Author Topic: Testers report thread  (Read 67001 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Testers report thread
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »
Hi,
40 Winks does not work with 4Kb EEPROM

Just tried it , and i can confirm that it doesn't work. ::sm-10.gif::

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »
An update on Jet force gemini.

I managed to import the crack , and also to "convert" the Z64 sram save file to N64 Myth , and to be recognized & loaded by the game , but guess what , the save leads to black screen.

It seems that the crack is very connected with that save file and maybe it contains z64 modified instructions.
 ~sm-34.gif~

Lets see..

Edit : Dr.Neo , maybe these addresses/data pairs can help your research?
http://pastebin.com/f50199474
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:53:07 PM by Conle »

Offline the|Gamer

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »
Hi,
tried an other 40Winks Version now and what should I say? IT WORKS flawlessly

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »
Unfortunately my 512 cart has so many bad blocks that any 512Mb game will fail to verify. Has anyone else had that happen?

I did get them working with a 512 game once or twice but now one fails after the verify and one always seems to say not enough space for a 512 game. I have tried all the format options, different USB cables and computers. There may still be hope with different burning software.

My Neo2-SD has 512 and that still works with 512 games but 1 out of 3 isn't good odds.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:21:46 PM by Sektor »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »
I did get them working with a 512 game once or twice but now one fails after the verify and one always seems to say not enough space for a 512 game. I have tried all the format options, different USB cables and computers. There may still be hope with different burning software.

My Neo2-SD has 512 and that still works with 512 games but 1 out of 3 isn't good odds.

Before my n64 myth's port reach ...the bottom of the case ,
 i had the same issues.

The programmer was crashing at verify , and if i was lucky enough it was just failing at the verify process without crash.

Maybe you should try to use another slimloader(&remember to to a standard format first!) , try with md myth for example or another external SL if you happen to have one.

If it works there , then ... ::sm-03::
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:03:18 PM by Conle »

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »
I tried with MD Myth and N64 Myth but it didn't seem to make a difference. I don't have any other Slimloaders and since it works for smaller games and with the Neo2-SD, I don't think it's the writer at fault.

Dr.Neo, will the 512 version of the Neo2-SD be added to ic2005?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:11:39 PM by Sektor »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2010, 07:00:49 PM »
Is it only me or the programmer writes garbage data to the sram when downloading ?

Maybe that's the reason that my modified save files don't work and result in a crash.
 ~sm-34.gif~

We need the menu really bad  ~sm-31.gif~

Edit : Tried to write one 1Mb block full of 0xFF to the Flashram and i got back a block with MD header word swapped and some other garbage data.
 ~sm-39.gif~
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:15:46 PM by Conle »

Offline Link83

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2010, 07:16:29 PM »
Is it only me or the programmer writes garbage data to the sram when downloading ?

Maybe that's the reason that my modified save files don't work and result in a crash.
 ~sm-34.gif~

We need the menu really bad  ~sm-31.gif~

No, its not just you - I mentioned the problem in the "N64 Myth programmer bug reports & recommendations" thread:-

I am still having problems backing up and restoring save files using the Neo2 Ultra Menu - it does not seem to work at all for me...

All the save files seem to dump as the correct size and file type (EEP, SRA, FLA) but none of the save files actually work on any emulators, even when using the exact same rom and giving the save file the exact same name as expected by the emulator.

When compared with a hex editor all the save files I have backed up from the N64 Myth cart (Neo2 cart) have exactly the same data, even though the saves are from entirely different games. When compared with a hex editor to their corresponding game emulator save files they seem to be completely different, leading me to believe that incorrect data is being dumped from the SRAM by the Neo2 Ultra Menu.

After burning different games when I try to restore the save file for the first game back to the N64 Myth Cart using the 'DownLoad Save' option the save file will not work at all, the game will just create a new save file.

What is interesting is that if you restore any save file, and then back it up again you will get the exact same save data you restored dumped back, even after playing and saving a number of different games.

Basically I think the Neo2 Ultra Menu is backing up and restoring saves files to an entirely different part (memory address) of the Neo2 SRAM than where the games are actually being saved to.

:'(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:32:41 PM by Link83 »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
Yes , i've seen it Link83 , its just i modified the data manually and its very weird.

Anyway,here's something interesting.

I created a 4Mb file full of 0xFF then wrote it using SRAM Write->4Mb->WVerify = On , and i got back the same block.

Then i wrote 1Mb save + (3Mb with 0xFF) and i got back the correct data.
Now i will see if i can get back the data from flashram using the download option.
 ~sm-39.gif~

Edit : Still im getting a sega genesis header with swapped bytes. ::sm-01::
Edit : Second test - same result.Eh , that's it for today i guess.
::sm-12.gif::
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:39:26 PM by Conle »

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35:06 AM »
now i have upgrade to core 1.1  ~sm-37.gif~ i must say: it's a very good card and yes, i can save conker's bad für day...  ::sm-18.gif::
ver good project and i'm sure it just keeps geeting better!  ~sm-42.gif~

Offline kuroiso

• NewPark Boys
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
In my opinion the priorities are:
-NEO2 Menu Plugin for auto configuring save types/CIC/Patches
-Myth SD Card Menu

But all of this features will be great.
Protecting Mrs. Ai Suotome

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »
1-save restore working option
2-SD support
3-Myth SD Card Menu
4-Plugin for auto configuring save types/Patches, CIC already works fine

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2010, 07:14:10 PM »
Hello all (i'm frenchy so please forgive my weird english)
First, i wanna congratulate all N64 Myth team incl. dev and testers. You do a great job.
Here my report for some bug:

#1 I had some weird behavior with the now well-known Yellow-Cable, i will try for now with a new one. Will give feedback.
#2 Once, i had a report from Neo2Menu that there was a bad writting verification After some tests, i saw that there was only 510/512Mb available. No more games could be writen, unless Super Mario 64. I managed to get back the whole 512 Mb by uninstalling and installing again the Neo2Menu and doing a new low level format. It was the 2.95 version. I now use the 2.98, and will give feedback.
#3 Tsumi no Batsu (Sin & Punishment) does not work. I use a Pal console, and set the save to EEPROM 4KBit, and boot with Super Mario 64 PAL. I only have a black screen.
#4 i played perfect Dark perfect and could save. But i tried to backup the save (said it was done) and when i loaded it back, the save was not available in game (even if the Neo2Menu told me it was well loaded).

Some thing about the menu:

- Sometime, for noobs like me, the Neo2Menu is a bit hard to use. I mean there is many options int the N64 menu that are not used (GBA options ?) Why do they appear in this N64 section ?

- The new section in v2.98 Neo2Menu, N64 U2: what is the use for those options ? I mean, what is the difference betwen "Read ROM" from this option and "Backup ROM" ?

Some question:

- Is it possible to swap betwen many GBA flashcard, so i could have many N64 game already burned ? Which flashcard can I use ?

- The core version, is it possible to know it from Neo2Menu ? I think i have the 1.1 since I can save in Perfect Dark.

- last one, why the flash tool for upgrading the core is not shipped in bundle with the N64 Myth card ? We know that we'll have to update one day. I think it would be great to send it, even for some extra $.

i hope i didnt bore you with this post, and i hope you will help me for Sin & Punishment.
And once again, congratulation

EDIT I tried to burn Tsumi no Batsu with Neo2Menu v2.98 and it still not working.
And when i tried to burn 2 other games (Zelda OOT and Perfect Dark), I had a verifiing error oh the second one, and now i still have 510Mb/512Mb free.
I hope i could fix this issue...
EDIT 2I uninstalled Neo2Menu v2.98 and installed v2.95, formated in low level the flashcard and burned Zelda OOT and Perfect Dark. Everything seems to be running well.
But, why the flashcard sometime loose 2Mb of memory ?????
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:58:25 PM by MockyLock »

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2010, 07:04:55 AM »
Because it was one of the two games that required cic6105 cart game attached, I played Banjo Tooie completely and it's fine, the only thing besides that requires cic6105 for boot, it's that when the camera change of location (i.e.: when you enter or leave mumbo's house, wumba's, a new world etc) it takes a few seconds charging and the led blinks, I don't know if this delay is normal because I don't have the actual game, that's all.

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2010, 08:27:18 AM »
Hello,

I tried to play Neon Genesis Evangelion (J) [!].z64 on my NTSC-J console and found a few interesting things:

The game boots when you select 16KBit EEPRom. You can complete the first mission, but then when the game tries to save you will get an error message:
EEPRom verification failed. This seems to be a protection of the game, or does the Myth cart give such informations?

Then I reformatted the card again (standard) and used the "cart" option to save. I could boot the game, complete the first mission and save the game with Yoshi (EEPRom 16KBit) as Bootcart.

So my question is:
Is this behavior normal (That the game stops playing if the wrong Bootcart is inserted)? (I am using Core 1.1)