Author Topic: Testers(and not only!) dump thread  (Read 10125 times)

Offline neo-diy

Re: Testers(and not only!) dump thread
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 07:03:27 AM »
save to c: \ neo2 ultra menu \ n64 \
Only the format of the corresponding Project64
You need to save the file name to Project64 able to accept the name of

STARFOX64.eep <<ep4k & 16k
THE MASK OF MUJURA.fla <<fram 128k
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra <<sram 32k

Offline radorn

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »
save to c: \ neo2 ultra menu \ n64 \
Only the format of the corresponding Project64
You need to save the file name to Project64 able to accept the name of

STARFOX64.eep <<ep4k & 16k
THE MASK OF MUJURA.fla <<fram 128k
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra <<sram 32k

Thanks but that's not what I meant and I already knew about it.

Conle said that you shouldn't change save type in body harvest, but it uses eep4k, so if you leave it in "card", how the hell do you have the game save?
You have to use a 4keeprom cart?

And by the way. Can someone explain what is that "ModeA" column in the ultra menu? mode0, mode1... what are these?

EDIT:
well. I could save properly in body harvest using a spare copy of SM64 I have (only on PAL, though, as I don't have any NTSC cart with eeprom 4k).
It's definitelly not a good solution, specially if there's no way to back up that save.

by the way, I know about this "backup master" thing that is being worked on, but, is that an additional piece of hardware or some software/frmware solution that will work with the myth cart?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:25:17 PM by radorn »
My report posts: N64
My new blog about N64 and the MYTH cart (just starting)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »
Conle said that you shouldn't change save type in body harvest, but it uses eep4k, so if you leave it in "card", how the hell do you have the game save?
You have to use a 4keeprom cart?

Yes im using a 4Kb eeprom cart for this game.When the new menu is released , only then we could tell if its just a bug in the programmer or a bug in the core.

By the way , there are many games that when you set manually the CIC/Save type they won't boot.

For example , try to set 6105 CIC(the correct) for Jet force gemini & you will get a black screen.

Offline radorn

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
Jet force gemini loads fine with setting CIC type in menu in my case.
The problem is that if I use a cart with a CIC that doesn't match, the game will show the protection code limitations (no shooting and no running). Of course it doesn't save either (which is already known), but it does load with boot emulation for me.

Going back to body harvest again, I think you may have missed it, or not paid attention, but one of the first things I said is that, when I first tried (I don't remember wether I was using core 1.0 or had already updated to 1.1 at that time, but I think it was 1.1), body harvest (U) loaded AND SAVED fine. heck, I could even backup the save and use it on project 64, and my game was there. It's now that it isn't working anymore, which makes this even more strange.
My report posts: N64
My new blog about N64 and the MYTH cart (just starting)

Offline neo-diy

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
The SAVE TYPE hardware has to support, do you want to save on your N64 CARD can also be, you can SAVE TYPE election CARD

MODEA <reserved