now.

Oh about the title, let me call it Doodle instead. Now go find if its related with MENUdo. :) Oh btw, there is score decrease, if the old program -- as you claim -- didnt got into the top 10. MENUdo was last, before. :)

DONT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A BAD PERSON

P.S. I purposely didnt check the typo and grammar, just to make it laughable. :)

EDIT: Seems like you edited your post. I didnt want a flame war. I didnt started it.  ~sm-34.gif~ Heck I even posted some warnings on my flames, if I did like it, I wont add those. Stop making me look like a bad person.. Damn it and I really thought you guys were friends.. Yeah.. Laugh at me now!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:00:47 PM by soulanger »

Offline Skyline969

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
All I can do is laugh. UAPaint is clearly the superior program. This program is very simplistic and doesn't wow me in any way, and neither does the immaturity of the author. This is a competition. You should act professional.

I have several problems with this app:

1) It was entered past the deadline and should not be allowed to enter the contest. And yes, you did actually say you wanted to enter this contest, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it into the contest forum.

2) It's a part of an entry that was entered previously. While this part is new, the program it belongs to is not. It is not an original entry. If you consider it one then next compo I will rip the Garbage mode out of my tetris game and enter that as an original entry.

3) It's a demo, an unfinished product. Why on earth would you enter a demo into a competition?

A competition is not the place to start a flame war and doing so will only harm your chances of winning, not that you should even be allowed to enter the contest in the first place seeing as you were past the deadline.

You say that this is not the place to start a flame war, but you're being hypocritical. What do you think you just did? Bashing that hard flamed Soul, and you're setting yourself up for someone else to flame you. Honestly, think before you speak. What applies to others also applies to you.

Offline ShadowEO

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »
Please madam, I have seen many a demo during my browsing of older NeoFlash competition threads. And techincally there are little to no similarities between the program soulanger posted last year and the program that will be posted, I believe then that it should count as an original program. Doodle is but a small part of a program but it is not that program itself, therefore I will agree that any other program by soulanger named Doodle is not an original entry, but MENUdo would be. Same goes with Player. The "demo" that soulanger posted last year doesn't even fall within the same category. It was not made for functionality, it was made to show that something could be done that hadn't been done in an application before, It was not an application at all but a tech demo. I believe that a tech demo, does not qualify as an application at all, an application has functionality whereas XMBLite had none. So I restate my argument to you, MENUdo would be an original program. Also I must agree with Skyline, you have the bulge to get on us for how we're being protective but you are being just as bad by pointing it out. The mature behavior for someone of your status would be to ignore such a post and go on with your life, am I correct? Flame posts are to be handled at the moderator's discretion.

P.S. Honestly, A menu became a drawing app? Were we all drunk when this happened? Honestly.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:12:14 PM by ShadowEO »

Offline arrpirate

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 03:14:31 PM »
First things first. n00bey is not my friend. In fact, I currently don't like him very much. I replied to this post because I am going to review every game and every app and so I am reading the entire forum.

Second, you are making yourself seem like a bad person. You are making yourself seem like you are whiny and like you're immature.

As for why I edited my previous post, I typoed in the last paragraph and so I fixed it.

As for Skyline's post, I did not flame. I acted maturely and put thought into my post as well as this one. I am criticizing the program and especially the behaviour of the author in a mature and well thought out manner. That is not a flame. A flame is designed only to cause trouble or to play with the emotions of others.

And finally, as for ShadowEO's post. The reason I said that it shouldn't count as an original post is because Dr. Neo said that rewrites of programs count as the same program. The author of the program claims it is a part of menudo and while the old version of menudo doesn't contain this doodle app, the new version will and thus will be a rewrite and thus will be part of the original program. Using this logic, it is not an original entry.

I get that you guys are protective of your friend but all you guys are doing is ruining any chance he has. If you guys were intelligent or mature you'd quit now, perhaps post an apology for acting as you have, and then quit posting stuff like this in a competition forum.

Offline mercluke

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
menudo is soulanger's middle name (his parents are food critics and love to eat)
by a little bit of menudo he means he put a bit of himself into it, this is completely unrelated to another project of his (xmblite: menudo) which is a menu, this is a paint app

ps. i love these penguin emotes  ~sm-42.gif~

Offline soulanger

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »
All I can do is laugh. UAPaint is clearly the superior program. This program is very simplistic and doesn't wow me in any way, and neither does the immaturity of the author. This is a competition. You should act professional.
I replied to this post because I am going to review every game and every app and so I am reading the entire forum.
Okay then, if you are a reviewer, please tell me. Why you werent wowed, and dont judge my unprofessionality -- if it is what you believe I am. You  judged the politics around my program and not the program itself. Really, I would be happy, if you criticize my program. It was the real reason, I flamed that post in the first place. Nothing is about the program. You say I'm unprofessional, yet your starting to judge my program with your hatred for me. Which I dont know why..

And finally, as for ShadowEO's post. The reason I said that it shouldn't count as an original post is because Dr. Neo said that rewrites of programs count as the same program. The author of the program claims it is a part of menudo and while the old version of menudo doesn't contain this doodle app, the new version will and thus will be a rewrite and thus will be part of the original program. Using this logic, it is not an original entry.
Hrmm, shouldnt my next entry will be the one at fault? The complete MENUdo? Uhmm, im pretty sure you'll defend that. Okay... What if I dont merge it with MENUdo?

I get that you guys are protective of your friend but all you guys are doing is ruining any chance he has. If you guys were intelligent or mature you'd quit now, perhaps post an apology for acting as you have, and then quit posting stuff like this in a competition forum.
._. I assure I'm not desperate. If I'm out, then I'm out and you tell me I'm not profesional. >_>

PS. Sorry about the top 10 thingy. That was messed up.. My fault. ^^"

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
soulanger , i think that your flaming people without reason , when yesterday ... everyone saw your second account when you accidentally posted screenshots with "Skyline969" account.

Its shame and please stop flaming! And show some respect to the lady  ~sm-31.gif~ .

Offline soulanger

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »
Conle please read the thread... Sorry. If I sounded rude, but yeah. ^^"
You can choose you side you are with after then.

About skyline.. ^^"
I asked him to take a snappy but he posted it over here. ^^"

Offline Skyline969

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
The author of the program claims it is a part of menudo and while the old version of menudo doesn't contain this doodle app, the new version will and thus will be a rewrite and thus will be part of the original program. Using this logic, it is not an original entry.

Now let's think here for a sec. The previous entry of MENUdo was a simple XMB concept, yes? This is completely separate from that entry, as it isn't a MENUdo entry, this is just an app. Soul isn't entering MENUdo into the competition! Therefore, regardless of what this app's future holds, it is currently a standalone application, not a part of MENUdo, and should be considered as a valid entry.

And I beg your pardon? I'm not Soulanger, and I can prove it. If a mod would kindly check my IP and check Soul's, we're not even on the same continent!

Offline mercluke

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »
@conle
skyline is not a dupe account of soul, he's a tester who was asked to take screenshots of menudo

dr neo can do an ip trace if you beleive they are infact dupe accounts..

EDIT:(fixed "colne" typo)

Offline arrpirate

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
First, IPs mean nothing. I can change my IP to dozens if different things right now. I can make it look like I'm in the US for one post, Canada for another, Africa for still another, and then just for giggles, I can make it look like I'm in Germany. IPs can very easily be faked. It's called a proxy.

Second, thank you Conle!

Third, he claimed it's part of menudo. That makes it part of menudo. Part of a rewrite. It calls it into question and I think it's in a grey area.

And as for the review, I never, ever, bring personal stuff into reviewing the games and apps. I haven't reviewed your program yet and I likely wont for some time. When I do you can read it along with all other posts and at that time if you feel like I judged you unfairly you can bring it up. Until that point, I will treat you like I think you deserve to be treated which is currently as an immature child.

Offline Skyline969

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »
You gotta give your head a shake if you think Soulanger and I are one and the same. Like I said, the IP Trace can prove a point, and take a look around the internet. In fact, google Skyline969 and then google Soulanger. We're completely different - I am more known for my contributions to the PSP community, while Soul is obviously known for contributions to the DS community. And lastly, take a look at a very simple identifying characteristic - our dialect is completely different! Soul and I speak nothing alike!

Please, if you want to stick to the false belief that Soul and I are the same person, you're horribly mistaken.

Offline soulanger

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
You said it didnt wow you.. Couldnt you easily give a reason why?
Its like this.. I hate walking -- because -- it makes me tired.
Thats the only thing I wanted.. Please add -- because.  :'(

To show you that I'm not a bad person, and I really dont like this flame.
Let me lock this, thread..

Offline soulanger

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
@Dr Neo: Thanks for confirming this. :)
But if I could ask a favor to the reviewers. If they want, can please review my program? That's pretty much the point I wanted to post this anyway. ^^"
I wanna know what people think of it cause I wanna improve it. :)
So far the reception in other sites are pretty nice... Not that much over here tho. I'll open up my threads hopefully the flames are gone. ^^"

Neo already confirmed that my program is not in the competition. So please stop the flames. All I wanted was some comments. Thank you.

Offline haukyen

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »
i cannot get this working on my card...