Author Topic: Testers report thread  (Read 65175 times)

Offline MockyLock

Re: Testers report thread
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
Hello all, me again.
So I recovered the 512 Mb, and tried to burn a 512 Mb game (Conker or Resident Evil 2) to fill the memory ; but every game I try to burn fail in Verifying data.
And after each Verifying data failed, I loose some memory, leaving 510, 509 or 507 Mb.
Hopefully, for the moment, I could get back the whole 512 Mb aech time, but if I can't burn any game, it's usefull.
I used 3 different USB cable (not the yellow one), and tried on 2 USB port on my motherboard, and on a USB Hub.
I also tried Neo2Menu 2.93, 2.95, 2.98, 2.99...
The Neo Myth  64 seems to be a bit touchy, not ?

Offline sanni

« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2010, 07:25:20 PM »
This is the USB cable I'm using, no problems so far.

It also has this big round thing at one end thats helps to improve the signal.
It's from a Sandisk Sansa MP3 Player.  :)

Offline Taxititan

« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »
Hi there all testers.

Im gonna buy a SD/CF adapter for the neo n64 myth cart.
But it does not says n64 flash cart on the box for the cheaper twin package. http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&cat=5&page=1
But the cheaper one says it support 512mb games.

While the other simulair one says only 256 mb support, & also says it supports n64 on the box.
Is this an older packaging?
http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=58&cat=5&page=1

Which one shall I buy to play 512mb games from the SD/CF, and which of them is best?

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »
Hello all, it's me again and again...
So i formated my computer and reinstalled WinXP (i already had WinXP).
I tried to install Neo2Menu V2.99, i had an error from Neo2USB.dll registering...
I managed to do the trick by using this method from abignale:
If anyone else has problems with neo2usb.dll, you can try this:

Download winusb.dll, efsadu.dll and msjava.dll from dllcentral.com. Put them in your NEO2 Ultra Menu directory, then reregister the Neo2Usb.dll file (regsvr32 "c:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\Neo2Usb.dll")

I plugged the Neo Myth card and everything seems OK, 512Mb/512Mb.
Since I had some burning error, i wanted to do a new whole formating. And you know what ?
My flashcard gone to 507 Mb again.. just by formating....
I think I'm cursed...
I'll try to reformat it again... and to use it.
Please, someone tell me what to do to have my Neo Myth 64 working well like you all....

EDIT: Even if the card shows 507Mb/512; I burned a game, GoldenEye. I can burn only 128Mb games, since 256 Mb tell me "not enough ROM" It was burned well, with good data verifying but doesn't run.
I burned 2 games, GoldenEye and Super Mario 64. Super Mario runs well, GoldenEye doesn't boot.... And after a new format, still 507Mb/512Mb.

I wonder... with my NeoMyth 64 i had a GBA card with "512M" writen on it (not Neo2 etc..). it shows "Card Type 5" in Neo2Menu but I saw on some screenshot "Card Type 7"
Can it be faulty ? I mean, if I change the "memory card", would my flashcard run well ? I wanted to buy the Neo2 SD... but i don't want to spend money for useless stuff.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:44:27 AM by MockyLock »

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2010, 03:48:50 AM »
Hi,

we have the same problems than you. Here is what I do:

1. Format the cart with the Ultra Menu v2.93 in standard mode.

2. Open Ultra Menu v2.99 and copy your rom over.

3. If I want to change the game, or add a game, I reformat the cart in standard mode on v2.93

In order to use 2 different menus, you must first copy the version you have on your computer (like v2.99, copy, past and rename it). Then uninstall it and install v2.93 and change the name in the installation process (like Neo Ultra Menu 2.93). After this, create a shortcut on your desktop of both versions, v2.93 and v2.99. So you can use both at the same time, one for formatting only, the other for burning and copying savegames.

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:56 AM »
I tried your method, got Neo2Menu 2.93, 2.95, 2.98, 2.99 installed.
I tried to format in Low and standard level with all version, and still got 507/512 Mb.
I'm pretty sure that the Neo card is faulty. I think I'm gonna let IC2005 know about that and try to find a deal...

Just a question (for sanni maybe): how can i know which one are the bad blocks ? (im'n not sure of my english ^^)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:35:19 AM by MockyLock »

Offline the|Gamer

« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »
Hi,
PALadin worked for me too!
I tried Indiana Jones Infernal Machine,Namco Museum,Harvest Moon 64 all of them Worked in Pal60 and Pal50!
PS: I modded my Controller so now it has a PSX Joystick in it YEAH

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2010, 02:25:13 AM »
Hello all.
Thanks again to you sanni. It's good to have help !!
I formated first with 2.93 and gone from 507 to 509Mb.
Then i tried your method and utils and you know what ? I have the exact same bad blocks than you, 1, 2, 511, 512.
And in the Neo2Menu 2.99, it appears again 509 Mb.
I thought that 1 block = 1 Mb ; so 512 - (4 bad blocks) = 509 Mb.
but you tell me that your flashcard works perfectly even with the 4 bad blocks on the format log...
Why the hell mine can't work well ?

EDIT : i wanna add that now with 509Mb rather than 507, I can burn a 256 Mb game plus a 128 game (before, with 507, i couldn't add any 256 Mb game, only 2x128)

EDIT#2: actually i could CHOOSE 256 and 128 games to add to the flashcard ; but the first one (here it's the 256 Mb game Perfect Dark) failed in data verification.
And toher thing : i can choose FIRST athe 256 Mb game and then the 128. If i choos ethe 128 Mb game first, the 256 Mb can't be added (not enough ROM).
After a last foramt, there is still 509 Mb left.
I wonder, if the FIRST game added is the FIRST burned, and if the first burned uses the first blocks, here the bad blocks (# 1 & 2) so it's obvious that it will fail, isn't it ?
Since i'm not a programmer, forgive me if i tell "coding bullsh***"
I just want to find why i can't use my flashcard :(
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:20:16 AM by MockyLock »

Offline the|Gamer

« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2010, 03:42:24 AM »
Hi,
I dont have all that trouble with BadBlocks ;)
Flashed Conker a few times and well It worked every time!

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:09 AM »
When I try to format my Neo2 Lite card with neotest_v05win32, I get the following error:

Anyone an idea what to do?
BTW I can´t format my card with Neo2 Ultra Menu 2.93, 2.95, 2.98 and 2.99 either...  ~sm-39.gif~
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline sanni

« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2010, 05:00:25 AM »
MockyLock, we need to isolate the problem ~sm-41.gif~

I could be the fault of:

1- the Neo2 GBA Cart
2- the N64 Myth Cart
3- the USB cable
4- your PC's hardware, e.g. USB port doesn't provide enough power
5- a software problem

1) since your Neo2 GBA cart doesn't have more bad block than mine, I don't think that its the fault of the Neo2 GBA cart
2) the only way to test this would need another N64 Myth Cart, so lets exclude the other options first
3) the USB cable, how long is your usb cable? On mine there is "high speed" printed on, there are different kinds of usb cables, try to find a "high speed" one, or another high qualitiy and short usb cable
4) Do you know somebody that has a laptop? Laptops tend to be more dependable. Just try it on another pc.
5) It could be a software incompatibilty, so that the neo2 ultra menu just don't work withyour pc, try it on another pc

@stefan_iro
neotest only supports the MD cart so even if you flashed the menu successfully it would not help you. You would have to flash with Neo2 Ultra Menu afterwards.

Offline madmonkey

• Neo MOD
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
@MockyLock, uninstall both the neo client and driver from the device manager, then install following this post Re: No SlimLoader USB Found?.
see if the official client works after that.

1, 2, 511, 512 blocks seem to be really suspicious, especially since these are "special" blocks on some carts.
I suspect there might be an error in my app :)
I need the result of the --cartid option to look further into it.
the same goes for error with menu writing - maybe it's the cart for which there is no known menu_write command yet(there is one such cart).

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2010, 03:12:16 AM »
Hello and thanks again to you all that bring help.

So, to sanni:
1) you're right but the cart should not have bad blocks. For me, it's already a first problem.
2) since noone around me got a NeoMyth, let's go to the third question =)
3) I tested with 4 different cables, the yellow one, and 3 from others USB stuff, with different length, etc.. it doesn't change anything. And i tried on a USB Hub and on the motherboard.
4) here may be the main problem. I don't know if it's USB port or anything else, but i think it could be a hardware problem.
5) i tried many Neo2Menu, and it already worked before. I managed to burn and play Conker or Resident Evil, even Sin & Punishment. So the flashcard already worked well. But sometimes it does, sometime not.
And for a while now, it can't recover the whole 512 Mb.

Every day, when i come back from my job, i try a format on a random Neo2Menu (i must do something, musn't ?)
Today, it has gone from 509 to 510 Mb.
This is what i don't understand. Sometime 507 Mb, sometime 509, sometime 510, and sometime 512. The flashcart seems to run "randomly". This make me think it must be a hardware issue.

To madmonkey:
I'm gonna try your method, maybe tonight. But already, thanks to you.
And of course, thanks to sanni =)

EDIT:
I tried  the method from madmonkey and
"you know what ? I'm happy" =)
I recovered the whole 512 Mb in the first format, I could burn and PLAY Conker Bad Fur Day.
I'm gonna test the whole system furthermore, with many format / burning ROMs to see if it's stable.
But "That's one small step for me, one giant leap for Neomankind"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:47:37 AM by MockyLock »

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2010, 04:07:15 AM »
Hello all, new episode in the "MockyLock great journey in the Neo Myth World"

Today I achieved to burn 2 games, Perfect Dark & GoldenEye without formating, just clearing the ROMs, and I flashed a save state for each game and everything works =)

When nothing works, i bore you with my complain ; so when everything works, i tell you too, question of courtesy.
More tests in next days...

Just a question, how did you found this trick madmonkey ?
And you sanni, how do you know so much of Neo Myth card ?
Are you both coders/programmers ?
And what make the last trick work ?
Sorry for this cross-examination (auto translate^^) but i'm curious

Offline madmonkey

• Neo MOD
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2010, 05:06:20 AM »
I'm using winxpsp1 as primary system(mainly because I' can't figure out how to painlessly transfer 500+ torrents from utorrent to other client :) ), so I had to use this "trick" to use official client.
which last trick? if you mean driver, winusb is not supposed to work with winxp prior to sp3, if it works good, if not just don't do it.