Author Topic: the NEO N64 Myth cart SPEC v2 ,in stock now!  (Read 109510 times)

Offline keropi

Re: the NEO N64 Myth cart SPEC v2 ,in stock now!
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »
I wish there was a way to put a CIC chip inside the cart, so u don't have to  use a n64 cart in the back....  ::sm-08.gif::

Offline RGB_Gamer

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
That would be nice. If that was possible, the cart slot would be unnecessary.
Doesn't bother me much to have a boot cart, especially since mine is black to match the myth cart!

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2010, 09:59:33 AM »
I wish there was a way to put a CIC chip inside the cart, so u don't have to  use a n64 cart in the back....  ::sm-08.gif::

You mean like this?

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5908.msg43022.html#msg43022
 ~sm-42.gif~

Offline keropi

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »

Offline Imgema

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »
I would like to ask a few questions, as i'm really interested about this:

-I know that the card itself is region free. BUT, will i be able to load US games on my PAL console? It will be useless for me to go back to trashy PAL conversions.

-Will you be able to use more than 2 games? I'm asking this because of the switch button that limits the choices to 2.

-Is it compatible with unemulated yet games like World Driver Championship, Battle for Naboo and Indiana Jones? Has anyone tested those games?

If the answer is yes on all 3, i will start saving money  ::sm-08.gif::

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »
I haven't been able to load NTSC games on a PAL system. The few that I tried either gave a black screen or said not designed for this system. I was able to run a patched version of the JPN Neon Genesis. There must be a way to patch other games. I haven't tried using an NTSC boot carts since all my carts are PAL.

It will be possible to select from more than 2 games once a menu is developed.

I haven't tested those games but they should be compatible.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:32:36 PM by Sektor »

Offline Imgema

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »
I haven't been able to load US games on a PAL system. The few that I tried either gave a black screen or said not designed for this system. I was able to run a patched version of the JPN Neon Genesis. There must be a way to patch other games.

Oh no! :'(

This was the most important thing for me. I would still buy it if the answer to the next 2 questions was a no, as long as the first was yes.

Is there any way for this to be fixed in a future update?

Anyway, thank you very much for the fast response

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
i did was able to load pal games on ntsc without a patch, but the screen jumps, and as i can see from sektor right now it's not possible lo load ntsc on apl without patch, if there are patch roms for some ntsc games to pal and works fine, it's possible to create a software that patch the roms before burn it, it even can be added to the same neo2 ultra menu, i guess.

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:14 PM »
"-I know that the card itself is region free. BUT, will i be able to load US games on my PAL console? It will be useless for me to go back to trashy PAL conversions.

-Will you be able to use more than 2 games? I'm asking this because of the switch button that limits the choices to 2.

-Is it compatible with unemulated yet games like World Driver Championship, Battle for Naboo and Indiana Jones? Has anyone tested those games?"

Hello, I did not yet get the Neo N64 Myth cart, so I might be wrong:

1. From what I know, you can not load NTSC games on a Pal console without patching the games, or using an import adapter like the Blaze v4. I tried this on my Doctor v64 jr and was successful:

Console = Pal
Doctor v64 jr with an NTSC bootgame (in the back) and an NTSC Rom
Import Adapter v1 with a Pal bootgame in the back

For unprotected games, this will work, however some games require you to have the Blaze v4 import adapter.

So basically the Doctor v64 jr reacts like a normal game card. If you try to boot NTSC games on a Pal system without an import Adapter, you need a patch for every game.

2. At the moment you are limited to 2 games. This will change when the final menu will be released, and when sd compatibility is available.

3. Unemulated games are supported, at least when the region matches. Indiana Jones works fine for me on my NTSC console. However, I was never able to patch it, to work on a Pal System without an import adapter.

By the way, did you know that you can use an NTSC console with a Pal Power Supply and Video Cables? You can find NTSC consoles for about 25 dollars on ebay and use them to play NTSC Roms. (I am not sure if you need an NTSC Bootcartridge with the Neo N64 Myth, but almost sure that you need one.)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2010, 03:25:11 AM »
I would like to ask a few questions, as i'm really interested about this:

-I know that the card itself is region free. BUT, will i be able to load US games on my PAL console? It will be useless for me to go back to trashy PAL conversions.

There are region free games that will play without patches(for example Excitebike) and run at 60hz , but most of them will need patching.

There will be a plugin soon available that will do this very easily.

-Is it compatible with unemulated yet games like World Driver Championship, Battle for Naboo and Indiana Jones? Has anyone tested those games?

It should be , but i will test them for you now.Check the testers report thread shortly
 ~sm-37.gif~

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2010, 05:24:09 AM »
i already check by myself, Battle for naboo, indiana jones and world driver champiosbhip, all them works perfect: boot ok and save fine : ), here are some pics, taken far from tv so you can se the N64 (look for the red light at left of tv) with Neo myth cart and the tv with the games:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:24:56 AM by aleomark »

Offline Nintendud

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2010, 05:59:26 AM »
I just placed a bulk order last night for my friends and I.

I'm really looking forward to when the package is shipped out and arrives at my door! We even got Neo 2 SD carts so we can use SD cards once the coding machine gets it up and running (no rush, though)!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: WHOA! My order has shipped! Awesome!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:34:30 AM by Nintendud »

Offline DjoeN

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2010, 06:18:34 AM »
got mine, but still not tested cause i aint that much home due to alot of work
Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline Imgema

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
Thank you all for your responses, you've been really helpful.  ~sm-44.gif~

Offline RGB_Gamer

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:01 AM »
Thank you all for your responses, you've been really helpful.  ~sm-44.gif~

I hear ya, I am on the same boat. I will be doing extensive testing
this weekend and see how it compares to my Z64. I do hope they fix the
issues with slow loading soon and offer Neo2-SD support.