Author Topic: Testers report thread  (Read 66986 times)

Offline MockyLock

Re: Testers report thread
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2010, 04:01:43 AM »
Hello
About Tsumi No Batsu, i thought that Jet Force Gemini or Banjo Tooiee needed a 6105 Bootcard.
Link83,in this post (page 1), uses a 6102 bootchip for Tusmi and it worked :/

Offline sanni

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
I just want to report that soldering a 6105 CIC into the Myth Cart works for all games I tested so far.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:13:42 PM by sanni »

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »
Experiencing serious problems with formatting and burning roms.

Hello, since a few days, nothing seems to work how it should. I am using Windows 7 64 bit as primary system, and for about 2 Weeks, everything was fine, formatting, burning and playing games was fine.

Now out of nowhere burning roms and formatting seems to be a problem. I can format the card (with a good USB Cable that I was using the whole time), and get NO ERRORS. Then, when I try to add games, sometimes it works, sometimes I get an error that not enough space is available. However, I always format the card in standard mode before I use another game.

Even when the game is verified, (in the case of adding 2 games at the same time), I can often only start one game. (I use basic roms like mario, bomberman, mario kart and waverace, so no copy protection ect...)

This is NOT SYSTEM related, because I get the same errors on different systems (XP 32 Bit Pro SP3; Vista Ultimate 32 Bit; Virutal PC Windows XP Mode for Windows 7 32 Bit).

Is this a Hardware related problem, or can it be a software problem?

All roms worked fine for the 2 first weeks.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »
Make sure the cart plugged into the N64 Myth is clean. The only time I had a problem running anything was when that cart was dirty.

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2010, 03:01:26 AM »
The cart is like new, really clean, and the game works fine.

Since one game works fine, and the other game does not, I doubt that it is related to the boot-cartridge.

Could there be a problem with the GBA cart?

//Update//

I just connected the cart to the PC and opened the Neo2 Ultra Menu. I got an error message saying that the N64 Bios Menu was failed burning last time (Not exactly like this, when I get it again, I will post it), do you want to burn it again?

I selected Yes and the Myth menu loaded normally. But in the game list was Zelda MM Japanese Version. This is strange since I formatted the cart before and wrote Hexen 64 and Doom 64. I also think that I have read the rom while trying to get a backup of my save a few days ago. Anyway, could it be that I messed up the bios? Or is this not possible.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the program and formatted using the low format option.

//Update2//

It seems to be a hardware related problem. I tried formatting on a clean Windows XP 32 Bit System, but after the low format I had only 507 /512 MBit Ram.

Is there any way I can fix this?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:42:41 AM by Nekojin »

Offline sanni

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
I even tried a few times to pull the usb cable out while it was formatting, in order to try to recreate the problem you have.

Maybe you shouldn't have done that  ^-^

Did you plug the Myth Cart directly into the USB slot on the back of your computer, becuase I had some problems when using a usbswitch.

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »

//Update2//

It seems to be a hardware related problem. I tried formatting on a clean Windows XP 32 Bit System, but after the low format I had only 507 /512 MBit Ram.

Is there any way I can fix this?

try a full format

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2010, 09:30:30 PM »
Wow sanni, this looks very professional!  ;)
How did you desolder the 6105 CIC from the original cart?

Stefan

I just want to report that soldering a 6105 CIC into the Myth Cart works for all games I tested so far.

-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »
Maybe you shouldn't have done that  ^-^

Did you plug the Myth Cart directly into the USB slot on the back of your computer, becuase I had some problems when using a usbswitch.

As I said in the first post:

I use the motherboard USB Slot
I use a good USB Cable (and tried different ones)

Pulling the cable out while formatting / computer reset can happen to anyone and should not damage the card.

@ aleomark:

Maybe I misunderstand you, but with a full format you mean a standard mode or low level format, or can you choose "full format" in the menu?

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2010, 11:00:52 PM »
I think some of the GBA carts are just bad and all of them will be eventually since they use NOR and the blocks die on those after less than 100k writes.  It could also be a problem with the software not properly marking the blocks as bad. SD and RAM combo carts should be the future, just with the menu stored on NOR.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:05:03 PM by Sektor »

Offline sanni

« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2010, 11:40:37 PM »
Wow sanni, this looks very professional!  ;)
How did you desolder the 6105 CIC from the original cart?

Stefan

I used a desoldering pump I bought at reichelt.de for 1,10€

You heat the solder with your iron and then suck it into the pump while its still melted. 

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2010, 12:40:07 AM »
As I said in the first post:

I use the motherboard USB Slot
I use a good USB Cable (and tried different ones)

Pulling the cable out while formatting / computer reset can happen to anyone and should not damage the card.

@ aleomark:

Maybe I misunderstand you, but with a full format you mean a standard mode or low level format, or can you choose "full format" in the menu?

a standard format, there was somebody with the same problem ago, I remember he was using win7, so he changed to winxp 32bit, did a standard format and resolved that, if you are currently using winxp 32 bit already, try it on other pc, maybe register or something on windows got broken.

Offline Nekojin

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2010, 01:28:02 AM »
a standard format, there was somebody with the same problem ago, I remember he was using win7, so he changed to winxp 32bit, did a standard format and resolved that, if you are currently using winxp 32 bit already, try it on other pc, maybe register or something on windows got broken.

Already did this. I tried it on various computer systems WIN XP 32Bit also failed, installed it again, nothing changed.

I tried again to format it on Windows 7 64Bit, and now it worked fine for one try. (With Conker), reformated (standard) again, and he did only recognize 507/512 MBit again. Reformatted it another time on the same system, now it works again.

So why does it sometimes work, then it fails again, then reworks? I changed nothing on the system and always do a standard format for the menu and the rom...

So can it be software related or hardware?

I find this strange.

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2010, 05:28:38 AM »
Hello
I come to talk about my problem again.
First, i can' load my saved games. I'he done a Perfect Dark saves, that works well (i mean i could save and play again with my saves). But if I backup this save, format my card and load it again, it's not recognized.
Second, I still cant make Tsumi no Batsu (Sin & Punishment) work. I tried on a PAL and a JAP Nintendo 64. The burning is well verified. I booted with a PAL 7101 / NTSC 6102 game (Super Mario 64)  and  a PAL 7105 / NTSC 6105 game (Jet Force Gemini).

Please could someone help me ?

Offline sanni

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
Sin & Punishment works perfectly on my japanese N64, I have a 6105 CIC soldered in the N64 Myth and no boot cart.

What save settings did you use when burning?

Maybe your S&P Rom is faulty?

I also tried backing up and restoring a save game for Perfect Dark.
It also worked flawlessly. I used the newest V2.99 App.
First I marked the Perfect Dark Rom on the list in the V2.99 App, then I clicked Backup Save, the save now is in C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\N64. I loaded the save with an emulator, it worked perfectly.
Then I formatted the N64 Myth Cart, flashed the Perfect Dark rom, then market it and clicked DownLoad Save and selected the Perfect Dark.eep file in C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\N64.
As I stated above it worked flawlessly.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:32:45 PM by sanni »