Author Topic: open source cross platform myth writer  (Read 13821 times)

Offline sanni

Re: open source cross platform myth writer
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:22:16 PM »
Yes the PluginDB figures out what save and cic type a game is. You can also use http://www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_faq.html or the information provided in this thread http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6261.0.html to manually set the cic/save type.

About the saves, always remember to make a backup of the save sram before flashing new games because it can happen that your saves will be overwritten by another game.
The menu also works if you don't have a Neo2 Pro or SD. So you might at least try it once, just for the fun of it  ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 11:11:47 PM »
Also note that the plugin uses mupen plus emulator's database ..which means that it is 100% compatible with the GoodN64 romset.   ~sm-51.gif~.gif

Offline cloudskipa

• NEO newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 12:08:06 AM »
Yeah I have messed about with the menu already and it's pretty sweet. I have a Neo2 but it only has 256M ROM meaning some of the larger games won't load at all. Plus I haven't got a Programmer for my Neo Myth so I cannot update the firmware (it's v1) so I cannot enjoy games that require saving to and from the SD. But all the other smaller games that rely on an external N64 memory pack for saves load fine. It's pretty fun and one day when I can afford it I'll buy a programmer and a better Neo card.

I really do appreciate all the hard work ChillyWilly has put into the menu and everybody else related to the development of the Neo Myth. The NeoMyth cart is an amazing piece of tech, it really makes the N64 such a fun console to game on.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:10:42 AM by cloudskipa »

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
Which Neo Myth programmer is the best?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »
Which Neo Myth programmer is the best for my purpose?

I have a N64 Neo Myth cart (v3.0 core) and currently I am using Neo Myth Menu v2.2 with my 1024M Neo2 Lite cart.
The Neo2 Pro Manager v1.11 seems to be very unstable and supports only 512M of my 1024M Neo2 Lite cart...

My question:
a) Does the open source cross platform myth writer support Neo Myth Menu v2.2 ?
b) Does the open source cross platform myth writer support 1024M with Neo2 Lite/ Neo2 Pro ?

Thanks for any answer!
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline madmonkey

• Neo MOD
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »
no to both counts.

for now I'm adding snes support, n64 will have to wait a few months.
actually someone might jump in and implement n64 support, all that needs to be done is write specific values to specific locations, everything else is the same between all the myth carts.
that's what open source is for!

1024 mb cart is a little trickier than the n64 support though.

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
a) Does the open source cross platform myth writer support Neo Myth Menu v2.2 ?
b) Does the open source cross platform myth writer support 1024M with Neo2 Lite/ Neo2 Pro ?
no to both counts.

Hmmm, I see. Thanks for the information anyway!

for now I'm adding snes support, n64 will have to wait a few months.
Nice to hear that SNES support is coming! Hopefully mic_´s great menu will be added.  :-X

actually someone might jump in and implement n64 support, all that needs to be done is write specific values to specific locations, everything else is the same between all the myth carts.
that's what open source is for!
I doubt that there is someone willing AND able to implement those specific values.  :(

1024 mb cart is a little trickier than the n64 support though.

Hmmm, again. The 1024M cart (Neo2 Lite or Neo2 Pro) has the biggest flash memory which is used for some N64 games, e.g. Paper Mario, Ogre Battle, Conker, Resident Evil. I (and probably most N64 users) would be very happy if 1024M will be supported some day...
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames