Author Topic: Menu  (Read 10295 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Menu
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 02:35:57 AM »
I don't think that testing an early version of a menu could help but only slow things down.  ~sm-75.gif~.gif
I'm sure ChillyWilly will release something once its working  ~sm-90.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 05:52:33 AM »
Anyone who wishes to help is welcome. Right now, I think most people are waiting for a base to work from. That's one thing I'm working on right this moment (literally - I have the editor open in the other workspace  ~sm-82.gif~.gif ). If you want to work on something else while that's being worked on, go ahead. If you want to try you hand at your own menu, feel free as well. People don't HAVE to wait for my code - it's one of the nice things about open source... if you think you can do better, give it a try! Most people just settle for helping improve things, but you can always try your own version out. That's how my MD menu got started - instead of working from the "official" menu, I just wrote my own using info from the official one (and a few questions to Dr.neo).

For example, right now, Conle is trying his hand at adding GG codes to the DX version of my MD menu. When I get the updated menu out, he'll be easily able to move the code to it, hopefully having worked out how to do it in the existing menu. Mic has been improving the existing SNES Myth menu. Eventually, that will get replaced by a "full" menu, but in the meantime, his improvements are very welcome to people using the SNES Myth, and those improvements will help the SNES Myth menu I do work better as well. See how that works?
 8)

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 01:35:32 AM »
when you need a menu tester, i am here.   ~sm-51.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 04:22:48 AM »
when you need a menu tester, i am here.   ~sm-51.gif~.gif

Everyone here serves as a menu tester.  ~sm-79.gif~.gif  ~sm-82.gif~.gif

I usually post stuff that is even only partially working for folks to test. Dr.neo usually picks a version that seems pretty solid to most folks when looking at what to package up with the latest Ultra Menu.

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »
Dr.neo has announced the release of a Neo2 Pro Cart with 1024M Flash and 256M Ram, which should be available soon!
The cart has been mentioned at Link83´s NEO N64 Myth Cart ´Preliminary Review´, but I think it better fits in here:
all neo2-SD have up to 128M PSRAM only at this moment, but i have send one pcs new neo2 pro cart to ChillyWilly last time, it have 1G flash and 256M PSRAM. now this neo2 pro cart is ready, will start for sale soon.
so with this neo2 pro cart, user can download the N64 roms which up to 256M size to it from the SD (sure, we all wait this SD function ready,but not yet now), in this way can play almost N64 ROMs and not need burn to flash first, much much fast will be.

These are really great news for everone, who has bought the N64 Myth cart (like me, too)  ~sm-73.gif~.gif
By now the biggest Neo2 cart available is the Neo2 Twin, which has 512M Flash and 128M Ram. These carts have also been included with the N64 Myth Test Kit.
The problem is, that once there is SD support, only games up to 128M Ram can be loaded to the current Neo2 SD cart.
With the release of the Neo2 Pro Cart all games up to 256M can be stored to the SD cart. And the very few games that need more memory can be stored to the 1024M Flash chip.

~sm-91.gif~.gif Hopefully there will also be a TF version of the Neo2 Pro Cart, which doesn´t stick out of the N64 Myth cart  ~sm-90.gif~.gif
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 01:33:58 AM »
Once it gets that far, the menu will be able to burn games too large for the psram into the flash. It'll be slow, like the PC menu, but still doable. The ideal way to use things would be to have the one (or two) BIG games you want to play burned to flash, then load the smaller ones to psram off th sd card.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »
how long it takes to load a game from sd card?

a small game like mario 64 or a 256m game like perfekt dark? can you tell me this?
and load the games faster with the new neo2 sd card from sd?

thanks

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 02:29:55 AM »
how long it takes to load a game from sd card?

a small game like mario 64 or a 256m game like perfekt dark? can you tell me this?
and load the games faster with the new neo2 sd card from sd?

thanks

I'm still working on that. I'll post figures when I have them.

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 04:32:07 AM »
Once we´ve got SD support, we surely will get a menu.  ~sm-92.gif~.gif
But hopefully the menu will also support the standard 512M Neo2 card, which came with the N64 Myth. There are lots of 64M games and even 32M games have been released for the N64! Instead of just 2 games the 512M Neo2 card could hold up to 10 games.  ~sm-36.gif~
Therefore a menu makes sense for everyone even if you don´t intend to buy a Neo2 SD card!
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames